Airbag Recall. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #1

Airbag Recall.

I have a 2004 Accord J30A4 6MT. I was watching the news the other day and say a recall for our airbags. Just throwing that out there. You may want to check with your local Honda dealership. I plan on stopping in within the next few days. Also, my headunit went out. It works but the display no longer works. There is also a recall for these as well. I hope this helps out.
rckclimber31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #2
I no Nintendo

double post
gizmo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #3

i put it in a few places so everyone would see it.

Old August 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #4
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Whats with the Honda Airbag recalls? Can they only make good engines and thats it?... lol jus playin.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #5
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
dude 1st off there is no need to double post...2nd there are like 5 other threads about the same recall....search!!

I was about to post it too but I didnt, you know why? I searched first...

ohh and there is a thread for the head unit going bad too.....sigh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
Whats with the Honda Airbag recalls? Can they only make good engines and thats it?... lol jus playin.
honda doesnt make airbags....
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM   #6

Easy Nittanys. It's JUST a forum. Sorry if I ruined your day. lol. Please do us all a favor and get over it. I would consider whining on a thread to be a little more ridiculous than double posting
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:59 PM   #7
original member!

ok whatever you say noob....but this has been posted over 4 times...search next time and do us all a favor!
Old September 1st, 2009, 02:38 AM   #8

what year?
nicepeta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM   #9

NOOB! oh no! i'm devastated! hahaha

Nicepeta, to get back to what's actually important in forums...answers. I know that 2004 accords qualify. I only looked into the year of my car.
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to drzchulo147
this is actually the first time i see something about airbag recalls.. thanks rckclimber
drzchulo147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM   #11
original member!

a lot of helpful info you gave there.....

Airbag recall info, there are a few years and gens listed in the recall:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1
DETROIT (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor Co. (news - web sites) Ltd. (7267.T) is recalling 257,616 of its Accord sedans from the 2004 and 2005 model years because of potentially faulty air bags, U.S. federal safety regulators said on Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2
81,000 Accords recalled for air bag sensor
Honda says device in '04-'05 sedans was incorrectly installed
The Associated Press
Updated: 3:44 p.m. ET Jan 17, 2007

WASHINGTON - Honda Motor Co. is recalling 81,000 of its 2004-2005 Accord sedans because of issues that could cause an air bag-related sensor to fail, the company said Wednesday.

Honda said in a Jan. 9 letter to the government that the wiring harness for the seat position sensor, which detects the driver's seating position and adjusts the air bag inflation pressure accordingly, was attached in the wrong location and may have been overtightened.

Honda said the sensor wire could break and cause the air bag warning light to be illuminated and prevent the sensor from working properly. When the sensor fails, the air bag system automatically moves to full inflation pressure, which could increase the risk of injury for smaller drivers in a frontal crash, the Japanese automaker said.

Honda spokesman Chris Naughton said the company was not aware of any injuries or incidents connected to the recall.

The recall is expected to begin in early February, and dealers will replace the seat position sensor wiring subharness, Honda said.

Owners can contact Honda at (800) 999-1009.
2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3
Honda recalls an additional 440,000 vehicles over airbags

* By Catherine Clifford, CNNMoney.com staff writer
* On Friday July 31, 2009, 6:11 pm EDT

o
Buzz up! 92
o Print

Honda Motor Co. said Friday it widened a previously announced recall to add 440,000 cars that could have a lethal airbag defect.

Affected models include the 2001-2002 Honda Accord, 2001 Civic and 2002-2003 Acura TL.

The potential defect has caused 6 known injuries and one known death, according to Honda spokesman Chris Naughton.

The recall will require the driver's side steering-wheel-mounted airbag inflator to be replaced.

In some cars, the airbag inflators may over-pressurize the inflator mechanism as the airbag is deploying, which could cause the inflator casing to rupture, according to Honda. As a result the carmaker said, "Metal fragments could pass through the cloth airbag cushion material, possibly causing an injury or fatality to vehicle occupants."

Registered owners of the vehicles in question will receive a recall notice in the mail in the next few months to schedule a repair. Honda said the owners of cars most likely to have a problem will be contacted first.

In the meantime, Honda owners can log onto the Web site www.owners.honda.com/recalls and click on the "Owner Link" to get a status of their recall. Acura owners should go to www.owners.acura.com/recalls and click on the "My Acura" link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Recall Alert: 2001 Honda Accord, Civic

Posted: Jul. 21, 2009 11:07 a.m.

Honda has issued a recall notice for 2001 Honda Accord and Civic coupes and sedans in order to correct an airbag defect.

In a defect notice filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Honda explains, "In certain vehicles, the driver's airbag inflator could produce excessive internal pressure. If an affected airbag deploys, the increased internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture. Metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, possibly causing injury to vehicle occupants."

Honda dealers will replace the airbag inflator in affected vehicles, free of charge. Some 2001 Accord and Civic models were recalled over this issue last year - but Honda has recently determined that the problem affects more vehicles than originally believed. Dealers will contact owners through the mail, but Honda has not yet provided a notification schedule. Those who wish to make early repair arrangements may contact Honda at (800) 999-1009.

If you're in the market for a new car, check out the U.S. News rankings of this year's best cars as well as this month's best car deals.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...=airbag+recall

Old September 1st, 2009, 08:56 AM   #12
original member!

the best way to find out if your included in the recall to sign up at honda's owner link and just to be safe take it to the dealership. They may just check the same system you looked at, better safe then sorry tho...

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login....Fprod_home.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in