injectors - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:24 PM   #1

injectors

does anyone no what cc 04 3.2 tl injectors are bc 08 3.5 type s injectors have a diff part number but the type s injectors part number are the same as the 07 3.7 mdx part numbers. the 09 tl also have the same part number as the 08 type s which makes them the same as the 07 mdx to. the 05 rl injectors are diff than all also. so if the type s motor and mdx motor is bigger than they should have bigger injectors right or wrong. same as for the rl. so which injectors would be best type s, mdx, or rl thanks

Last edited by JS_MUGEN_TL; October 21st, 2009 at 09:25 PM..
JS_MUGEN_TL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM   #2

i no that the type s cams will work in are cars but does anyone no if the rl cams will work. they have a diff part number than the type s cams and wat about the mdx cams to.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM   #3

i guess people on here don't no as much as i thought. no one can come up with anything not even a thought come on.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
take the time to type coherently...
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Accord_J30a Send a message via Yahoo to Accord_J30a
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_MUGEN_TL View Post
does anyone no what cc 04 3.2 tl injectors are bc 08 3.5 type s injectors have a diff part number but the type s injectors part number are the same as the 07 3.7 mdx part numbers. the 09 tl also have the same part number as the 08 type s which makes them the same as the 07 mdx to. the 05 rl injectors are diff than all also. so if the type s motor and mdx motor is bigger than they should have bigger injectors right or wrong. same as for the rl. so which injectors would be best type s, mdx, or rl thanks
Uh no idea what u just said there.
Accord_J30a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM   #6

maybe you guess just aren't on my level yet sorry i even brought it up i was just seeing if we could us type s injectors, mdx injectors, or rl injectors
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:06 PM   #7
-Maninder

Last edited by 1fastJ30A1; October 27th, 2009 at 10:51 PM..
1fastJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:52 PM   #8
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

I'll be honest. I have searched and can't find squat on fuel injector CC ratings for the motors you asked about.

However, perhaps someone could guide you in the right direction if you specify the reason for injector upgrade.

For example: what application are you going for? N/A, F/I? Cylinder head swap?
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to chiefy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM   #10

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=WHEEELMAN;1699682]I'll be honest. I have searched and can't find squat on fuel injector CC ratings for the motors you asked about.

However, perhaps someone could guide you in the right direction if you specify the reason for injector upgrade.

For example: what application are you going for? N/A, F/I? Cylinder head swap?[/QUO

yes someone as tried thanks for input n/a thow. trying to get more fuel in the car but i dont no if you got bigger injectors if it would dump more in their without getting a standalone.thanks thow
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy View Post
yea they just cracked the ecu for my car and i cant forge out 6k. but anyways were did you get your rad hoses from bc i searched high and low to get mine.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:52 PM   #12
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
3.2 = ~285cc
3.5/3.7 = ~320cc

I would recommend the RDX 410cc injectors if you're looking for additional fuel as it will give you alot more capacity to scale for future upgrades. IE: boost.
SleekAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM   #13

I couldn't find it, but in one of the build threads, Paul looked at the specs for the RL cams and can fit, but no one has spent the money to buy them. If I remember correctly, the specs for the RL and TL-s are similar, but the type are hollow.
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleekAV6 View Post
3.2 = ~285cc
3.5/3.7 = ~320cc

I would recommend the RDX 410cc injectors if you're looking for additional fuel as it will give you alot more capacity to scale for future upgrades. IE: boost.
now were did you find this at i have searched high and low link please. but thanks also
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel72 View Post
I couldn't find it, but in one of the build threads, Paul looked at the specs for the RL cams and can fit, but no one has spent the money to buy them. If I remember correctly, the specs for the RL and TL-s are similar, but the type are hollow.
so the rl cams will work in are car but they are not hollow like the type s so type s is the way to go then right, unless the mdx cams will work.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #16
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
now were did you find this at i have searched high and low link please. but thanks also
Sorry "you just aren't on my level yet"
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Hahahahaha, outstanding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #18

Quote:
very nice.... i like you.... how much
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #19

Really man were did you find this I need prof. How do I no that you didn't come up with these numbers. I'm not calling you out I just want to be sure man. Thanks
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #20
SC J32A3 Accord

Actually I did just come up with those numbers

But this is how I got them http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx Plug in your numbers.

I also called RC Engineering before to ask about actual flow tested rates for the Accord/TL injector and they told me 280cc which is about the ~285cc I came up with doing the calculations with 260hp(3.2) and with 295hp(3.5/3.7)~320cc.
I know it's not an exact science, but unless you get an answer directly from a Honda Engineer or send the injectors out to a company like RC Engineering to flow test them, this formula is pretty accurate.

Remember your ECU is also pretty versatile in adjusting for optimal operation so +/- 20cc/injector isn't a problem.

I would estimate the 3.5L+ injectors to be able to flow up to 340cc with the ECU adjusting for the different engine variants. Just like the 3rd gen TL/7th gen Accord sharing the same injectors for a 3.2 and 3.0 engine with different output levels.

