Question about removing up-stream cats - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #1

Question about removing up-stream cats

One of my favorite things about my accord is how fast it heats up / starts blowing heat in the winter. I have always wondered if this was related to the up stream cats being tucked up close to the block. Have any of you guys noticed a difference in how long it takes to head up after removing your up-stream cats? (Installing PCD's as you guys like to call them)

Just thought i would ask. thanks!
scott0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2011, 06:10 AM   #2
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG

yo...

actually the pre-cats won't affect it...but

if you have upgraded fans,mishimoto fan switch and mishimoto t-stat and a custom radiator...your heat doesn't work till after about 10 minutes....LOL

i noticed this recently in the past 2 or 3 months...my wife compains about the heat taking a bit to warm up but I remind her in the summer...you will never have a problem....

also the only other thing that affects heat that I have noticed is the cabin filter....
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Going back to my roots.

Send a message via AIM to hothonda55
All of the Honda's I have ever had do this (Civic's and Accord's). I've also wondered why, but I don't mind it in the winter....gets a little annoying in the summer if the A/C isn't on though.
hothonda55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 26th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #4

thanks for the replies guys. my 96 turbo civic took FOREVER to heat up (unless i put a few lbs of boost in it). i just wanted to make sure that i was not going back to that.
scott0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in