I'm ready to drop some coin for boost! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Slammd02R1
I'm ready to drop some coin for boost!

Ok guys, I know some of you on here are supercharged. After alot of thought I've decided to boost my accord. Trouble is I'm having a heck of a time finding the Comptech Supercharger, I know they went out of business or so I heard.. so I'm hoping maybe some of you can point me in the right direction and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Slammd02R1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Go Big Red

Seriously dude? There's a thread about a comptech sc kit for 3 g's about 5 threads below the one you started. Ya gotta search.
TheMajor13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #3
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammd02R1 View Post
Ok guys, I know some of you on here are supercharged. After alot of thought I've decided to boost my accord. Trouble is I'm having a heck of a time finding the Comptech Supercharger, I know they went out of business or so I heard.. so I'm hoping maybe some of you can point me in the right direction and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
FYI, comptech is now CT engineering.

SC needed is the one for the3rd gen TL. They never officially made a kit for the 7th gen accord =/
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
FYI, comptech is now CT engineering.

SC needed is the one for the3rd gen TL. They never officially made a kit for the 7th gen accord =/
Thanks for the info.. I've seen some of your videos on youtube.. that charger sounds amazing.. did you see decent gains with it?
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #5
hmmm what next?

shonda1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #6
GO HOKIES

Send a message via AIM to viper4343
NVA-V6 has your solution. Contact him, actually he will probably chime in fairly soon. Sup Paul!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
viper4343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #7
FG4

Quote:
Thanks for the info.. I've seen some of your videos on youtube.. that charger sounds amazing.. did you see decent gains with it?

dude, just looks right above his avatar lol btw, here is link to recent thread http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...d.php?t=200172
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #8
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
some real nice gains if its done right. you sound a little wet behind the ears, so my suggestion is to do some HW and alot or research before you dive into boosting your accord. people dont realize how much it cost to boost an accord, because all the others stuff to make it run reliably and safe comes out to big $$.

heres a short list,
-SC kit used or new $3000-4000
-custom fab radiator $250-$-700
-PCD's a must if you dont have already $300
-jpipe (altp preferrably) or custom $400
-meth injection (an option, but a must IMO) $350
-gauges (wideband, boost, oil press and oil temp is good too. $400-$600
-AEM FI/c $350
-PnP harness for FI/c $250
-eventually a good clutch kit (if 6spd) $1300
-maybe some injectors $150
-and most importantly a GOOD TUNE $200-$400

thats what i can think of at the moment. probably missed a few things
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #9
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

Send a message via AIM to LiquidXplosion
just changed my mind to N/A lol
LiquidXplosion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #10
No More Boost

Send a message via AIM to chemik
Quote:
some real nice gains if its done right. you sound a little wet behind the ears, so my suggestion is to do some HW and alot or research before you dive into boosting your accord. people dont realize how much it cost to boost an accord, because all the others stuff to make it run reliably and safe comes out to big $$.

heres a short list,
-SC kit used or new $3000-4000
-custom fab radiator $250-$-700
-PCD's a must if you dont have already $300
-jpipe (altp preferrably) or custom $400
-meth injection (an option, but a must IMO) $350
-gauges (wideband, boost, oil press and oil temp is good too. $400-$600
-AEM FI/c $350
-PnP harness for FI/c $250
-eventually a good clutch kit (if 6spd) $1300
-maybe some injectors $150
-and most importantly a GOOD TUNE $200-$400

thats what i can think of at the moment. probably missed a few things

well put dude. most people only factor in the cost of the kit as well as not including labor in their estimates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Accord EXL K24A4 6spd Nighthawk Black Coupe
Back to stock
chemik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #11
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidXplosion View Post
just changed my mind to N/A lol
you know the saying, "you gots to pay to play"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemik View Post
well put dude. most people only factor in the cost of the kit as well as not including labor in their estimates
ooo ya, thanks for adding that. forgot about the labor cost as well
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #12
got LSD J36TT??

yeah dude for that money u should just get the tl turbocharger coming out!!!!! turbo ftmfw!!!! that is what im doing!!!!
tenzingsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #13
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingsherpa View Post
yeah dude for that money u should just get the tl turbocharger coming out!!!!! turbo ftmfw!!!! that is what im doing!!!!
what makes you think the turbo kit would be the same cost??? its almost double in price (6k i believe). the only thing it comes with that the SC kit doesnt, is an AEM FI/c and a tune (but only for j32, not j30), but most of the other stuff you are still going to need

i do agree on one thing, turbo > SC

BUT more power = no traction which is why i never felt the need to up the boost.
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #14
No More Boost

