Bisimoto Cams - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM  

Bisimoto Cams

I spoke to Bisi a few weeks ago and asked if he had any plans for the 7th gen Accord or TL. He said yes and that he planned on developing some cams for us.

I don't have any specs or anything, but I figured I'd let you guys know in case anyone may be interested. I know the TL-s cams work well with our cars and are cheap, but I know that aftermarket cams will surely yield more power.
Sonnick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM  
resident noob

sounds good, but no big mods will really be great until there is ECU support to go with it.
quick kid 87 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM  
cunning linguist

Uh-oh... Looks like the J swaps on Honda-tech are starting to drive some aftermarket support for us...

I envision some serious Boost and NA cams in our future. Sh*ts getting real...

-Brian-
04 6spd Coupe-> 10 4cyl Coupe-> 11 V6 Coupe
07 V6 Auto Sedan-> 10 CR-V
Mod'd Z06 - Sold for move
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MorePower4me is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old June 4th, 2009, 03:24 PM  
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
Yay
ComptechV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower4me View Post
Uh-oh... Looks like the J swaps on Honda-tech are starting to drive some aftermarket support for us...

I envision some serious Boost and NA cams in our future. Sh*ts getting real...
You may be right, sir. Hopefully this will be the start of a new era for the J series

Maybe Hondata (dare I say the word) will see the increased demand for the J series, or some other company, and do some serious R&D for an ECU program. The J series can make some serious power NA..
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM  

I emailed him a couple months ago and never got a response but on his website it does say there will be some J-Series parts in production.

Besides, the man loves his SOHCS.
JCharged is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM  
- Leo

Finally, our cars/motors are getting some recognition. Hopefully a lot more aftermarket parts start appearing soon.
03_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM  
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Paulter and CP will have part numbers soon for J37/J36 rods and pistons.....
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 04:16 PM  
KT!

Send a message via AIM to icantsleeps
i bet the parts are gunna cost a lot :/ i want a 7th gen :/
icantsleeps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM  
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCharged View Post
I emailed him a couple months ago and never got a response but on his website it does say there will be some J-Series parts in production.

Besides, the man loves his SOHCS.

I emailed him also and never got a response...
otsb708 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM  

He's a busy man. Going on tours, whooping everyone's ass with his underrated, overpowered cereal box cars.
JCharged is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM  
resident noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
You may be right, sir. Hopefully this will be the start of a new era for the J series

Maybe Hondata (dare I say the word) will see the increased demand for the J series, or some other company, and do some serious R&D for an ECU program. The J series can make some serious power NA..
Hondadata. would be a god send.

if they can make intake and exhaust K20s into screamers, imagine what they could do for a j30 with i/e.
The pure sports car....
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
quick kid 87 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:47 PM  
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

If Hondata could run a flash for intake/jpipe/exhaust/cams..oh my god I would be all over that in a freakin' second. When I did it for my intake/exhaust RSX-S the gains were phenomenal. I got 95% of available torque from 2500rpms up..which is huge for a Honda. And peak gains were sick as well. I can only imagine what they could do with a 3.0 litre...would be so f'ing dope to have a flash for intake/exhaust/jpipe/cams. Oh well, gotta have a dream, right?
mbr311 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM  
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to sp45
that dude is the sohc king,thats great news for us!
sp45 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM  

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
As long as there's a dyno, which there has never been for the TL-S cams.
99VTECCoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:07 AM  

Quote:
I know that aftermarket cams will surely yield more power.
Most of the aftermarket products are not "tested" as well as the OEM.
sirchadwick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM  

But the way our Heads designed we cant run at big cam so I hope it works but I know it will
rayray24 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
Or at all. 4 out of 5 people that installed the TL-S cams reported little or no additional power, so I'm still skeptical. Rereading through that thread makes me want to bang my head against my desk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM  
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99VTECCoupe View Post
Or at all. 4 out of 5 people that installed the TL-S cams reported little or no additional power, so I'm still skeptical. Rereading through that thread makes me want to bang my head against my desk
Hey I never got to respond to you in the other thread. I am very familiar with West Genesse and they were a lacrosse powerhouse along with Garden City on LI.
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
Good point. I would still venture to say aftermarket Bisi cams will make more power than the TL-s cams on the 7th gen AV6. Bisi puts a lot of time and research into his performance parts and loves his SOHC's.

