Supercharger for my V6 03 Accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #1
1Sick03Accord

Supercharger for my V6 03 Accord

Whats up guys new to the 7th gen accord model. Just wondering where i can get a supercharger kit for my car or does it have to be done customly.

Let me know

matt
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #2
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

There is the comptech kit avalible, but your AT ain't going to like it....
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Metalball

Send a message via AIM to metalball
Learn the search button... Recommend looking up NVA-AV6 (username). He has a custom project for this right now.
metalball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #4

Just buy a fast car.
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
why is this kit bad for an automatic?
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #6
07' V6 Auto Sedan

Send a message via AIM to dnlgao Send a message via MSN to dnlgao
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakandbefree View Post
why is this kit bad for an automatic?
The power is going to shred your tranny. Again. SEARCH.
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #7
03 AV6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick98accord View Post
Whats up guys new to the 7th gen accord model. Just wondering where i can get a supercharger kit for my car or does it have to be done customly.

Let me know

matt
it would be better to do a 6MT swap and probobly much cheaper!

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
UR Pulley
Richie's V3 J-Pipe
J35 Magnesium IM
MDX IM Spacer
P2R Thermal Gaskets
TB Coolant Bypass
Innovative 60A Mounts
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit
TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Strut Bar
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #8
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgao View Post
The power is going to shred your tranny. Again. SEARCH.
LOL. I love how people make these assumptions based off other people's assumptions. I'm automatic and supercharged. I drive 60+ miles a day, 100k+ miles on the tranny and 50k+ of those with the supercharger, on my 2nd motor, and still my original AT.

Matt, your automatic will be fine as long as you add an oil cooler and change your AT oil about every 30k miles.
SleekAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #9
07' V6 Auto Sedan

Send a message via AIM to dnlgao Send a message via MSN to dnlgao
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleekAV6 View Post
LOL. I love how people make these assumptions based off other people's assumptions. I'm automatic and supercharged. I drive 60+ miles a day, 100k+ miles on the tranny and 50k+ of those with the supercharger, on my 2nd motor, and still my original AT.

Matt, your automatic will be fine as long as you add an oil cooler and change your AT oil about every 30k miles.
Great!.

Numbers?
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #10

Quote:

How much your superchager cost you?
Mukman22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #11
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgao View Post
Great!.

Numbers?
Haven't dyno-ed in years. Last untuned dyno was about 285whp I believe. This was before I redid my intake and entire exhaust and additional tuning. Estimate about 300-310whp now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukman22
How much your superchager cost you?
$3000 off Ebay for 1k miles used. I got a good deal.
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #12
03 AV6 Coupe

Quote:

Your tranny is the exception. Many people as you know in stock condition are having tranny issues. The tranny shredding assumsion is a pretty valid assumsion only due to hondas reliablitity with transmissions. I am glad though that you have had good luck and obviously you don't abuse your car!

BTW I change my fluid every 15k now just to be on the safe side.

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
UR Pulley
Richie's V3 J-Pipe
J35 Magnesium IM
MDX IM Spacer
P2R Thermal Gaskets
TB Coolant Bypass
Innovative 60A Mounts
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit
TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Strut Bar
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #13

AEM V2 intake

How easy is it to install the V2 intake?
markwood622 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #14
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav6 View Post
Your tranny is the exception. Many people as you know in stock condition are having tranny issues. The tranny shredding assumsion is a pretty valid assumsion only due to hondas reliablitity with transmissions. I am glad though that you have had good luck and obviously you don't abuse your car!

BTW I change my fluid every 15k now just to be on the safe side.

I would agree if we were talking about the 6th gen ATs, but with the 7th gen on the whole it's nowhere near as bad and are probably from the 03-04 years before the oil jet recall or late service for it. But you could say the same for the manual transmissions and the 3rd gear issues... anyway, the 7th gen AT will be fine as long as you add an adequate oil cooler and change your AT oil at least every 30k miles. But you paid for your own car, so it's up to you how you want to mod it, if you think your AT is the weak link, then forego the power adders and focus other aspects, I'm just giving my prespective from my experience.

As for abusing my car, that depends how you classify abuse, believe me, I still love hearing the SC whine after all these years and don't let open stretches of highway go unused But no I'm not a red light to red light WOT'er.
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #15
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwood622 View Post
How easy is it to install the V2 intake?

this is kinda important, i want to know too
SIRSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #16
King Aztec

Quote:

Kinda OT but my 04 V-6 sedan shifts harder somtimes (nearly 101K on the odo), mostly in 1-3 and if I let off the gas just as it upshifts.

?
Average is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #17
King Aztec

It probably is true that you should just invest in a faster, proper sport sedan or something. A 540i, M5, E55, M45 ... something of that caliber. Used prices aren't bad, but beware of German repair and maintenance costs.
Average is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
Just buy a fast car.
Ditto. I though long and hard about supercharging my AV6 6speed but in the end I couldn't justify spending $5000+ for the tuning, engine, and tranny uprgrades. I ended up putting the money toward a Benz E55 Renntech Stage 6 with 620hp/650tq. The accord has been been great over the the past 5 years and I plan to keep it for a long while.
hollandca12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #19
Snap crackle pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSIG View Post
this is kinda important, i want to know too

If you guys have to ask that question then you're not ready for a SC. The V2 was involved but easy for me. Deciding to remove the left fog light for a greater ram air effect was the big headache.

