How Can I Eliminate Heat Soak? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM  

Question How Can I Eliminate Heat Soak?

I've heard you can get heat preventative gaskets like these ones from hondata http://www.hondata.com/heatshieldgasket.html to help prevent heat soak. Is there any other type of heat preventative gasket out there for different parts other than the intake manifold or anything else that would help?
lillankanprince is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM  

there is the hondata and p2r gasket and there is this wrap you put around your intake and headers from getting headsoak and insulate them
thisaznboi88 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM  

Outlaw Engineering has a kit which contains the gaskets for the throttle body and intake manifold. Just do a search for it there are pictures on the install around.
nadracer is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old July 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM  

I wonder if there are any drawbacks to wrapping the precats on our cars?

It does get mighty hot under the hoods indeed!
rajin929 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM  

The common issue with wraps is that they can collect moisture and hold it against metal parts causing them to corrode faster.

CATs on the other hand have a minimum operating temperature that should not be forced to run cooler or they won't do their job.
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM  

but doesn't wrapping the stuff keep the heat in?

I would think it doesn't make the cat run cooler, if anything it'll keep the heat in and make it run hotter = faster moving exhaust gases

then again, I know the OEM cats have deterioration issues - maybe wrapping them will compound this issue
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM  
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to 05AV6
Realize, all these measures only prolong how long heatsoak takes to occur, they will not prevent it, after a certain amount of time running and driving, the motor is going to get heatsoaked, it just may take a slight bit longer with the gaskets.
05AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM  

Mugen fan switch and thermostat
Stevo405 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM  

Fan Switch

Haven't gotten around to installing it since didn't find a matching valve yet. The mugen thermostat valve is like highway robbery.

Anybody have a part number and store for a matching valve, hint hint.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM  
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
if u want to avoid heatsoak, just drive.

the amount of airflow going into your car will almost completely negate all "hot air" that is sitting there...

but if u want to you can get outlaw gaskets for your IM and IM spacers...
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM  

hmmm more info on the mugen parts?

I assume the fan switch turns the fan on earlier? and the thermostat opens earlier too?
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM  
Supercharged 07AV6

Whats the fan switch benefits>? I know the thermostat operates at lower regulating temps, but the fan switch?
7thgencordcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM  

will the Hondata or P2R gaskets fit with aftermarket parts? I plan to get a Skunk2 intake manifold and 70mm throttle body for the K24. will it affect anything? And i will be doing my research on the mugen fan switch and see if i can find any that will fit our 7th gen K24's
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadracer View Post
Fan Switch

Haven't gotten around to installing it since didn't find a matching valve yet. The mugen thermostat valve is like highway robbery.

Anybody have a part number and store for a matching valve, hint hint.
I've done a little bit of research on these fan switches. They activate at 80 degrees rather than the stock 93 degrees This particular fan switch is for the H-series engines, Mugen does have a fan switch for the K24, but it is the Kk24a2 otherwise known as the TSX engine. I'm not 100% sure if this will fit out 7th gen accords, but I'm guessing it should since we fall under the K-series category. I want to know if anyone else has successfully done this mod.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillankanprince View Post
will the Hondata or P2R gaskets fit with aftermarket parts? I plan to get a Skunk2 intake manifold and 70mm throttle body for the K24. will it affect anything? And i will be doing my research on the mugen fan switch and see if i can find any that will fit our 7th gen K24's
You need to get it cut to size. as for the intake manifold y skunk2? if you have a k24 you should know it would be of no use unless you can rev pass 7k, and you will lose a lot of low end tq since those are designed for top end power. The 70mm tb is way over kill unless you have head work done. You will see like 1-2 hp gain for something that cost 400 bucks. If you have a k24 and need the gasket I know someone and can get you all 3. The injector base to the block, injoector base to the intake manifold and intake manifold to the tb. That should minimize 90% of all the heat soak when you put the pedal down you should receive air around ambient temperature. So if its like 50*F outside and you smash it you will take in 50*F air +- 10*F since the coolent line in the Tb heats up the air.

Also the gasket only work when you are at high rpm. The stuff will not give you power at low rpm for DD.

as for the wrap they are right it will hold moisture. You are better off having everything ceramic coated.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM  
Chemik

good stuff kenneth
Sir Chemik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in