Another of my HPDE Track days @ Homestead Course, 6/4/11 w/ ERME CLub 03 Accord V6 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #1
TrakCord

Another of my HPDE Track days @ Homestead Course, 6/4/11 w/ ERME CLub 03 Accord V6

This is a vid of my second session by far the most action packed and entertaining. Enjoy the music too!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWZJFNLBpwQ&feature=related]YouTube - ‪ERME HPDE 6/4/11, 2003 Honda Accord V6-6-speed, Homestead Race Course Session 2‬‏[/ame]

This is a vid of my new personal best time 1:41.6. (previously my best was a 1:46 one year ago)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88_K0ILBkA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪ERME 6/4/11 2003 Honda Accord V6 6-speed Homestead Course New Hot Lap 1:41.608‬‏[/ame]

A few pics (these were from a previous track day)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Bobby Lane Racing

looking great bro!
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #3
NC Fresh

how does the accord stack up against the other cars?

and the first videos pretty cool, nice and smooth driving! i like it

and how were you doing work on that 135? He must not know how to drive..... or his car is stockkers
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #4
TrakCord

thanks guys! check my other videos and you will c the accord can battle with just about any car under 100k. Thats why i label all the cars as i pass them. Lol turbo cars are the worst for track days becuz you generate a tremendous amount of heat out there so the turbos start to blow hot air and lose a bunch of power and make the under hood temps sky rocket in turn taking more power away from the engine. Also i think the ECU pulls back the power a bit if the turbos get to hot. and there are two turbos under that hood so its a bit worse than a single turbo. That 135i also has competition tires like me.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #5
Greg

Send a message via AIM to nellynel8512
haha sick work bro!
nellynel8512 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
thanks guys! check my other videos and you will c the accord can battle with just about any car under 100k. Thats why i label all the cars as i pass them. Lol turbo cars are the worst for track days becuz you generate a tremendous amount of heat out there so the turbos start to blow hot air and lose a bunch of power and make the under hood temps sky rocket in turn taking more power away from the engine. Also i think the ECU pulls back the power a bit if the turbos get to hot. and there are two turbos under that hood so its a bit worse than a single turbo. That 135i also has competition tires like me.
it's actually a drivers race, I wish I had some quality videos of my events. Turbos have nothing to do with it. From your videos, they just look like novice drivers imo.

I pass some fast cars too on the track, GTRs.... Evo, Z, G37, porche etc etc. But its a drivers race, how fast they enter and exit the turns, how much speed they carry, and their lines on the track.

REDLINE PRO TIME ATTACK ROUND 3

here are results from memorial weekend at Autoclub Speedway. I did a 1:58 which is pretty fast on this track for a car that weights 3150 without me in it. You can take a look at the picture gallery to match up what cars did what.

Hankook M3 did a 1:47, and the Evolution Racewerks 135 did a 1:47 as well. Both cars have over 400whp.
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #7
JDM UC1

Good job.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #8
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
it's actually a drivers race, I wish I had some quality videos of my events. Turbos have nothing to do with it. From your videos, they just look like novice drivers imo.

I pass some fast cars too on the track, GTRs.... Evo, Z, G37, porche etc etc. But its a drivers race, how fast they enter and exit the turns, how much speed they carry, and their lines on the track.

REDLINE PRO TIME ATTACK ROUND 3

here are results from memorial weekend at Autoclub Speedway. I did a 1:58 which is pretty fast on this track for a car that weights 3150 without me in it. You can take a look at the picture gallery to match up what cars did what.

Hankook M3 did a 1:47, and the Evolution Racewerks 135 did a 1:47 as well. Both cars have over 400whp.
thats awesome you did pretty good....those cars look like purpose built cars for sure so they will def running alot more efficient then a simple street car with just compeition tires...and yea there are alot of beginner drivers in the intermediate class lol i take that as a compliment cuz u make it seem like i am better then them ...and road racing is always a drivers race thats why i love it so much....let me show some results of the guys that were running in the race series the same time i was there that weekend..the top 5 guys are Porsche GT3 Cup 997 chassis race cars....the rest of the top 10 are either porsche race cars or other...the only other make is the 9th place guy he has a BMW m3 race car......I was running a best time of 1:41.6 and i am a simple 250whp gutted street car with tires ....i will look for some pics of these cars that i rememeber....the rest of the field is miatas civic integras crx, and some corvettes...i cant remember everyone

MYLAPS Results
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Bobby Lane Racing

^tires and setting up a car for your confidence has alot to do with your driving style. My sanction event requires me to run street tires in my class...140 treadwear or higher. I try to go out there, be humble, learn where there is need for improvement, and make the adjustments as neccessary. My accord is killing it out there though for an under dog. next mods for round 4: kill ABS and run hard lines to a brake bias. higher KG springs, non-compliance bushings, and shaving the fat. Let see what times it can pull off at Big Willow Springs International Raceway... I was there in March, so I can't wait to see the time difference with the simple tweaks and adjustments made to the car.
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #10

