Tuning AEM FIC - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree17Likes

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM  
Registered User
 
drzchulo147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 517
Send a message via AIM to drzchulo147
Tuning AEM FIC

The AEM FIC (30-1910) has proven to be a successful engine management system for our 7th gens. I was wondering if the guys with it are tuning themselves or taking it to a shop? Please reply with the shop name and address if you can.
drzchulo147 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:36 AM  
J30 LSD
 
flylow2cre8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 796
This is a topic I would really be interested in following. I only know of one trusted tuner shop here in Marietta, Ga. Unfortunatly they do not specialize in the J series engines but how hard could it be?
flylow2cre8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM  
Carpe Diem
 
ikethegreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,955
You'll probably get a better answer posting this question in your regional section. A good shop halfway around the country isn't going to do you much good will it?
ikethegreat is offline   Quick reply to this message
 
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:38 AM  
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2cre8 View Post
This is a topic I would really be interested in following. I only know of one trusted tuner shop here in Marietta, Ga. Unfortunatly they do not specialize in the J series engines but how hard could it be?
Ehh, there are neuonces with every engine, for example, NA the J series makes best power at WOT with a 13.5-13.7AFR, most tunners would just shoot for 12.5AFR and call it a day leaving almost 20HP sitting there and chewing alot of extra fuel.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM  
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
 
mbr311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
Ehh, there are neuonces with every engine, for example, NA the J series makes best power at WOT with a 13.5-13.7AFR, most tunners would just shoot for 12.5AFR and call it a day leaving almost 20HP sitting there and chewing alot of extra fuel.
See this is what bugs me. I'd have to drive a thousand miles to get to you to do a tune for me, because no one would know that around here and would probably be offended if I challenged what they thought they knew. I hate, with the mods that I have, that I can't tune...it's like leaving 20hp sitting there. Sucks
mbr311 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2009, 04:49 AM  
J30 LSD
 
flylow2cre8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 796
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/1465809757.html
For anyone who may be interested in a "new" AEM Standalone for $950
flylow2cre8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM  
Registered User
 
drzchulo147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 517
Send a message via AIM to drzchulo147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
See this is what bugs me. I'd have to drive a thousand miles to get to you to do a tune for me, because no one would know that around here and would probably be offended if I challenged what they thought they knew. I hate, with the mods that I have, that I can't tune...it's like leaving 20hp sitting there. Sucks
I dont think paul tunes it? Im not sure though.
drzchulo147 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:10 PM  
Registered User
 
Maximusprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 77
Lol, I can recommend a shop here where I live but that would be too far away for ya. You need to fly in with your car.... If you are a car enthusiast, best to do is learn it. It is fun.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Latest car news and reviews...
Maximusprime is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:20 PM  
No More Boost
 
chemik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 257
Send a message via AIM to chemik
I just picked up the K24 AEM FIC boomslang harness from the OP , Ill post up my impressions of self tuning soon
chemik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM  
cunning linguist
 
MorePower4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: AZ --> IL
Posts: 984
Learn it yourself guys!

A good buddy of mine started tuning his own LS1 about 7-8 years ago when LS1Edit 1st came out. He just played around with the software and noted how hs performance changed in driving and on the dyno.

He is now on of THE LSX tuners in the western US, and gets flown all over the country to tune cars.

My point is that he just learned the system and practiced it. No special skills other that persistence...
__________________

-Brian-
04 6spd Coupe-> 10 4cyl Coupe-> 11 V6 Coupe
07 V6 Auto Sedan-> 10 CR-V
Mod'd Z06 - Sold for move
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MorePower4me is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM  
No More Boost
 
chemik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 257
Send a message via AIM to chemik
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower4me View Post
Learn it yourself guys!

A good buddy of mine started tuning his own LS1 about 7-8 years ago when LS1Edit 1st came out. He just played around with the software and noted how hs performance changed in driving and on the dyno.

He is now on of THE LSX tuners in the western US, and gets flown all over the country to tune cars.

My point is that he just learned the system and practiced it. No special skills other that persistence...
I wouldnt say you dont need special skills, sure persitence is good but thats what allows you to learn the special skills. Tuning itself IS a special skill thats acquired through persistence
There is math, theory and other mechanical and electrical concepts one must understand first before diving into tuning. Otherwise youre just entering values with the hopes you dont break something.

NA tuning is another thing as well, Its obviously more forgiving. Im starting off with turbo tuning and its been quite the journey. Luckily Ive had an expert teaching me all he knows. Hes been in the tuning industry for years and used to the primary teacher for E F I U NIVERSIT Y.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2003 Accord EXL K24A4 6spd Nighthawk Black Coupe
Back to stock
chemik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:53 AM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 244
Is the FIC a good solution for NA cars w bolt ons looking for more power? Seems like the only way to do an engine tune. How much different will the power curve look after a good tune?

thanks
recca is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:07 AM  
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
I will open up a few more HP NA, but with it lack timing advance (for now), it really won't be able to drastically add power.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Near Phiadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
I will open up a few more HP NA, but with it lack timing advance (for now), it really won't be able to drastically add power.
Paul are you saying you are trying to figure out a way to advance timing with the fic?
worldon1finger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM  
Registered User
 