Along with this, P2R is putting together an intake manifold for us. So things are looking pretty nifty right now.
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM  
Honda Tech

Quote:
Good point. I would still venture to say aftermarket Bisi cams will make more power than the TL-s cams on the 7th gen AV6. Bisi puts a lot of time and research into his performance parts and loves his SOHC's.

Along with this, P2R is putting together an intake manifold for us. So things are looking pretty nifty right now.
yay for nifty SH|T
Matt04V6EX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM  
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:

Would adding cams and an intake manifold to I/E/Jpipe/Test Pipe necessitate engine management of some sort or do you think our ECU can compensate? I'm not all about the Neo since our ECU detunes it..so would we need like an AEM FIC with all these mods? I know obviously a good tune is the most important thing when you're dealing with mods. It can give you some nice gains and smooth out power delivery. But since engine management for our car is suspect, I'm just curious how this would work if we stayed with the stock ECU.
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM  
Honda Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
Would adding cams and an intake manifold to I/E/Jpipe/Test Pipe necessitate engine management of some sort or do you think our ECU can compensate? I'm not all about the Neo since our ECU detunes it..so would we need like an AEM FIC with all these mods? I know obviously a good tune is the most important thing when you're dealing with mods. It can give you some nice gains and smooth out power delivery. But since engine management for our car is suspect, I'm just curious how this would work if we stayed with the stock ECU.
+1 I guess it depends on the programing inside the PCM and capabilities of our fuel injectors and stuff like tht
Matt04V6EX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:10 PM  
- Leo

I imagine that with all the bolt ons and cams a tune would definitely be necessary to maximize gains. Our stock ECU's can only compensate so much and i think that even with all the current bolt ons available the ECU isnt making up for all these mods.
03_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM  
I no Nintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
Paulter and CP will have part numbers soon for J37/J36 rods and pistons.....
will they work with a j30a4 crank/block?
gizmo2003 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
Read the TL-S camshaft install thread for an exhaustive discussion on it.

Old June 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM  

MBR: Yes, you should invest in some sort of engine management rather than the NEO if you get some cams. We still need to find a way to advance timing to gain some extra power, especially with cams. Cams and high compression gives us AV6's a BIG increase in power. Look at Brett (worldon1finger) with his 5AT J33..he gained 35whp on the dyno upping the CR to 11:1 after the TL-s cams. The gains from his 3.3L 5AT should be the same for the 3.0 6MTs, which is huge.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM  

Quote:
MBR: Yes, you should invest in some sort of engine management rather than the NEO if you get some cams. We still need to find a way to advance timing to gain some extra power, especially with cams. Cams and high compression gives us AV6's a BIG increase in power. Look at Brett (worldon1finger) with his 5AT J33..he gained 35whp on the dyno upping the CR to 11:1 after the TL-s cams. The gains from his 3.3L 5AT should be the same for the 3.0 6MTs, which is huge.
I can only dream of +35whp... There are tons of people with j30s now. I dont know why hondata isnt jumping on it. Are there any other problems then having enough customers?
nOrcaL7thgen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:42 PM  
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Hondata is making a killing with K-Pro so IMO they are just being hesitant to go away from what put them on the map...

I'm sure it will eventually happen, but I'm afraid most of us will have already moved on in our car life.
otsb708 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:45 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOrcaL7thgen View Post
I can only dream of +35whp... There are tons of people with j30s now. I dont know why hondata isnt jumping on it. Are there any other problems then having enough customers?
Your guess is as good as mine. From what I've heard, they said they did some R&D on the TL but didn't find a large enough increase in power. I'm not sure what else it's gonna take..we have Accords, TL's, CL's, RL's, MDX's, Odyssey's, Pilot's, Ridgelines, and even swapped civics! Sh1t everyone and their mom wants a J civic, I know I do. Even better a J36 RSX

The J30a4/5 has the potential to see 300whp NA. All the bolt-ons plus increased compression, aggressive cams, PnP heads/IM, bored TB, etc, etc. If someone would be willing to lend me $5 G's for an NA build, 12s aren't out of the question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in