Bottom line
3.5L+ up to 340cc
3.0/3.2L up to 295cc

Hope this helps.

Last edited by SleekAV6; October 26th, 2009 at 10:33 PM..
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Actually I did just come up with those numbers

But this is how I got them http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx Plug in your numbers.

I also called RC Engineering before to ask about actual flow tested rates for the Accord/TL injector and they told me 280cc which is about the ~285cc I came up with doing the calculations with 260hp(3.2) and with 295hp(3.5/3.7)~320cc.
I know it's not an exact science, but unless you get an answer directly from a Honda Engineer or send the injectors out to a company like RC Engineering to flow test them, this formula is pretty accurate.

Remember your ECU is also pretty versatile in adjusting for optimal operation so +/- 20cc/injector isn't a problem.

I would estimate the 3.5L+ injectors to be able to flow up to 340cc with the ECU adjusting for the different engine variants. Just like the 3rd gen TL/7th gen Accord sharing the same injectors for a 3.2 and 3.0 engine with different output levels.

Bottom line
3.5L+ up to 340cc
3.0/3.2L up to 295cc

Hope this helps.
thanks man usually i would expect a diff answer like go **** yourself or something along that nature but really man thanks. so do you think if i put 3.5 injectors in my car the computer will change everything or would i have to get a tl types computer.i can just wait until i get my aem fic then get the type s injectors right
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #22

i would just wait until your get your FIC installed.. But why dont you just get the RDX injectors if you are going for more cc? If you plan on going F/I anytime you will have more than enough room to adjust your fuel. But that may not be in your plans.
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo405 View Post
i would just wait until your get your FIC installed.. But why dont you just get the RDX injectors if you are going for more cc? If you plan on going F/I anytime you will have more than enough room to adjust your fuel. But that may not be in your plans.
im going for all motor car so should i still get the rdx injector or since im staying all motor just get the 3.5 injectors
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #24

I would say thats up to you. You do have to modify the clips that connect the injector to the harness on the RDX. Im not sure about the typeS.
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #25
SC J32A3 Accord

If you're going to get a fuel management system like the FIC, I would go with the RDX injectors. When I was looking for larger injectors, it was between RSX-S/S2000 and RDX injectors, I went with the RDX injectors because they were technical releases from Honda that discussed how the RDX injectors atomimized fuel better for a cleaner burn. This link isn't from Honda, but it reflects what I mean http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/a...injectors.html

RDX injectors in action, look at the fine mist pattern! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy8bZHugRA

These are the threads I followed to decide on the RDX injectors
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25840
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23027

Write up for 1 method of modifying RDX injectors for J3x engines. http://www.redline9.com/thread-3035.html
The method I went with is just chopping some of the plastic around the injector plugs and using the stock clips because I didnt want my engine harness spliced.

I still have a smooth idle with my RDX injectors and Emanage Blue pulling anywhere from 30 to 35% fuel.

If you're not going to install a fuel management, I wouldn't install either larger injectors because you will surely have bogging and idle issues.
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #26
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

actually, the size of the accord/TL injectors are 270cc.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM   #27
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
The formula doesn't support that number.

240hp for Accord would require 262cc
260hp for TL would require 285cc

But they share the same injectors.

Ofcourse the formula is not specific to Honda injectors or variations between manufacturers and 10cc isn't going to make a difference anyway.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #28

Quote:
If you're going to get a fuel management system like the FIC, I would go with the RDX injectors. When I was looking for larger injectors, it was between RSX-S/S2000 and RDX injectors, I went with the RDX injectors because they were technical releases from Honda that discussed how the RDX injectors atomimized fuel better for a cleaner burn. This link isn't from Honda, but it reflects what I mean http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/a...injectors.html

RDX injectors in action, look at the fine mist pattern! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy8bZHugRA

These are the threads I followed to decide on the RDX injectors
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25840
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23027

Write up for 1 method of modifying RDX injectors for J3x engines. http://www.redline9.com/thread-3035.html
The method I went with is just chopping some of the plastic around the injector plugs and using the stock clips because I didnt want my engine harness spliced.

I still have a smooth idle with my RDX injectors and Emanage Blue pulling anywhere from 30 to 35% fuel.

If you're not going to install a fuel management, I wouldn't install either larger injectors because you will surely have bogging and idle issues.

damn these mother ****ers are 195.00 each. that is crazzzzzy. so you have rdx injectors in your car with a e manage blue. did you get any more hp after tuning the car and you said you cut some off the plastic off do you have pic.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
were did you find your info thanks
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #30
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
damn these mother ****ers are 195.00 each. that is crazzzzzy. so you have rdx injectors in your car with a e manage blue. did you get any more hp after tuning the car and you said you cut some off the plastic off do you have pic.
They're about $38ea here.

No pictures, but you just need to remove enough material to allow your stock clips to fit, or get some Scion TC clips which are direct clip ons for the RDX injectors. I haven't taken it back for a dyno yet, I've only self tuned my car. Injectors by itself won't give you any additional HP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in