Exhaust Q's??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM   #1

Exclamation Exhaust Q's???

Well I've researched all over heard some of the different styles of exhaust...Right now i have pcd's(not installed yet),J-pipe,AEM v2,Borla Exhaust...Borla is a good exhaust but got tired of it and now i want to custom made one but keeping it dual exhaust.... I want to know with PCD's J-pipe what would be better :
a) 3" straight pipe out of the J-pipe to Y-pipe dual 2.5" into mufflers(4" tips)

b) same setup but going 2.5" out of the j-pipe all the way

What you guys recommend for performance,dont care about raspiness or emissions im going full catless...Thanks!
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM   #2
A Registered User, I am

This thread should be closed. Obviously you haven't done enough research, are being lazy, or you didn't comprehend what you read. My apologies for being a d!ck but there is an ongoing discussion in first couple threads.
TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM   #3

friesm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM   #4

nobody has tested nothing,talk about single exhaust,only thing close so far was Cubano but I read he didnt have J-pipe he was using stock one and no Dyno or nothing....and yeah believe I read here like crazy everyday dont post that much because of people like you...I just had a question like everybody else
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM   #5
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG

yo...

what version pcd's?
what version j-pipe?
I would go 3 inch pipe form the j-pipe back and then exit out the right side with a straight thru muffler (75mm to 115mm)

the 3"inch pipe in between the muffler and the j-pipe needs a 24" or 30" resonator added as well....

you will love this setup....
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbconcepts View Post
what version pcd's?
what version j-pipe?
I would go 3 inch pipe form the j-pipe back and then exit out the right side with a straight thru muffler (75mm to 115mm)

the 3"inch pipe in between the muffler and the j-pipe needs a 24" or 30" resonator added as well....

Thanks for your opinion...Im running v3 PCD's and v3 J-Pipe....but i dont want no reso or go single exhaust im going to stay dual.
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:47 PM   #7
A Registered User, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
nobody has tested nothing,talk about single exhaust,only thing close so far was Cubano but I read he didnt have J-pipe he was using stock one and no Dyno or nothing....and yeah believe I read here like crazy everyday dont post that much because of people like you...I just had a question like everybody else
You answered your own question. There are no dyno results to compare between them. and I'm 100% sure if there were, there would be a definite answer on whether 2.5 or 3" gives better performance and the majority would be doing the same, just like other bolt ons.

Not to discredit or prove false of bdbconcepts response but Elliot you should be able to recognize it's similarities to other responses because it's all over threads regarding exhaust piping.
Quote:
what version pcd's?
what version j-pipe?

TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Well I've researched all over heard some of the different styles of exhaust...Right now i have pcd's(not installed yet),J-pipe,AEM v2,Borla Exhaust...Borla is a good exhaust but got tired of it and now i want to custom made one but keeping it dual exhaust.... I want to know with PCD's J-pipe what would be better :
a) 3" straight pipe out of the J-pipe to Y-pipe dual 2.5" into mufflers(4" tips)

b) same setup but going 2.5" out of the j-pipe all the way

What you guys recommend for performance,dont care about raspiness or emissions im going full catless...Thanks!
I have the exact same set-up as you (except PCD's are installed). Why, may I ask, are you sick of the Borla? Power? Sound? I love it.
NCHondaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
FYI....I currently run 2.5 inch piping from j-pipe back with no resonator and dual magna flow mufflers....
my exhaust setup does not produce as much power as the setup I mentioned earlier....but if you want duals go either 2.85 or 3"....I have 2.5" and would like to re-do....
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:46 AM   #10

I have a 3in catback with a custom Jpipe. They F'd it up slightly upon completion because they didn't do all I asked for. I am going to be getting it straightened out relatively soon. After I do, I will have dynos comparing my OBX catback/RV6 V1 Jpipe setup to my custom Jpipe/3in catback setup. I wanted to dyno immediately after the custom Jpipe, but they didn't do it right, so I am going to wait until it's done the way [<<this guy] wants.

