My Dyno Vid. 7th gen V6 6 speed manual 245whp 211wtq, exhaust/ no cats. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #1
TrakCord

My Dyno Vid. 7th gen V6 6 speed manual 245whp 211wtq, exhaust/ no cats.

Wutup peoples jus wanted to share my new dyno run i couldnt be happier with the car. My first run the car was heat soaked like a mofo cuz i drove 30 miles to get to the dyno. The last 2 are after i let the car cool down for 20 minutes LOL. Neway enjoy the vid. MY engine is a stock internally/externally J30a4 My mods are RV6 precat deletes/3 inch exhaust out to 2.5 inch duals from the j pipe back/Stock airbox with resonator box removed and k&n drop in air filter. I have not been to the drag strip with my current exhaust setup. P.S. any questions criticisms concerns are welcome. I will do my best to answer. I have dynoed 3 times on this dyno and the numbers have been very consistent. Thank you.

As a side note my friend dynod on this exact dyno about 3 months before me ( He has a 6 speed 7th gen accord also) and he made 239whp and 201wtq his mods are RV6 precat deletes/AEM V2 cold air/Greddy Evo 2 exhaust.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by AccordingLO; October 23rd, 2012 at 03:03 PM..
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #2
frumaroll

maybe when u dynoed it was colder? he should get more power from the aem v2 and the greddy setup right?
six6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #3
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by six6 View Post
maybe when u dynoed it was colder? he should get more power from the aem v2 and the greddy setup right?
nope it was colder when my friend dynoed and the humidity was lower. I attribute this to the 3 inch exhaust out to 2.5inch it is by far the best exhaust i have ever had and yielded the most power. I have done every combo...unbolted stock muffler....2.5 inch single....straight pipes...etc.. this setup has by far given me the best result i beat my buddy by 3 cars and he is a better driver than me...weve done races from low mph in fourth gear jus to eliminate the shifting factor and i still pull the only difference is i weigh almost 200lbs lighter than him. Please continue with the questions i am willing to share ne knowledge i can

Old July 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #4

How much was this dyno run? I have a grandmother that lives around there. And never heard of that shop.
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #5

Wow, sick numbers man! I'm a little confused though..3" exhaust and 2.5" dual pipes from the Jpipe back? Do you mean Ypipe back? The Ypipe is the where the piping splits into the dual mufflers. Damn, that's with the stock Jpipe too! Your next mod should be the ATLP V2 Jpipe..you'd see over 250whp for sure, and a good jump in torque throughout the powerband. That 3" exhaust must make good power..and torque seems to be good too!

Did you notice any loss in low end with the 3" exhaust and PC deletes?

Last edited by Sonnick; July 26th, 2009 at 12:34 PM..
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #6
frumaroll

can u just be a lil clear on what type of exhaust you have. and the piping sizes, im just a tad confused.

btw just for the hell of it, right now i have single exhaust no resonator no pre muffler stock piping right now.
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #7
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Wow, sick numbers man! I'm a little confused though..3" exhaust and 2.5" dual pipes from the Jpipe back? Do you mean Ypipe back? The Ypipe is the where the piping splits into the dual mufflers. Damn, that's with the stock Jpipe too! Your next mod should be the ATLP V2 Jpipe..you'd see over 250whp for sure, and a good jump in torque throughout the powerband. That 3" exhaust must make good power..and torque seems to be good too!

