Engine Mount Roll Call :) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 139
Engine Mount Roll Call :)

Im going to be replacing my Engine Mounts , most likely going with the 75A street/race mounts. Just curious what everybody's running and how they like it. Most cuious about the guys with the Race mounts and the Poly-filled stock mounts. THANKS everyone.
ST-Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #2
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,736
** Thought I'd give my input although I'm not a 7th gen owner.


2001 Accord 2DR
J35 w/ 5-Speed A/T
Poly filed OEM motor mounts




I love it. Response is great, no lag or hesitation.
The vibration was kinda freaky at first, but, I'm used to it now and don't mind it.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Registered User
 
TylerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to TylerT
I wouldn't get 60a, they're too soft for aggressive driving.

Get the 75a mounts.

Thanks,
Tyler
TylerT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,828
I'm kinda in this too. I'm making some purchases elsewhere at the time

But I really don't want vibration at idle. To me, it would make the car feel like a 92 Corolla, and I don't want that. OEM mounts will probably fail on me again though. So it's a hard decision. I will have the NRG damper with the custom mount (from Sean), but I doubt that would be enough to prevent the OEM mounts from failing. Sigh.
__________________
7.5G J30 6spd -- 13.28 @107.56
Full Bolt ons/Street Tune/3.94 Final Drive
Instagram = j30_allmotor
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Super Mod
 
aprevo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,932
i have the 75a mounts. my car vibrates a lot. when the car is about to stall the whole car shakes like crazy. lol. but i love it. gives me the solid feel for the engine. i also have the nrg torque damper as well.
aprevo15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #6
FG4
 
Batmobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: (っ⌒‿⌒)っ
Posts: 2,274
75a, love it!!! except when I am in traffic, then I don't like them as much
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #7
WHOS HOUSE??? TECHNA
 
mrxwitaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 369
75a here also but sucks at stops with ac on feels like i am in a blender.
mrxwitaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxwitaz View Post
75a here also but sucks at stops with ac on feels like i am in a blender.
__________________
7.5G J30 6spd -- 13.28 @107.56
Full Bolt ons/Street Tune/3.94 Final Drive
Instagram = j30_allmotor
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #9
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
 
04accordcpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: alhambra
Posts: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-Accord View Post
Im going to be replacing my Engine Mounts , most likely going with the 75A street/race mounts. Just curious what everybody's running and how they like it. Most cuious about the guys with the Race mounts and the Poly-filled stock mounts. THANKS everyone.
unfortunately, the stock 7th gen mounts cannot be filled =/ only 6th gens and older can.


i personally have the 85a race mounts and LOVE THEM! dont mind the extra vibes whatsoever... to me, its like a free back massage at every stop


but like sonnick said, if you want performance without the lost of refinement, then the nrg torque damper w/custom bracket is the way to go! definetly will help in prolonging the life of the liquid filled stock mounts
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Inland Empire / Orange County
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
unfortunately, the stock 7th gen mounts cannot be filled =/ only 6th gens and older can.


i personally have the 85a race mounts and LOVE THEM! dont mind the extra vibes whatsoever... to me, its like a free back massage at every stop


but like sonnick said, if you want performance without the lost of refinement, then the nrg torque damper w/custom bracket is the way to go! definetly will help in prolonging the life of the liquid filled stock mounts
I got the damper but twhere the hell do I get a custom bracket from lol? Please help
Accord6Speed909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #11
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
 
04accordcpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: alhambra
Posts: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord6Speed909 View Post
I got the damper but twhere the hell do I get a custom bracket from lol? Please help
sorry, i can only the get the kits as a whole =/. they wont sell just the custom steel bracket by itself, and plus you still need the bottom bracket too.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
sorry, i can only the get the kits as a whole =/. they wont sell just the custom steel bracket by itself, and plus you still need the bottom bracket too.
I still have to figure out how to install the damn thing
__________________
7.5G J30 6spd -- 13.28 @107.56
Full Bolt ons/Street Tune/3.94 Final Drive
Instagram = j30_allmotor
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #13
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,533
yo...

mounts with upgraded bushings if you like firm engine feel...or softer bushings for more silent feel...but aftermarket mounts don't work half as good as they do with the nrg bracket assembly in the rear...I got this from Sean (04accordcoupe)...and man...HUGE AZZ difference...

the mount I got from Sean greatly reduced engine movement....

also if you want some upgraded used innovative mounts let me know...
I have some for sale....they were on my car...
I got some custom powder coated ones as a gift for my birthday....
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #14
Czechopino
 
vasekvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,377
Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
unfortunately, the stock 7th gen mounts cannot be filled =/ only 6th gens and older can.
Just curious as to why the 7th gen mounts cannot be filled. Is it because there is no rod going all the way into the mount to hold the whole thing together? I remember replacing my mounts and the front mount just had the whole top come off.
__________________
My SSM Sedan Mod Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #15
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
 
04accordcpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: alhambra
Posts: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
I still have to figure out how to install the damn thing
might as well wait and install it when you put in your new clutch kit

the bottom bolt to the motor mount base will be that much easier to get to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbconcepts View Post
mounts with upgraded bushings if you like firm engine feel...or softer bushings for more silent feel...but aftermarket mounts don't work half as good as they do with the nrg bracket assembly in the rear...I got this from Sean (04accordcoupe)...and man...HUGE AZZ difference...

the mount I got from Sean greatly reduced engine movement....

also if you want some upgraded used innovative mounts let me know...
I have some for sale....they were on my car...
I got some custom powder coated ones as a gift for my birthday....


Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
Just curious as to why the 7th gen mounts cannot be filled. Is it because there is no rod going all the way into the mount to hold the whole thing together? I remember replacing my mounts and the front mount just had the whole top come off.
the 7th gen mount is nothing but a liquid filled mound of rubber. how can it be filled?? it a totally different design compared to the 6th gen.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KS
Posts: 843
Are the 60a bushings equivalent to the stock mounts?
__________________
07 AV6-6 SDN (>100K)...rock chips, dings, and rattles!
gwiffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
where does one get these mounts at?
nitroussaturn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 139
Thanks guys, interesting stuff. I have Subaru Group N mounts on my Forester XT.
They are much harder rubber than stock, almost like Polyurethane. My Forester only vibrates alittle at Idle and more with the A/C on. I have the NRG torque damper going in also. I guess im leaning towards the 85A race mounts now, I think they'ed last longer than the 75A.
ST-Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Stevo405's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 420
oem mounts can be filled. You pump them full of urethane. They dont vibrate as much but still provide a much more solid mount for the engine
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #20
Czechopino
 
vasekvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,377
Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo405 View Post
oem mounts can be filled. You pump them full of urethane. They dont vibrate as much but still provide a much more solid mount for the engine
Evidently not the 7th gen and up mounts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
__________________
My SSM Sedan Mod Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Stevo405's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
Evidently not the 7th gen and up mounts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
why not? lol

I have seen this done. It's very possible and works
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #22
Czechopino
 
vasekvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,377
Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo405 View Post
why not? lol

I have seen this done. It's very possible and works
Because there is nothing inside the mount for the urethane filling to hold together.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
__________________
My SSM Sedan Mod Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #23
Registered User
 
Stevo405's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
Because there is nothing inside the mount for the urethane filling to hold together.

[/url]
I understand that, but its simply a matter of removing the liquid from inside and filling it up.
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #24
Registered User
 
Furlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 47
How much is a decent charge to get our motor mounts replaced? I have a 2004 V6/MT and the dealer quoted me $400 for the front and $250 for each side mount. Another mechanic quoted about the same, maybe a little less. Is this right??

This also has me thinking I better do the NRG torque damper, and maybe even aftermarket mounts. But I'm with Sonnick on this, I do NOT want any idle vibration...
Furlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #25
Registered User
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 8,733
I had just one XLR 62A passenger mount and it made a bigg ass different. Super solid, vibrates more, more noise, but worth it!! And then I got yelled at and sold it to Thien. lol

@ furlow if you dont mine the vibration and noise get after market one. XLR8 one are 300+ shipping for all 3 (front, rear, and passenger)
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Furlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 47
$300 for all three mounts is a good price. Dealer and mechanic are saying $360 for all three stock so that's about right. Just seems like $500 is an awful lot of labor charge.

I think I'm gonna stick with the stock mounts and get the NRG torque damper from Sean. 90% of my driving is normal conditions and I run my AC all the time. Not a track guy I just like to drive, hopefully the NRG damper will do the trick.

Is anyone running stock MM's and the NRG damper? I'd love to get some feedback from anyone with that set up...
Furlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #27
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,533
yo...

if you get the stock front engine mount you need to fill it with poly fill otherwise it will break again within 6 to 9 months....guaranteed..
I would check your top tranny mount and the mount by the driver wheel well as well....
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #28
Czechopino
 
vasekvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,377
Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Um...the 7th gen mounts are liquid filled. If you poly fill them them the mounts can still separate.
__________________
My SSM Sedan Mod Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #29
Herp derp
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 648
^ Same with the CL mounts. Just cut holes into the mount, drain it out, and pour poly into the void.
civicdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #30
Registered User
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 8,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furlow View Post
$300 for all three mounts is a good price. Dealer and mechanic are saying $360 for all three stock so that's about right. Just seems like $500 is an awful lot of labor charge.

I think I'm gonna stick with the stock mounts and get the NRG torque damper from Sean. 90% of my driving is normal conditions and I run my AC all the time. Not a track guy I just like to drive, hopefully the NRG damper will do the trick.

Is anyone running stock MM's and the NRG damper? I'd love to get some feedback from anyone with that set up...
I am novibration or noise increase. I still get some wheel hop but it's way better the stock a good compromise between oem mm and aftermarket. Mm
__________________
~~FlashPro dyno-tuned by innovative-motorworks (383whp/313wtq @ 7.5 psi without boost controller)~~
~~FlashPro e-tuned by Domgsr-t (405whp/345+wtq) @ 8.5psi ~~ **currently running**
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On