Running Cats with a V3 J-Pipe? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 151
Running Cats with a V3 J-Pipe?

Hello there, been a while since I posted and in that time I've parted way with my 03 accord . I sold my Accord to a good friend of mine who is doing a lot of work on the car now. He's going for 300+ WHP but wants to keep the car street legal.

Long story short, what kinda cats are people using with the J-pipe and what are the dimensions of the pipe on the j pipe, mostly the outlet so we can find a cat that will bolt up to the j pipe and the 3'' single exhaust he plans on having custom made.
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
i believe the V3 J-Pipe is 2.5 " why he doesn't go with HFPC's (HighFlowPreCats) From RV6P ? that will help and it'll be street legal
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 151
Pre cat deletes are the plan as far as i know. Pre cat deletes > j pipe > high flow cat > 3'' single > straight threw muffler
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
sounds good ... J-Pipe primaries going out of the head are 2.25 and the outlet is 2.5 have fun when you complete it get pics and videos of the exhaust good luck
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #5
TrakCord
 
AccordingLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,485
idk how hes gonna get to 300whp N/A but good luk and please share the info when you do...the only way i can forsee that is if you make a custom exhaust, losto porting, custom cams, and re-wire the car to run AEM EMS and tune on Ethanol or 110 gas
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Thats right....not trying to thread jack but what suspension setup and wheels are those on your profile pic Cubanob?
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 151
Plans on S/C. No where did I say N/A haha
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #8
TrakCord
 
AccordingLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Thats right....not trying to thread jack but what suspension setup and wheels are those on your profile pic Cubanob?
jus got some Megan 15way shock/coilover combo package....the wheels are 17x9.5 +15 offset MB Battle wheels, had to do some body mods to fit them
__________________
Goin back to the Track!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
jus got some Megan 15way shock/coilover combo package....the wheels are 17x9.5 +15 offset MB Battle wheels, had to do some body mods to fit them
looks very very good!!!
i like the wide look they got on your car...
how does it handle being that wide?
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,828
If he is going S/C, do custom 2.5in Precats to a Jpipe with 2.5in primaries and a 3in collector to mate to your 3in exhaust. That would flow the best. You could also do 2.25 off the head with 2.25in primaries, but make sure the Jpipe collector is 3in, not 2.5.
__________________
7.5G J30 6spd -- 13.28 @107.56
Full Bolt ons/Street Tune/3.94 Final Drive
Instagram = j30_allmotor
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #11
TrakCord
 
AccordingLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
looks very very good!!!
i like the wide look they got on your car...
how does it handle being that wide?
well the wheels increased the track width by 4 inches total...so you could say yes it handles much better...because usually wider is better ...i have herd that going wider in the rear creates understeer but i prefer a car that understeers becuz it allows me to be more aggressive during transition cornering
__________________
Goin back to the Track!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
well the wheels increased the track width by 4 inches total...so you could say yes it handles much better...because usually wider is better ...i have herd that going wider in the rear creates understeer but i prefer a car that understeers becuz it allows me to be more aggressive during transition cornering
Nice....saw some of your videos on the track ... cool stuff!
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #13
TrakCord
 
AccordingLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Nice....saw some of your videos on the track ... cool stuff!
yep the track has taught me alot about where real drivers belong and where high speed driving belongs. Also the right places to spend money. Basically, just have a comfortable, reliable, safe daily driver that you leave alone and bone stock & only requires basic maintenance. Then hav a second car for the track that you can tear apart and spend money on lol. I mean its hard not to mod your street car when thats the only car you have and you are trying to use it for multi-purposes. But the way i see it is if you left your daily alone and you save all that money you were gonna spend on mods & the cost of wear and tear from beatin on it, it would eventually add up and you could afford a little beater track car that you would be able to drive hard and aggressive without the fear of destroying it becuz you have your nice chillen reliable daily sittin safe at home ready to be driven to work the next day. In other words modding your daily will cost you more than a second car in the long run. Becuz if you hurt your daily you will have no car to get to work which will cost you your sick days or vacation etc...plus you may have to rent a car blah blah you get the point. So all those little things will add up. Last example think of having two cars as having two women. Your daily is like your nice wifey type girlfriend that you do all the fun lovey stuff with and keep her pure and safe at home. Then your second car is your nasty slutty type mistress girlfriend who you would never have as a pure wifey type becuz you and her do unspeakable things together and when shes all worn out and your tired of rippin it, hey at least you have your pure safe girl sittin at home waiting to make you breakfast in the morning.
__________________
Goin back to the Track!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 151
Whats better Labree, Richies V3, or ATLP J-Pipe?
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
yep the track has taught me alot about where real drivers belong and where high speed driving belongs. Also the right places to spend money. Basically, just have a comfortable, reliable, safe daily driver that you leave alone and bone stock & only requires basic maintenance. Then hav a second car for the track that you can tear apart and spend money on lol. I mean its hard not to mod your street car when thats the only car you have and you are trying to use it for multi-purposes. But the way i see it is if you left your daily alone and you save all that money you were gonna spend on mods & the cost of wear and tear from beatin on it, it would eventually add up and you could afford a little beater track car that you would be able to drive hard and aggressive without the fear of destroying it becuz you have your nice chillen reliable daily sittin safe at home ready to be driven to work the next day. In other words modding your daily will cost you more than a second car in the long run. Becuz if you hurt your daily you will have no car to get to work which will cost you your sick days or vacation etc...plus you may have to rent a car blah blah you get the point. So all those little things will add up. Last example think of having two cars as having two women. Your daily is like your nice wifey type girlfriend that you do all the fun lovey stuff with and keep her pure and safe at home. Then your second car is your nasty slutty type mistress girlfriend who you would never have as a pure wifey type becuz you and her do unspeakable things together and when shes all worn out and your tired of rippin it, hey at least you have your pure safe girl sittin at home waiting to make you breakfast in the morning.
I know that feeling...I got a Mazda B-series pickup truck full of stickers and **** that i wont put in my car and the best thing about it i park everywhere and run through **** and i dont have to worry about it sometimes i kind of like more that than my son(av6) but hes still looks good
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #16
Registered User
 
purplerims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 32607
Posts: 333
I personally like the v3 jpipe because of the long tube desing wat is thr lebree?
purplerims is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #17
V6P Groupbuy Approved
 
Richie V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Around Chicago
Posts: 2,547
Everything you need to run cats with the V3 jpipe.

RV6 V3 Jpipe & HFPC Combo
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Richie V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On