Did you notice any loss in low end with the 3" exhaust and PC deletes?
No torque loss at all trust me when i tell u its responsive from 2000 rpms up.....i will post pics up of the exhaust setup but my 3 inch section starts at the factory j-pipe(Right at the firewall) then turns into dual 2.5 inch exits (right at the rear sway bar).. hope this helps as for changing to anothr j-pipe i am not convinced because this is the second time ive seen dyno and street proven numbers with an OEM j-pipe the first time being with my friend...and these are bone stock internally/externally j30a4 motors
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #8
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel72 View Post
How much was this dyno run? I have a grandmother that lives around there. And never heard of that shop.
i paid 50 buks for 3 pulls...and last time i cheked he only charges 70 buks per hour for tuning
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #9

Awesome. Just as a heads up, the aftermarket Jpipes will undoubtedly increase power by a good amount. I wouldn't be surprised if you were closer to 255whp/216ish wtq (with much more usable torque than you already have), especially after the exhaust/precat deletes. The OEM Jpipe is a big bottleneck, especially if you have the 3" exhaust..but to each his own. Those are some great numbers. So 3" may be the way to go..
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #10
TrakCord

you can get a pretty good idea of where the 3 inch starts in this pic...you can see i had them make a provision so i can add the small 3rd cat if i ever get tired of the catless smell..but its not bad at all rite now
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #11
TrakCord

sorry for the big pics but here are a couple shots of the rest of the exhaust and yes i do have 4 mufflers lol

Old July 26th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #12

Looks good man, very nice. But umm...where the F is the sound clip? Lol. With all those resos/mufflers it doesn't look like it will be that loud. Nice job.

If you don't take it from me, take it from the 100+ happy Jpipe customers..do it, it's one of the most important parts of our exhaust.
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #13
TrakCord

Quote:
Looks good man, very nice. But umm...where the F is the sound clip? Lol. With all those resos/mufflers it doesn't look like it will be that loud. Nice job.

If you don't take it from me, take it from the 100+ happy Jpipe customers..do it, it's one of the most important parts of our exhaust.
it is very deep down low and drones a bit more than one would like but you can get a good idea of the sound in the dyno vid..and i guess ill jus let someone with one of the j-pipes copy my exhaust setup and well compare dynos etc..
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
it is very deep down low and drones a bit more than one would like but you can get a good idea of the sound in the dyno vid..and i guess ill jus let someone with one of the j-pipes copy my exhaust setup and well compare dynos etc..
True. I get what you're saying you already have good numbers why change but in EVERY instance the Jpipes increased power throughout the powerband. It also helps with the drone. Just trying to help that's all, sorry if I'm coming off strong. It's good to see fellow Accords making good power!
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #15
resident noob

nice numbers...

but how do you pass emmissions testing with pre cat deletes and no third cat?
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #16
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Nice numbers! But as people like Sonnick have said, get yourself an AEM V2 and a Jpipe and you will be that much happier!
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #17
TrakCord

Quote:
True. I get what you're saying you already have good numbers why change but in EVERY instance the Jpipes increased power throughout the powerband. It also helps with the drone. Just trying to help that's all, sorry if I'm coming off strong. It's good to see fellow Accords making good power!
no need to apologise i understand your tryin to help but thats the purpose of these kinds of forums to discuss and get input from everyone which is greatly appreciated...it just seems like everyone is waiting on the next guy to give them answers and for whatever reason do not want to try something out themselves...i have tried dynoed bought and sold many parts that i thought would give me power and didnt... and all i have found is that you DO NOT MESS WITH WHAT HONDA HAS BUILT!! with the exception of removing the cats and letting the motor breathe lol...
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #18
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
Nice numbers! But as people like Sonnick have said, get yourself an AEM V2 and a Jpipe and you will be that much happier!
i understand his position.. i am partially convinced that the cold air will yield gains but i feel they maybe minimal and the risk money and gains dont seem worth it to me... however i did find out that heat soak is a b***h in these motors and i am going to tackle that soon..
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #19

Quote:
no need to apologise i understand your tryin to help but thats the purpose of these kinds of forums to discuss and get input from everyone which is greatly appreciated...it just seems like everyone is waiting on the next guy to give them answers and for whatever reason do not want to try something out themselves...i have tried dynoed bought and sold many parts that i thought would give me power and didnt... and all i have found is that you DO NOT MESS WITH WHAT HONDA HAS BUILT!! with the exception of removing the cats and letting the motor breathe lol...
I understand. That's good to know you have tried many different parts through trial and error mixed & matched what you thought worked best. Obviously it has come thru putting down those numbers, especially with just the mods listed.

