0-60 times? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #1

0-60 times?

I thought I would start a list of 0-60s for our cars. Some order would be nice, ie:
Year:
Auto/Manual:
Sedan/Coupe:
Tires(psi):
DA: (found using http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php )
Mods:
Gas:
Weight: (how many people in the car, carrying around bricks in the trunk?)
Some proof: (picture of a gt1/vbox/video)

Here, I'll go first..

Year: 2005
Auto/Manual: Manual
Sedan/Coupe: Coupe
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza Grid G019 (30psi)
DA: -200ft
Mods: AEM V2, filled side engine mounts
Gas: 93 Sunoco
Weight: My friend & I plus ~20lbs of luggage=390lbs
Proof: Didn't get it on video, but here is a snapshot of the GT1 (looking to buy a Vbox). This was done in Eastern Ohio on a FLAT road. The elevation was around 200 ft and it was around 45F out.
ethanemc505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #2
J30 LSD

What gear were you in once your reached 60mph?
flylow2cre8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #3

2nd supposedly goes to 62 according to our gauges but redlining 2nd on my gps shows 60 even. On this run I did the full 8th but didn't get a screen shot of the time (low 9s). This really has taught me how much the DA and 60 ft effect your run. I normally live in 900-1000ft elevation and the best I could manage was a 5.62 solo in the car (did it 4 times to confirm). I may try to get a 0-100 on video

Old December 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #4
got LSD J36TT??

very nice!! my best times for my 03 v6 sedan AUTO IS 6.3 seconds, with all the bolt ons avaliable installed!! i mean i guess it is pretty good? but im anxious for my 04 tl tranny in my car!!! in 2 weeks my car will be a functional manual car!!! yay!!! i will then post my 0-60 times then!!! yay!! ps. im also have 225whp!!!
tenzingsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #5

6.3 seconds is a very respectable time for an auto sedan! What's your elevation and what temp was it? It can make a huge difference in traction + intake pressure. Low altitude around 55-60F seems optimal. The intake alone shaved off 0.3 seconds or so by 60 for me. I'm currently running on 87 BP. I will do some 0-100s when the tank is low then fill up with a few gallons on 93 sunoco and pull the battery for a bit. After a couple more runs (In the same location + similar conditions) I hope I can finally quantify the effects of 93 vs 87. I really need to get a stage 3 clutch and some High performace summer tired, these all seasons seem limited to a 2.25 60ft. I'm sure low 5s are possible with nice rubber, a perfect launch+ conditions with just an intake and maybe some weight reduction. Any one else have numbers?
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #6
got LSD J36TT??

yeah im located in PA so im not sure the elevation. however i do know that i have 19 inch wheels which may make my car quite heavy!! yeah i dropped my car's curb weight from 3360lbs to 2950lbs and now just need to get lighter wheels, racing seats and soon my car will be 2700lbs!!! im excited!!! check out my cardomain page i have my cars info there--------------> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3184891
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingsherpa View Post
yeah im located in PA so im not sure the elevation. however i do know that i have 19 inch wheels which may make my car quite heavy!! yeah i dropped my car's curb weight from 3360lbs to 2950lbs and now just need to get lighter wheels, racing seats and soon my car will be 2700lbs!!! im excited!!! check out my cardomain page i have my cars info there--------------> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3184891
Wow! Your way ahead of me in terms of mods and weight reduction! Passenger seat and rear weigh Almost 100 lbs!!?? That would really help in the 8th! Is yours an exl? If it is did you have to do anything special do the airbag didnt do something crazy? I've just heard horror stories...

Btw, <3 your car, especially the rims! Maybe buy a set of k1s or rpf1s to throw on there for track/ auto x days
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #8

I am having a very hard time with than 6 seconds, especially with a passenger and luggage.

Last edited by sirchadwick; December 27th, 2009 at 08:58 AM..
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #9

Ah, I've heard some airbag horror stories...curious to hear Tenzings' as well.
Vmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
I am having a very hard time with your with your post identifying less than 6 seconds, with a passenger and luggage.
Yes, I know. Honestly those numbers suprised me a bit too ( I sometimes question the accuracy of that thing) I took it to the track once to compare numbers and it seemed to vary +\- 0.1 seconds at the extremes. The little thing uses accelerometers to measure acceleration then integrates it over time to find speed. Car and driver actually helped test it but it's not a true vbox. I want to buy one but it's hard to find one cheap/ used so I can justify spending 300-500$ instead of buying pcd or a jpipe. I'll try to get a run on video and overlay a frame counter. The speedometer lag/error should be negligible at 0 and 60 mph.

Still want to take my seats out, preferably knowing that they won't explode in the process.
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #11
One slow Mazda

Hello All, not much of a frequent poster here @ V6P, but I thought I'd throw in my .02. EthanEMC505 is a friend of mine, I was the "passenger" when he was making his passes. I can tell you after comparing numbers between the "box" and track time slips, the biggest gap I've ever seen was .15 on the 1/4 E.T. (once ever) usually it's within .01-.03 of the track, so it's dead reliable. I can attest, Ethan can drive the **** out of his Accord too. Watching Him rip through the gears is borderline scary how quick He is. Hope this helps negate any future "flaming" or whatnot.
- Jake
Tripleskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Sorry if this has been asked but what kind of tires are you running to get that time? That is very difficult to believe to be honest with you that's pretty much WRX territory if I am correct and I know we cannot hole shot them.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #13
got LSD J36TT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanemc505 View Post
Wow! Your way ahead of me in terms of mods and weight reduction! Passenger seat and rear weigh Almost 100 lbs!!?? That would really help in the 8th! Is yours an exl? If it is did you have to do anything special do the airbag didnt do something crazy? I've just heard horror stories...

