V6 Thoughts - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #1

V6 Thoughts

I have been modding cars along time but it has alway been domestics. I have a 03 v6 ACCORD that is my daily. I dont mind spending money on mods if there is a gain. Its a auto so Im not looking to boost or spray it. Some bolt-ons would be nice.

I read about the intake spacer from the pilot/ridge/odd and everyone seems to have really good reviews with good gains. I work for honda and have friend to get it milled. So I will be doing that.

I ordered a mid ram CAI lol!! not a down behind the fog light {no puddles or mutlipe bends} and not a short ram {no engine bay heat}. In V8 testing I found that you want the air going to the motor as straight as possible but away from engine heat. The one I ordered has a slight bend and goes into the inner fender alittle ways. Hope to helps alittle

The exhaust is where Im curious. 3' is too much in IMO for a 3.0 v6. LT1 and LS1 v8's have 2.75 stock catback that have been proven to see no gain going to 3' in stock form and they make more power and torque stock. I could see some of the things in the stock exhaust system being a restriction too a point. Its not a big block. It does need some back pressure to keep the torque up. They are not civics that dont need torque and you can rev to the moon to over come the low end loss. The car has some weight to it so we need the torque to get moving. Thats why I keep asking about dynos. So I can see the actual gains.

Dynos show the whole deal not some peak numbers. I want to see the area under the curve. While I understand that bolt-ons are just that I think we all want to spend money on parts that work.
You could butt dyno it to death or say it should but the dyno or track tells the truth. I like the stuff richie makes. I would like it even better if someone would do before and after comparsions.

A forum suggestion. Since this is a performance thread why not put all the "mod" threads in the sticky section so people dont have to search 30 different words to find info. Title "INTAKE SPACER MOD" then supply a link. Just a thought
teezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #2

I don't have any accord dynos, and not sure if any 350z dynos will help you because of the displacement difference. However, you also need to consider if your dealing with dual exhaust or a mid pipe. No matter what, the higher the horsepower(bigger pipping), the lower the low end torque (although most of it can be recovered via tunning). You need to evaluate what you are using you car for. If you visit the track much, then you need bigger piping vs your DD. You need to keep the velocity while the exhaust is still scavenging this is usually done with a diameter that is not too big, not to be confused with back pressure(you want free flowing). Once there is no more scavenging (about the the last third off the exhaust)you can increase the diameter to gain higher HP and it won't affect the low end torque. In anycase, optimum for z dual exhaust is 2.25-2.5 that opens up to 2.5-3. optimum for a single mid-pipe is 3 all the way.

Last edited by Archangel72; April 6th, 2011 at 09:29 PM..
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #3

very nice car, my friend has one.
brwntms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #4

From what I see on the RV6 performance site the gains look crazy for the V6 it looks like from the cars they dynoed they got way more then alittle gain.

Catback {looking at it and reading what the j-pipe is made from it looks to be dual 2.25}

Stock TL with RV6 Exhaust
20 WHP peak gained
15 WTQ peak gained

14 WHP average gained
22 WTQ average gained

Stock TL with RV6 Exhaust and V3 Jpipe
16 WHP peak gained
19 WTQ peak gained

36 WHP average gained!!!!
40 WTQ average gained!!!!

j-pipe {this was posted on the site for the 03-07 v6} no graph

13 WHP peak gained
7 WTQ peak gained

15 WHP average gained
12 WTQ average gained

this is the longtube j-pipe for the 08 up v6

Has anyone seen these gains like this on their car?

Last edited by teezy; April 7th, 2011 at 09:02 AM..
Old April 7th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #5
The name is Z

I don't see any graphs (in case you were trying to copy those over) but from the text, its saying peak gains. I understand where you're coming from as for wanting to know about everything under the curve but what you posted isn't showing that.
CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
I don't see any graphs (in case you were trying to copy those over) but from the text, its saying peak gains. I understand where you're coming from as for wanting to know about everything under the curve but what you posted isn't showing that.
I didnt post the graphs up. But I fixed it.
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #7

I have no dyno reports to back this up, but with Richie's PCD's and J-pipe and Borla exhaust, there was a world of difference in performance (Mid range especially). Other than the exhaust smell and sweating profusely during inspections, I have been extremely happy with my upgrades.
NCHondaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #8

smells bad? like rotten eggs or sulfur? I sit in traffic alot and will bet putting all these mods on shortly. Thanks for the info! Also original poster put on a j-pipe with high flow cat, pcd, intake, intake spacer and call it a day. Also since you are auto like me change your trans fluid out to either a better aftermarket fluid (redline d4 or amsoil).
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #9
A Registered User, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHondaman View Post
I have no dyno reports to back this up, but with Richie's PCD's and J-pipe and Borla exhaust, there was a world of difference in performance (Mid range especially). Other than the exhaust smell and sweating profusely during inspections, I have been extremely happy with my upgrades.
i feel ya! I get super nervous also when a cop is behind me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
smells bad? like rotten eggs or sulfur? I sit in traffic alot and will bet putting all these mods on shortly. Thanks for the info! Also original poster put on a j-pipe with high flow cat, pcd, intake, intake spacer and call it a day. Also since you are auto like me change your trans fluid out to either a better aftermarket fluid (redline d4 or amsoil).
the smell is like gas with PCDs, jpipe, and test pipe. My v6 doesnt smell like rotten eggs.
Were there any dynos or any data that shows there were gains from solely the intake spacer? It makes more sense to do the TB bypass with the intake spacer.
TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in