OEM parts are always good quality, that's for sure. I agree with you that forums are a place for discussion/opinions, which is why I keep restating the Jpipe option lol. One thing I will say is that the aftermarket Jpipe has been PROVEN to yield gains across the band on numerous different cars/dynos, which is the only reason why I am recommending it. An AZine member (5AT TL-s) dynod I believe 12whp/8wtq from the ATLP Jpipe addition after the exhaust.. If you look at the OEM pipe, it is "crunched" in many spots and is not optimally flowing like the ATLP. Second, it's bottlenecking your 3" exhaust!!

Do you remember your other dynos and what mods you had at those times? And just an attempt, do you have any in-car speedo shots?

If I'm ever in FT. Lauderdale with my car I'll hit you and your boy up for a friendly run lol.
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #20
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
i understand his position.. i am partially convinced that the cold air will yield gains but i feel they maybe minimal and the risk money and gains dont seem worth it to me... however i did find out that heat soak is a b***h in these motors and i am going to tackle that soon..
Even if the CAI doesn't yield huge gains, its gonna help with consistency of power delivery. As you pointed out, heat soak and bogging are just a fact of life with stock setup, even if the snorkle is somewhat pulling in cold air. I don't see any inherent risk except for hydrolocking and honestly...you'd have to drive through a lake to hydrolock and in that situation as I've said many time before, if you go through it, you'll probably have more to worry about than hydrolocking (like getting swept away with the current).

About the jpipe - sonnick said it right. I understand open discussion and its cool as hell that you're open minded, but it is PROVEN that an aftermarket jpipe will yield you gains. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it lol. You have a huge bottleneck right there with your setup and you'll notice an immediate change if you go aftermarket, whichever one you go with.
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #21
TrakCord

Quote:
I understand. That's good to know you have tried many different parts through trial and error mixed & matched what you thought worked best. Obviously it has come thru putting down those numbers, especially with just the mods listed.

OEM parts are always good quality, that's for sure. I agree with you that forums are a place for discussion/opinions, which is why I keep restating the Jpipe option lol. One thing I will say is that the aftermarket Jpipe has been PROVEN to yield gains across the band on numerous different cars/dynos, which is the only reason why I am recommending it. An AZine member (5AT TL-s) dynod I believe 12whp/8wtq from the ATLP Jpipe addition after the exhaust.. If you look at the OEM pipe, it is "crunched" in many spots and is not optimally flowing like the ATLP. Second, it's bottlenecking your 3" exhaust!!

Do you remember your other dynos and what mods you had at those times? And just an attempt, do you have any in-car speedo shots?

If I'm ever in FT. Lauderdale with my car I'll hit you and your boy up for a friendly run lol.
without a doubt you can hit me up ne time lols...but my point exactly is portrayed here you are refering to a member on azine but dont forget they use 3.2L engines with 11.0:1 compression ratio so there gains are gonna be significantly more..there powerband has got to be more abrupt with that compression ratio and the increase in torque from the .2L...also my position is the OEM j-pipe is creating velocity and preventing reversion of the exhaust gases because of the tight spaces....i would definitely be interested in seeing that azine or any other members dyno comparing the stock j pipe to any of the others..preferably with the j30 motor
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #22
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
Even if the CAI doesn't yield huge gains, its gonna help with consistency of power delivery. As you pointed out, heat soak and bogging are just a fact of life with stock setup, even if the snorkle is somewhat pulling in cold air. I don't see any inherent risk except for hydrolocking and honestly...you'd have to drive through a lake to hydrolock and in that situation as I've said many time before, if you go through it, you'll probably have more to worry about than hydrolocking (like getting swept away with the current).