Btw, <3 your car, especially the rims! Maybe buy a set of k1s or rpf1s to throw on there for track/ auto x days
thanks for the generous compliment man. yeah so i really didn't do anything special when removing my front two seats. although i have heard horror stories also about the airbags. i just took out my battery, then removed the seats and undid the connectors. after i removed the seat(s) i then put my battery back in. no problems so far bud. yeah i need lightweight wheels. what are the lightest rims/wheel setup out there anyone know?

(SNAILS ARE IN!!!, Smalser TWIN TURBO build UNDERWAY)

Like me at--->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #14

Lightest wheels I could find were Kosei K1TS, and that is what I bought. But I got 17x7 since I don't plan on having much power and I have a 4 cyl. I think they are on average 1 lb lighter than RPF1s size for size.

I think the most significant weight savings can be had in the tires because in 17" the weights range from about 21 to 26 pounds for max/ultra summer tires.
Furple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked but what kind of tires are you running to get that time? That is very difficult to believe to be honest with you that's pretty much WRX territory if I am correct and I know we cannot hole shot them.
Crappy all season grid 019s, remember this is on the street not the track. I'll take a video sometime this coming week. This weather in Ohio isn't good for traction :/
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #16

lets get some 4 cylinder accord times in here! =D
paperboy42190 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
lets get some 4 cylinder accord times in here! =D
By all means! It would be great to compare. I tried to make a video last night but 1st gear traction (and 2nd) were a joke. I finally got going in 3rd then around 4k It just let go Hate this Ohio Weather

C'mon people! Post up some videos! This is V6PERFORMANCE right?
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #18
No More Boost

Send a message via AIM to chemik
Sorry to burst a bubble but those things arent accurate.
chemik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemik View Post
I tested it vs the track and it's never once been even 0.2 off. Even a 5.7 0-60 on all seasons with two people in the car is impressive. I understand they aren't perfectly accurate that's why I'm looking to buy a Vbox performance box (a highly respected piece of gps based testing equipment).
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #20
got LSD J36TT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemik View Post
true chemik most of these things aren't accurate however 5.5 seconds in a 6 speed accord isn't UNOBTAINABLE. im pretty sure the 6 speed 7th gen does usually 6.0 or 5.9 average in the 0-60. so with manual 5.5 means the driver must have been very good!!! i know another 7th gen member has done 5.7 0-60 previously, i just don't remember who? my .02 cents

(SNAILS ARE IN!!!, Smalser TWIN TURBO build UNDERWAY)

Like me at--->

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #21

This makes me wonder what the 0-60s for a supercharged/larger J swapped/bored accords are. With front wheel drive our cars can only do so well off the line on street tires.
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #22
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanemc505 View Post
Crappy all season grid 019s, remember this is on the street not the track. I'll take a video sometime this coming week. This weather in Ohio isn't good for traction :/
Yea that's my point. You have crappy tires and no traction and you're cutting 5.5s...I highly doubt the accuracy of that thing. I need to see you at the track cutting 2.2s to believe that honestly. Sorry I don't mean to be a spoil-sport but
Syracuse Orange 15-0, #1 AP/ESPN/USA
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #23

+1

A 0-60 of 5.5 sec. is not possible for this vehicle.

End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingsherpa View Post
true chemik most of these things aren't accurate however 5.5 seconds in a 6 speed accord isn't UNOBTAINABLE. im pretty sure the 6 speed 7th gen does usually 6.0 or 5.9 average in the 0-60. so with manual 5.5 means the driver must have been very good!!! i know another 7th gen member has done 5.7 0-60 previously, i just don't remember who? my .02 cents
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:46 AM   #24

Anything can be possible. If your going downhill then it will definately help. lol. I say a GREAT driver with all bolt ons should be in that range (6mt). Only downfall is that 1st gear is usually worthless on the street so you really need track conditions to get the best times.
worldon1finger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #25
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Crappy tires + passneger + luggage = probably not.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #26

5.5 is definitely attainable in this car. I doubt it with a passenger and luggage (only 20lbs you said, your friend is 370lbs???) Also, to cut a 5.5 0-60 I'd think you'd need 60' better than 2.2. That's what I did on my 14.0 run with CAI/Jpipe and that's hardly a good 60'.

I'll try to get a couple good 0-60s in my car today. My clutch sucks so I can't shift as fast as I'd like, but it's whatever.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #27
BULLPOO

2.2 isn't horrible for FWD. If you are talking < 2.0 then you are encroaching on AWD territory.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #28

It's still not great. 2.0 is really good for FWD and can happen for sure on street tires. With DRs, 1.8/1.9s are attainable, sometimes with street tires and the right setup.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #29
BULLPOO

Okay, if 2.0 is really good then what you said is understandable. I wasn't sure if your were saying that 2.2 was so bad that sub 2.0 was where it should be. Gotcha.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #30

60' is EVERYTHING in drag racing. Honestly a 1.8 60' and a misshift would be just as fast if not faster than a 2.2 60' and PERFECT shifting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in