Apexi Neo for i4 accord Tuning option - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #1

Apexi Neo for i4 accord Tuning option

I found this article while i was being bored and was looking up on other EMS/ piggy back alternative for everyone else that is not planing to do a headswap/ Force induction and just want to work with what they have on the accord while is full bolt on.

Yes, I found it on crappy import tuner but anyway check it out.

As you may know the k20a3 aka ep3/rsx base motor has econo vtec like our accord. So this might be an nice alternative for people who want to run some kinda of ems/piggy back. You can see an increase of
Horsepower Gain
1500 to 3500 HP range: 1 to 3
3500 to 5500 HP range: 2 to 4
5500 to redline HP range: 5 to 7

Torque Gain
1500 to 3500 TQ range: 2 to 3
3500 to 5500 TQ range: 3 to 4
5500 to redline TQ range: 4 to 5

It is decent but I think you would really be better off spent the money on other mod or just saving for hondata.

My estimate price for this is
400 for apexi afc neo *maybe you can find it on ebay for 250-350*
190 for boomslang harness for AT *170 for MT*
400 for 2hr of tuning to fix the oem baseline and smooth thing out *only an estimate I have no idea how long it will take and price also*
200 for wideband O2 of course

so about 1200 for maybe 5-10whp increase and maybe 5-10wtq increase *due to our larger displacement*

So compared to hondata kpro it can cost a lot more 1350 for hondata + cham famous harness, 200 for wideband O2, and like 600 for full MAP tuning.

so about 2150 for ~20whp and ~20wtq.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powe..._safc_neo.html

So given that the apexi afc neo set up cost half as much as kpro and have a lot of maybe I would suggest you either save for kpro or for you k24a8 guys the flash pro if they can get it to work on the k24a8 *see other trend on here*

I would get this set up only if it were close to 500 buck. But I must say this if you are not going to cams, headswap, force, and induction. This might be a good opinion to get ever little ounce of HP.

Another thing does anyone know if the accord i4 o2 sensor is wideband? I checked out the OE # for bosch and it said it was wideband.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in