About the jpipe - sonnick said it right. I understand open discussion and its cool as hell that you're open minded, but it is PROVEN that an aftermarket jpipe will yield you gains. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it lol. You have a huge bottleneck right there with your setup and you'll notice an immediate change if you go aftermarket, whichever one you go with.
well i may do anothr dyno with my buddies AEM V2 just to compare but i dont have any j-pipes to reference rite now so i will have to wait and see if anyone duplicates my setup with either an ATLP j-pipe or richies...i am also curious to find out where you guys got this bottleneck information from?
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #23

You are right about the higher displacement and compression, and that their gains will be more indeed. However, what I'm trying to say is that no matter what you WILL see gains, it's been proven. An auto J30 saw 5whp/8wtq or so with the addition of the RV6 Jpipe to an aftermarket exhaust. I think that dyno is under the Jpipe thread..he also has a dyno of his PC deletes/Jpipe/test pipe and Tanabe exhaust, however I do not consider it conclusive because it uses 2 different 6MTs on 2 different dynos, on different days, etc.

The "bottlenecking" we are referring to is that you have a very free-flowing exhaust, especially with the 3" piping. From the Precats, using 2.25" primaries flows much better than the oval canisters from the factory (and of course, catless helps lol). After this, you go directly into a not-so-free-flowing OEM Jpipe which looks crimped and crunched like Captain Crunch Berries, which slows down the velocity Wrong(I'm not an automotive engineer, but this is how I understand it). You then flow into the 3" piping which is much bigger than the OEM Jpipe. With an aftermarket Jpipe, the exhaust velocity will be greater with the equal length primaries and 2.5" collector, hence increasing torque and hp.

Think of bottlenecking as a 2 liter soda bottle. The middle portion is big and the spout is small, so when you try to pour it all out, it spits out in "sections" for lack of a better word, because it can only pour out so much liquid as once given the size of the spout. But if the spout were bigger, the liquid would flow out faster. I hope I'm making sense lol.

EDIT- I just read a little bit about bottlenecking and whatnot, and going from a larger diameter pipe to smaller will increase velocity, yet decrease the pressure. The pressure must be greater in the larger piping, in order to speed up the velocity thru the smaller diameter piping. I got a little confused, so don't flame me if I'm wrong Lol. Also, they pointed out we must remember exhaust "pulses," it is not direct flow.

Last edited by Sonnick; July 26th, 2009 at 05:40 PM..
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #24
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Great numbers, but I'd rather keep my pre-cats and save the environment and make 10whp less.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #25
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
well i may do anothr dyno with my buddies AEM V2 just to compare but i dont have any j-pipes to reference rite now so i will have to wait and see if anyone duplicates my setup with either an ATLP j-pipe or richies...i am also curious to find out where you guys got this bottleneck information from?
We can discuss semantics all day long, or we can look at dynos and track times I guess. I put more credence in the latter personally to prove if something is worth buying or not.

Note: accurate dynos (meaning same car, similar conditions, correct mathematics used, etc...)
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #26
frumaroll

wouldnt u get more power if ur setup was just a single exhaust?

and where did you get your piping by the way? and why so many mufflers?

sorry for the questions, ive been messing around with my exhaust too, i wanna dyno my car and see if my numbers come close to yours with just a single exhaust, but its stock piping size and stock j pipe but i have aem v2, and only 1 muffler.
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #27

Quote:

sorry for the questions, ive been messing around with my exhaust too, i wanna dyno my car and see if my numbers come close to yours with just a single exhaust, but its stock piping size and stock j pipe but i have aem v2, and only 1 muffler.
Nah, he would make a good 15whp more than you. He has the PC deletes along with a 3" exhaust. With the stock piping, taking out the reso/mid-muffler will free up maybe 2hp. The AEM V2 yields some power, maybe 5-6whp? I'm not sure. The 3" exhaust really seemed to open up the power mixed with the PC deletes.
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #28
TrakCord