Send a message via AIM to chemik
Quote:
what makes you think the turbo kit would be the same cost??? its almost double in price (6k i believe). the only thing it comes with that the SC kit doesnt, is an AEM FI/c and a tune (but only for j32, not j30), but most of the other stuff you are still going to need

BUT more power = no traction which is why i never felt the need to up the boost.

dang 346whp?? nice

2003 Accord EXL K24A4 6spd Nighthawk Black Coupe
Back to stock
chemik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #15

insdead of coin...maybe dollar dollar bills?
good luck and you should look into pauls m90 better bang for the bucks
MarkGrif_04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #16
got LSD J36TT??

Quote:

no disrespect intended 04accordcpe because ur car is the inspiration for me making my car more than just a DD, but how much do u think a complete comptech supercharger setup plus install cost? and how much different are we talking about money-wise between turbo and supercharger cause i thought JR performance said ~ 6k for turbo kit with a tune and installed for 500 dollars?? i mean if we are talking about brand new supercharger and accessories like radiator etc, wouldn't the difference be like at most a 1.5k?

second thing when u say that the tune is only for the j32 u mean i need the j32 ecu right? if so i guess the tune will work for me right cause im eventally going to have the j32 block when i stoke my car to j36, and will be getting the j32 manual tranny with ecu put in my car this next coming week. i respect ur advice man cause i know u know ur stuff (no disrespect intended)

(SNAILS ARE IN!!!, Smalser TWIN TURBO build UNDERWAY)

Like me at--->

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #17
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingsherpa View Post
no disrespect intended 04accordcpe because ur car is the inspiration for me making my car more than just a DD, but how much do u think a complete comptech supercharger setup plus install cost? and how much different are we talking about money-wise between turbo and supercharger cause i thought JR performance said ~ 6k for turbo kit with a tune and installed for 500 dollars?? i mean if we are talking about brand new supercharger and accessories like radiator etc, wouldn't the difference be like at most a 1.5k?

second thing when u say that the tune is only for the j32 u mean i need the j32 ecu right? if so i guess the tune will work for me right cause im eventally going to have the j32 block when i stoke my car to j36, and will be getting the j32 manual tranny with ecu put in my car this next coming week. i respect ur advice man cause i know u know ur stuff (no disrespect intended)
no disrespect taken at all

well, your about right. 1.5k-2k is about how much more you'll spend on the turbo kit if your talking new vs new. you said for that money you'll go turbo, but 2k is a big difference in my book.. also, i had in mind a used SC kit, which can be had on the BM nowadays for around 2.5k-3k IMO a used SC kit is just as good as new one, since not much can go wrong with them and are basically bulletproof. obviously, the turbo kit is only available new at this time and if i ever went turbo, a new kit is all i would buy. buying a used turbo is risky if you ask me.

about the list, i still say you need everything you see there, especially the radiator. turbos generate alot of heat and getting a bigger core will keep the engine temps down

lastly, regarding your question about the tune and ecu, the answer is NO. i think you might be a little confused about that...you dont need a j32 ecu to run it correctly. you need a j32 engine for it to run correctly. your buying the kit with a tune for the j32, therefore, installing the kit on a j30 and run the tune they provide will cause it to run pig rich. example, i have a j32 with SC and still using the stock j30 ecu. it completey takes the a/f map programmed into the ecu out of the equation, whether it be for a j30, j32, j35, etc,... so, a retune is neccessary to compensate for the -.2 in dissplacment. thats why you have to spend a little more.

BTW, is your car auto or manual right now? if auto, then yes you will definetly need to switch the ecu. are you going to drop a j32 engine also? if not, than the j32 ecu will make your car run rich, if you still have the j30. just remember the stock j30 ecu is good for any boosted or bigger displacement apps, as long as you have ant type of EMU such as the FI/c to trick it

Last edited by 04accordcpe; January 11th, 2010 at 11:15 PM..
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #18
Bobby Lane Racing

anyone got a link of this turbo kit we are talking about?

A tune is necessary regardless of whether the kit came with a pre-tuned map. Every car is a different car, and should be tuned specifically to it's own. Just because someone sold a turbo kit with a management system and a map uploaded onto it already does't mean it's safe for your car.