Archangel72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Plantation, fl
Posts: 722
I don't think with the FIC, but I thought I remember reading something about him machining something else to advance timing.
Archangel72 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Near Phiadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,296
Yeah I remember Paul mentioning to me with the greedy ultimate advancing timing but not sure if he will ever get around to maching something for it. I hear the fic is much better than the rest for tuning for the price.
worldon1finger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:50 AM  
No More Boost
 
chemik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 257
Send a message via AIM to chemik
yep FIC can only pull timing and I dont know of anything else other than Hondata allowing timing advance.
chemik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:42 PM  
Registered User
 
turbomanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 38
Ok does someone know if the FI/C take care of the ECU memorey our ecu learn from us the way we drive and are alway trying to bring all the
spec in to range! will the FI/C fixs this my car runs great for 120
miles then starts acting out. i then unplug the power to the ECU
and back to good agian.
turbomanx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM  
I no Nintendo
 
gizmo2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: LA
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomanx View Post
Ok does someone know if the FI/C take care of the ECU memorey our ecu learn from us the way we drive and are alway trying to bring all the
spec in to range! will the FI/C fixs this my car runs great for 120
miles then starts acting out. i then unplug the power to the ECU
and back to good agian.
do you have a v6?
gizmo2003 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:48 PM  
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomanx View Post
Ok does someone know if the FI/C take care of the ECU memorey our ecu learn from us the way we drive and are alway trying to bring all the
spec in to range! will the FI/C fixs this my car runs great for 120
miles then starts acting out. i then unplug the power to the ECU
and back to good agian.
What ECU are you running???
__________________
How's that hope and change working for you???
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:20 PM  
Registered User
 
turbomanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 38
J30 with 7psi stock ecu with 1/1pr map block 52fuel psi. in my buggy
that i drive on the street all the time.
turbomanx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM  
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
What car is the ecu from????
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:16 PM  
got LSD J36TT??
 
tenzingsherpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The middle of nowhere, PA
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomanx View Post
J30 with 7psi stock ecu with 1/1pr map block 52fuel psi. in my buggy
that i drive on the street all the time.
dude u got a turbo j30 . do tell us how much hp u running man at 7 psi im assuming about 350-400hp???? and u put the accord engine in ur buggy?? damn civics now buggies that is awesome more aftermarket support hopefully then!!! hopefully hondata will see that the j engines are the future and makes us a standalone ecu.
__________________
LSD 6-SPEED,Forged & Sleeved J36 MOTOR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


(SNAILS ARE IN!!!, Smalser TWIN TURBO build UNDERWAY)

Like me at--->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
tenzingsherpa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:47 AM  
Registered User
 
drzchulo147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 517
Send a message via AIM to drzchulo147
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingsherpa View Post
dude u got a turbo j30 . do tell us how much hp u running man at 7 psi im assuming about 350-400hp???? and u put the accord engine in ur buggy?? damn civics now buggies that is awesome more aftermarket support hopefully then!!! hopefully hondata will see that the j engines are the future and makes us a standalone ecu.
I tried to open their eyes but honestly I doubt Hondata is going to do anything. I think they're happy with the success of K-pro and just want to stop there.

http://hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9661
__________________
Originally Posted by NonovUrbizniz

Well if you want to manually retard the timing then you just rotate the distributor towards the retard... IE You standing in front of the car.
drzchulo147 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:03 AM  
Registered User
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 8,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzchulo147 View Post
I tried to open their eyes but honestly I doubt Hondata is going to do anything. I think they're happy with the success of K-pro and just want to stop there.

http://hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9661
Just tell them that people are not swapping J series into there civic since K series cost way too much. The motor alone is 1000-3000. Which a J series is 500-1000 bucks.
__________________
~~FlashPro dyno-tuned by innovative-motorworks (383whp/313wtq @ 7.5 psi without boost controller)~~
~~FlashPro e-tuned by Domgsr-t (405whp/345+wtq) @ 8.5psi ~~ **currently running**
thisaznboi88 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:07 AM  
No More Boost
 
chemik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 257
Send a message via AIM to chemik
Theyll catch on soon enough
chemik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:08 AM  
got LSD J36TT??
 
tenzingsherpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The middle of nowhere, PA
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Just tell them that people are not swapping J series into there civic since K series cost way too much. The motor alone is 1000-3000. Which a J series is 500-1000 bucks.
very true my friend i saw j30 engine's for like 450 on ebay before. i'm pretty sure if we get enough interest maybe we can get hondata to change their mind. i mean we can probably round up support from acurazine because it would benifit them too so who would be interested in a standalone system?? lets see how much interest there is. i want to try to contact hondata again and see what they say!!!
__________________
LSD 6-SPEED,Forged & Sleeved J36 MOTOR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


(SNAILS ARE IN!!!, Smalser TWIN TURBO build UNDERWAY)

Like me at--->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
tenzingsherpa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:11 AM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Near Phiadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,296
I tried to contact Hondata many times and the J series ecu is just so hard to crack. They really wont budge or do anything unless someone puts money in their hands up front is what it sounds like and I cant see people just giving them money to start a prototype and not sure when they will finish it (if they do). They are also really leary on touching the j series for some reason.
worldon1finger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM  
got LSD J36TT??
 
tenzingsherpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The middle of nowhere, PA
Posts: 1,369
hmmm so how much money are we talking about??? hmm i mean i would be willing to split the cost, or pay for hondata to make me one? i will see what they say when i call them.
tenzingsherpa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:23 AM  
got LSD J36TT??
 
tenzingsherpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The middle of nowhere, PA
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldon1finger View Post
I tried to contact Hondata many times and the J series ecu is just so hard to crack. They really wont budge or do anything unless someone puts money in their hands up front is what it sounds like and I cant see people just giving them money to start a prototype and not sure when they will finish it (if they do). They are also really leary on touching the j series for some reason.
i wonder why??? i mean our ecu will be a breeze to make a ecu for compared to the 8th gen's accord with VCM? I guess like u said unless someone forks the money we won't have one.
__________________
LSD 6-SPEED,Forged & Sleeved J36 MOTOR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


(SNAILS ARE IN!!!, Smalser TWIN TURBO build UNDERWAY)

Like me at--->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
tenzingsherpa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On