Quote:

i can give you a short answer in that single exhaust can be better for top end but at the expense of low end...how ever i think it really depends on your supporting mods...i just think of it this way...y did honda give the v6 dual exhaust??? Just to look pretty?? no i dont think so there has to be a reason and i think because honda engines lack torque and giving the exhaust a longer area to flow through creates better torque because the exhaust velocity stays high and hp numbers stay high because of this same factor..it is different with a smaller single exit becuz i think it contradicts what honda was trying to acheive... again this is my opinion.....
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #29
TrakCord

Quote:
You are right about the higher displacement and compression, and that their gains will be more indeed. However, what I'm trying to say is that no matter what you WILL see gains, it's been proven. An auto J30 saw 5whp/8wtq or so with the addition of the RV6 Jpipe to an aftermarket exhaust. I think that dyno is under the Jpipe thread..he also has a dyno of his PC deletes/Jpipe/test pipe and Tanabe exhaust, however I do not consider it conclusive because it uses 2 different 6MTs on 2 different dynos, on different days, etc.

The "bottlenecking" we are referring to is that you have a very free-flowing exhaust, especially with the 3" piping. From the Precats, using 2.25" primaries flows much better than the oval canisters from the factory (and of course, catless helps lol). After this, you go directly into a not-so-free-flowing OEM Jpipe which looks crimped and crunched like Captain Crunch Berries, which slows down the velocity Wrong(I'm not an automotive engineer, but this is how I understand it). You then flow into the 3" piping which is much bigger than the OEM Jpipe. With an aftermarket Jpipe, the exhaust velocity will be greater with the equal length primaries and 2.5" collector, hence increasing torque and hp.

Think of bottlenecking as a 2 liter soda bottle. The middle portion is big and the spout is small, so when you try to pour it all out, it spits out in "sections" for lack of a better word, because it can only pour out so much liquid as once given the size of the spout. But if the spout were bigger, the liquid would flow out faster. I hope I'm making sense lol.

EDIT- I just read a little bit about bottlenecking and whatnot, and going from a larger diameter pipe to smaller will increase velocity, yet decrease the pressure. The pressure must be greater in the larger piping, in order to speed up the velocity thru the smaller diameter piping. I got a little confused, so don't flame me if I'm wrong Lol. Also, they pointed out we must remember exhaust "pulses," it is not direct flow.
I can kinda see where you are going with the bottle necking factor however let me give you an example with the two liter soda bottle...its not the same when you have an air lock behind the flow of water becuz its trying to pull air from the same place its letting the water flow out...

My example of the soda bottle would be imagine you cut the bottom off (big end) and blow the liquid out through the small end (top where the cap screws on)...that liquid is gonna fly out at an incredible rate (velocity) because there is alot of pressure behind it (your blow) going through a small space...now imagine you cut that small hole and make it as big as the bottom (big end) now try blowing through it...yea a bigger volume came out but a a very slow rate...imagine the precats to be your blowing and the OEM j pipe with its tight crush bends to be the 2 liter soda bottle....this is my argument VELOCITY > GREATER THAN FLOW...obviously everything within reason you have to find the happy medium and i think the setup i hav portayed here is ideal because the stock j-pipe is creating a velocity like a mofo and the 3 inch to 2.5 inch dual exits satisfies the long tuned exhaust that honda originally intended so yes the diameter is big but the velocity stays constant because of the exhaust staying in the system longer... again i motivate anyone to join in our discussion these are my opinions based on what ive learned
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #30
frumaroll

Have you seen the stock piping for the dual? it makes no sense. Its just one pipe that has a | in the middle of it and then splits into 2,so the dual is clearly for show lol, sorry to break it to ya. Just like the s2k, it has dual exhausts, along with the tsx. Now im not saying your setup is for show , just the stock one is.

PS. Where did you get your piping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in