Most VW, Audi, BMW, etc. are provided these type of kits with pre-tuned maps that just get reflashed to the ECU. Yes this method works and will get you on the road, but it will never ever be sufficient as a tune specifically for the vehicle itself on the dyno.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #19
got LSD J36TT??

Quote:
no disrespect taken at all

well, your about right. 1.5k-2k is about how much more you'll spend on the turbo kit if your talking new vs new. you said for that money you'll go turbo, but 2k is a big difference in my book.. also, i had in mind a used SC kit, which can be had on the BM nowadays for around 2.5k-3k IMO a used SC kit is just as good as new one, since not much can go wrong with them and are basically bulletproof. obviously, the turbo kit is only available new at this time and if i ever went turbo, a new kit is all i would buy. buying a used turbo is risky if you ask me.

about the list, i still say you need everything you see there, especially the radiator. turbos generate alot of heat and getting a bigger core will keep the engine temps down

lastly, regarding your question about the tune and ecu, the answer is NO. i think you might be a little confused about that...you dont need a j32 ecu to run it correctly. you need a j32 engine for it to run correctly. your buying the kit with a tune for the j32, therefore, installing the kit on a j30 and run the tune they provide will cause it to run pig rich. example, i have a j32 with SC and still using the stock j30 ecu. it completey takes the a/f map programmed into the ecu out of the equation, whether it be for a j30, j32, j35, etc,... so, a retune is neccessary to compensate for the -.2 in dissplacment. thats why you have to spend a little more.

BTW, is your car auto or manual right now? if auto, then yes you will definetly need to switch the ecu. are you going to drop a j32 engine also? if not, than the j32 ecu will make your car run rich, if you still have the j30. just remember the stock j30 ecu is good for any boosted or bigger displacement apps, as long as you have ant type of EMU such as the FI/c to trick it

first, thanks for the advice man!! so yeah i understand completely what u are saying. i mean since my block is going to be changed out for a j32 block would my car still be running rich if i get a tune for a j32(that comes with the turbo)? im not changing the heads however i am putting all that comes with a j36 stroke which includes u know tl-s cams, pnp, etc. either way man thanks for the clear up i will make sure i get my car tuned for my application when the time comes.

secondly, my car currently is auto. however paul will be dropping the tl manual tranny in it next week. GO PAUL!!!

Like me at--->

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #20
Bobby Lane Racing

if you get a TUNE your car shuold not be running rich, it should be running right. the whole point of a TUNE is to dial your car in for whatever spec/mods it has!!!
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #21
got LSD J36TT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
anyone got a link of this turbo kit we are talking about?

A tune is necessary regardless of whether the kit came with a pre-tuned map. Every car is a different car, and should be tuned specifically to it's own. Just because someone sold a turbo kit with a management system and a map uploaded onto it already does't mean it's safe for your car.

Most VW, Audi, BMW, etc. are provided these type of kits with pre-tuned maps that just get reflashed to the ECU. Yes this method works and will get you on the road, but it will never ever be sufficient as a tune specifically for the vehicle itself on the dyno.
this is the company website which is making the turbo http://www.jandrnextlevelperformance.com/kits.html. they claim about 440+ whp 500 crank whp with 10psi. the owner came on acurazine and proposed a turbo kit and so he made on. this is the tread in acurazine which started the turbo fabrication.http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718808

Like me at--->

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #22
got LSD J36TT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
if you get a TUNE your car shuold not be running rich, it should be running right. the whole point of a TUNE is to dial your car in for whatever spec/mods it has!!!
thanks man i understand i will get a tune when the time comes. thanks for the clear up guys

Like me at--->

Sponsors:
Mishimoto
Power Rev Racing
Racinx.com
Airtekk
Advanced Keys
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #23
Bobby Lane Racing

Is JOE related to this J&R performance place? cause I think i see his car in one of the you tube vids..
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Carpe Diem

Oh God I hope not.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #25
Go Big Red

I just checked the J&R website and apparently the "J" stands for John. We don't need anymore people getting caught up in Joe's crap
TheMajor13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #26

Yes I can honestly say I don't know a whole lot about forced induction and everything that it involves. I still want to go forward with it perhaps I should work some more overtime. I really appreciate all the info.. when I'm truely ready I will let you know. Thanks again.
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #27
got LSD J36TT??

yeah i just met up with paul today!! dropped off my car for the tl 6-speed swap!! i talked to paul and he says that he is involved in making the tl turbo kit. paul is specifically making the wiring harness for the turbo. i respect paul and know if he is working with JR performance than it must be a reputable company!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in