Oem mirrors dont help much but work against you right? Like flapping a wall against the wind flow at each side.
DCdonDubby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #11
TrakCord

Quote:
^tires and setting up a car for your confidence has alot to do with your driving style. My sanction event requires me to run street tires in my class...140 treadwear or higher. I try to go out there, be humble, learn where there is need for improvement, and make the adjustments as neccessary. My accord is killing it out there though for an under dog. next mods for round 4: kill ABS and run hard lines to a brake bias. higher KG springs, non-compliance bushings, and shaving the fat. Let see what times it can pull off at Big Willow Springs International Raceway... I was there in March, so I can't wait to see the time difference with the simple tweaks and adjustments made to the car.
ye tell me about it...i have been babying the car becuz i have been on crappy one year old goodyears for quite sometime and removing the ABS system was the biggest headache in the world so i had major brake lockup issues, but once i finally got the setup right (last weekend) i was building confidence little by little until i finally was clipping off laps up to 5 seconds faster than i ever have...ye playing by the rules is difficult i basically dont have any rules other than go faster lol...idk what my future holds but the race series "FARA", that runs on the same day as my HPDE club only separates the groups by engine size or if you have a turbo or not thats it...no other rules or restrictions (besides safety requirements). BEing humble is difficult for me at times becuz of the type of cars that i can catch and pass lol..i just joke around with my friends n stuff about it haha! N plus i dnt like to get passed it just fuels me to drive harder and faster which is how i ran the 1:41 when tht "flamthrower" black porsche turbo passed me he was the only person in tht class tht passed me all day!
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #12
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCdonDubby View Post
Oem mirrors dont help much but work against you right? Like flapping a wall against the wind flow at each side.
still tryin to understand what you mean? i guess having a more aerodynamic part will help on any side of the car so yeah i guess the mirrors could flow better like the TL mirrors are designed
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Bobby Lane Racing

^ or completely mirrorless. Again though, depending on the sanction you are racing in, they might require mirrors.. like mine.

not being humble is easy when you're racing against alot of novice drivers. However being humble will help you build skill, understand your mistakes and correcting them, and it also teaches you to be smooth in transition under pressure. I race with alot of professionals, and honestly, the first few times out with them was mind wrenching. The best thing an instructor advised me was to be humble, race my own race, and learn from the better ones. It's help me build consistency in my laptime.
Old June 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #14
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

man, looks so smooth. Nice fat meaty tire/wheel setup I see.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #15
TrakCord

Quote:
^ or completely mirrorless. Again though, depending on the sanction you are racing in, they might require mirrors.. like mine.

not being humble is easy when you're racing against alot of novice drivers. However being humble will help you build skill, understand your mistakes and correcting them, and it also teaches you to be smooth in transition under pressure. I race with alot of professionals, and honestly, the first few times out with them was mind wrenching. The best thing an instructor advised me was to be humble, race my own race, and learn from the better ones. It's help me build consistency in my laptime.
well with me theres a fine line with being cocky and confident a line i dont cross...i always try to help others get better and offer my knowledge and services to help them get better...i learned from my father the best competition is the kind that knows how to compete,meaning no secrets, no sore losers and especially no sore winners. I will share everything i know to help others compete at their best becuz i have had alot of people share their knowledge with me that never had to. They did it out of the goodness of their heart. So i do the same whenever possible no matter how small it is. But on the other hand i wont hesitate to put people in their place if they get to big headed cuz they have alot of money and they think they are better than everyone else becuz of it. Ill take my lil 5000 dollar honda and out drive the Sh**t outta them on the track!
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #16
J30 LSD

Quick question...how can someone with no experience get into something like this?
flylow2cre8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #17
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2cre8 View Post
Quick question...how can someone with no experience get into something like this?
well you should go to your nearest track and just start talking to people and go to races or track days and look around and ask how they got started...where are you located? and maybe i or someone here can help you get started by looking for local clubs in your area....ok i just saw your profile and you are in Georgia. Lucky you idk how close you are to "Road Atlanta Race track" but that is a beautiful track. I will look for other georgia race tracks and clubs for you but check out this website/forum i am on they organize most of the track days onto a single calendar in the southeast/florida region.

trackweekend.com
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #18
TrakCord

also did this search of all the tracks in your area...Road Atlanta and Roebling Road are in there too.

Georgia Race Track Directory of Asphalt & Dirt Tracks & Drag Strips - RacingIn.com
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #19
TrakCord

and here you go a list of everything happening at road atlanta this year

Road Atlanta Event Schedule

lmk if you have anymore questions you simply need to get involved with one of the clubs that do track days...i suggest you go out to the track when they are there and talk it up! ...hope this helps good luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in