With that said, I would recommend going with 3in piping from the Jpipe back. BUT, I'd also recommend using a venturi merge collector off of the Jpipe. This basically means the collector needs to gradually increase in diameter like a megaphone to meet the 3in pipe. This helps in scavenging. The next best thing would be to have just a 3in collector at the Jpipe.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHondaman View Post
I have the exact same set-up as you (except PCD's are installed). Why, may I ask, are you sick of the Borla? Power? Sound? I love it.
Too quiet... Other than that perfect.... it is like for daily driven style cars i dont use mine like 2 days a week maybe
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM   #12

Quote:
FYI....I currently run 2.5 inch piping from j-pipe back with no resonator and dual magna flow mufflers....
my exhaust setup does not produce as much power as the setup I mentioned earlier....but if you want duals go either 2.85 or 3"....I have 2.5" and would like to re-do....
you talking about 3" from the j-pipe or all the way???
because im afraid off my car being decompressed if i go 3" all the way and that means lost in power...
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
I have a 3in catback with a custom Jpipe. They F'd it up slightly upon completion because they didn't do all I asked for. I am going to be getting it straightened out relatively soon. After I do, I will have dynos comparing my OBX catback/RV6 V1 Jpipe setup to my custom Jpipe/3in catback setup. I wanted to dyno immediately after the custom Jpipe, but they didn't do it right, so I am going to wait until it's done the way [<<this guy] wants.

With that said, I would recommend going with 3in piping from the Jpipe back. BUT, I'd also recommend using a venturi merge collector off of the Jpipe. This basically means the collector needs to gradually increase in diameter like a megaphone to meet the 3in pipe. This helps in scavenging. The next best thing would be to have just a 3in collector at the Jpipe.
yeah i read your stuff and saw pics kind of ugly dough but it does the job?? hahah just messing with you.... yeahh but im not to all that like fully custom stuff im trying to stay with my V3 stuff like pcds and jpipe then after that is where im going custom but im undecided dont know which way to go i already have 2 2.5 mufflers with a 4" tip but dont know if after the j-pipe go 3" or 2.5" and then Y-pipe to 2.5 thats the part that im lost at :S Im thinking of going right now 3 but dont know if that much air going out would affect my performance...
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:36 AM   #14
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
How aggressive do you want your car to be? If you aren't looking to building a track car, I'd just switch out the mufflers if you think the Borla is too quiet. You could also delete the resonator that comes with the Borla. Sounds like you are trying to go on the cheap and odds are whatever exhaust shop you go to will not be using a mandrel bender. The Borla is all stainless, mandrel bent, and has quality machine welds. However, if you want something aggressive, I'd probably mirror what Sonnick is doing.

PS - Your punctuation, or lack thereof, hurts my head.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM   #15

yo dawg...

Quote:
you talking about 3" from the j-pipe or all the way???
because im afraid off my car being decompressed if i go 3" all the way and that means lost in power...
3 inch from the 3rd cat or jpipe back...you won't lose power...you will gain mid and top end alot...ask bboy....i don't think he lost initial power.....
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM   #16
TrakCord

the merge collector is where all you power is this must be 3 inch or i would venture to say 3.5 inch, adding a megaphone could net you a couple extra ponies but that has yet to be determined...as long as your collector is done properly the rest of the exhaust doesnt really matter, as long as you do not go to a smaller diameter. Anything after the collector will just add weight and determine your sound level/quality, so the key here is if you have a 3" collector stay 3 inch and split to dual 2.5" or even dual 3" its your choice just dont go smaller than that.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Too quiet... Other than that perfect.... it is like for daily driven style cars i dont use mine like 2 days a week maybe
Ahhh...makes sense. Mine is a daily driver and I like hearing my music once in a while. Good luck with the build! This stuff is too addicting sometimes
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHondaman View Post
This stuff is too addicting sometimes
Tell me about it. I'm going on my 4th exhaust setup...
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM   #19

You surprise me with wanting to replace the Borla. This leads me to believe that you want more of a aggressive sound.

For my daily driver, I chose NOT to go with the other makes due to sound reasons.

Good luck with your research.
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:35 AM   #20

Thank you all specially Cubano for clarifying a lot about this...and Borla believe me im not trying to get rid of it i lov it and is the best quality...and yeah thats what i have right now installed i just want something different got tired of it and i know going catless and straight thru i would gain some more power and a louder sound too ...
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Tell me about it. I'm going on my 4th exhaust setup...
I've been doing weeks of research on a turbo set-up. I'm definitely gonna pull the trigger and go with forced induction. Just gotta make sure it's 100% right
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM   #22
TrakCord

Quote:
Thank you all specially Cubano for clarifying a lot about this...and Borla believe me im not trying to get rid of it i lov it and is the best quality...and yeah thats what i have right now installed i just want something different got tired of it and i know going catless and straight thru i would gain some more power and a louder sound too ...
no prob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in