Mod's: V2, EVO2 Exhaust, 17MM rear anti-sway bar, Infinity Reference speakers, Monster ball, Xcarlink MP3 player, 20% tint.
El_Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick98accord View Post

Let me know

matt
Just get the nitrous kit, only $500 and easy to install by yourself. Most of your normal driving wouldn't need a supercharger. Only a few times on road that you will get hit-up by a Civic, smoke time baby!. Time for a little nitrous just with a flip of a button...zooooooooooooom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Latest car news and reviews...
Maximusprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #21
The name is Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximusprime View Post
Just get the nitrous kit, only $500 and easy to install by yourself. Most of your normal driving wouldn't need a supercharger. Only a few times on road that you will get hit-up by a Civic, smoke time baby!. Time for a little nitrous just with a flip of a button...zooooooooooooom.
That's just great. Promoting street racing now? Fail.

Back OT, like Paul said the Comptech kit is out there or you can have Paul set you up with one of his kits. I'm not sure how prevalent the Comptech kits are these days, but its a plug and play sort of deal. They do advise getting a tune soon after install since the basemap provided doesn't account for everything. Thien has a CT kit on his AT and speaks highly of it, though I suspect he's itching for one of Paul's M90s.

CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #22
Super Villain

Send a message via AIM to 7thGenVillain
Haha, I'm not really itching for the Paul's M90. I'm just going to port the IM and lower runners, and add some RDX injectors and call it a day. Its my daily driver, and I will just leave it at that. No more spending money on the Accord. I need to invest in other things.
7thGenVillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
The Comptech only boosts 50 hp, it is not gonna shred the transmission. The problem exists with the Honda transmission itself. There was a recall for the 7th Gen Honda accord for the transmission. Not enough oil was squirted into the second, which caused the second gear to burn out prematurely. Fix the recall, and the Comptech supercharger kit should be fine.

Old October 18th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
That's just great. Promoting street racing now? Fail.

Back OT, like Paul said the Comptech kit is out there or you can have Paul set you up with one of his kits. I'm not sure how prevalent the Comptech kits are these days, but its a plug and play sort of deal. They do advise getting a tune soon after install since the basemap provided doesn't account for everything. Thien has a CT kit on his AT and speaks highly of it, though I suspect he's itching for one of Paul's M90s.
How is it failed? Car modification was born from the streets. You sir are really failed , too much TV and propaganda for you (u got washed).

Last edited by Maximusprime; October 20th, 2009 at 10:37 PM..
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #25

ya street racing ftw. speed kills, acceleration's ok tho... i mean why are we all doing this anyway? for the track? not me... any btw you can get like 70whp from the comptech kit as long as you tune and upgrade intake and exhaust. its a serious undertaking tho
ahhhz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #26
The name is Z

Quote:
How is it fail? Car modifications were born from the streets. You sir are really fail , too much TV and propaganda for you (u got washed).
Think what you want guy. I've been there and done that and watched good friends get locked up and cause stupid ass accidents. As for how its fail, its because of dumb ass kids like yourself doing the stupid sh!t I've already stated and unfortunately have done that makes it fail. God help you if if I'm in your area and your bullsh!t street racing kills my kids. There's tracks for that. Yes it was born from the streets but there is also sanctioned events where its a controlled environment. If you want to get yourself killed, I could give a sh!t, but don't risk anyone else's life. Again, you f u c k i n g fail. I'm done here.

Old October 20th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #27
The name is Z

Quote:
The Comptech only boosts 50 hp, it is not gonna shred the transmission. The problem exists with the Honda transmission itself. There was a recall for the 7th Gen Honda accord for the transmission. Not enough oil was squirted into the second, which caused the second gear to burn out prematurely. Fix the recall, and the Comptech supercharger kit should be fine.
Are you seriously trying to school Paul on the Honda V6 trannies? Get a clue.

Old October 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
Think what you want guy. I've been there and done that and watched good friends get locked up and cause stupid ass accidents. As for how its fail, its because of dumb ass kids like yourself doing the stupid sh!t I've already stated and unfortunately have done that makes it fail. God help you if if I'm in your area and your bullsh!t street racing kills my kids. There's tracks for that. Yes it was born from the streets but there is also sanctioned events where its a controlled environment. If you want to get yourself killed, I could give a sh!t, but don't risk anyone else's life. Again, you f u c k i n g fail. I'm done here.
Get the fuk out of this forum man. You don't belong here. Don't come here and preaching your ****z. Just doesn't mean your kid died, you try to drag everyone down. Hell, my brother died of eating too much fat, do you hear me go out preach on your asz? And since when do you give a shiz about anyone else that I know of?

Last edited by Maximusprime; October 20th, 2009 at 10:54 PM..
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #29
Bobby Lane Racing

wow this thread has alot of anger in it.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:01 AM   #30
I no Nintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
wow this thread has alot of anger in it.
2nd that man! most of the new ppl seem to be angry
gizmo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in