Running Cats with a V3 J-Pipe? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #1

Running Cats with a V3 J-Pipe?

Hello there, been a while since I posted and in that time I've parted way with my 03 accord . I sold my Accord to a good friend of mine who is doing a lot of work on the car now. He's going for 300+ WHP but wants to keep the car street legal.

Long story short, what kinda cats are people using with the J-pipe and what are the dimensions of the pipe on the j pipe, mostly the outlet so we can find a cat that will bolt up to the j pipe and the 3'' single exhaust he plans on having custom made.
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #2

i believe the V3 J-Pipe is 2.5 " why he doesn't go with HFPC's (HighFlowPreCats) From RV6P ? that will help and it'll be street legal
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #3

Pre cat deletes are the plan as far as i know. Pre cat deletes > j pipe > high flow cat > 3'' single > straight threw muffler

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #4

sounds good ... J-Pipe primaries going out of the head are 2.25 and the outlet is 2.5 have fun when you complete it get pics and videos of the exhaust good luck
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #5
TrakCord

idk how hes gonna get to 300whp N/A but good luk and please share the info when you do...the only way i can forsee that is if you make a custom exhaust, losto porting, custom cams, and re-wire the car to run AEM EMS and tune on Ethanol or 110 gas
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #6

Thats right....not trying to thread jack but what suspension setup and wheels are those on your profile pic Cubanob?
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #7

Plans on S/C. No where did I say N/A haha
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #8
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Thats right....not trying to thread jack but what suspension setup and wheels are those on your profile pic Cubanob?
jus got some Megan 15way shock/coilover combo package....the wheels are 17x9.5 +15 offset MB Battle wheels, had to do some body mods to fit them
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
jus got some Megan 15way shock/coilover combo package....the wheels are 17x9.5 +15 offset MB Battle wheels, had to do some body mods to fit them
looks very very good!!!
i like the wide look they got on your car...
how does it handle being that wide?
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #10

If he is going S/C, do custom 2.5in Precats to a Jpipe with 2.5in primaries and a 3in collector to mate to your 3in exhaust. That would flow the best. You could also do 2.25 off the head with 2.25in primaries, but make sure the Jpipe collector is 3in, not 2.5.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #11
TrakCord

Quote:
looks very very good!!!
i like the wide look they got on your car...
how does it handle being that wide?
well the wheels increased the track width by 4 inches total...so you could say yes it handles much better...because usually wider is better ...i have herd that going wider in the rear creates understeer but i prefer a car that understeers becuz it allows me to be more aggressive during transition cornering
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #12

Quote:
well the wheels increased the track width by 4 inches total...so you could say yes it handles much better...because usually wider is better ...i have herd that going wider in the rear creates understeer but i prefer a car that understeers becuz it allows me to be more aggressive during transition cornering
Nice....saw some of your videos on the track ... cool stuff!
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #13
TrakCord

Quote:
Nice....saw some of your videos on the track ... cool stuff!
yep the track has taught me alot about where real drivers belong and where high speed driving belongs. Also the right places to spend money. Basically, just have a comfortable, reliable, safe daily driver that you leave alone and bone stock & only requires basic maintenance. Then hav a second car for the track that you can tear apart and spend money on lol. I mean its hard not to mod your street car when thats the only car you have and you are trying to use it for multi-purposes. But the way i see it is if you left your daily alone and you save all that money you were gonna spend on mods & the cost of wear and tear from beatin on it, it would eventually add up and you could afford a little beater track car that you would be able to drive hard and aggressive without the fear of destroying it becuz you have your nice chillen reliable daily sittin safe at home ready to be driven to work the next day. In other words modding your daily will cost you more than a second car in the long run. Becuz if you hurt your daily you will have no car to get to work which will cost you your sick days or vacation etc...plus you may have to rent a car blah blah you get the point. So all those little things will add up. Last example think of having two cars as having two women. Your daily is like your nice wifey type girlfriend that you do all the fun lovey stuff with and keep her pure and safe at home. Then your second car is your nasty slutty type mistress girlfriend who you would never have as a pure wifey type becuz you and her do unspeakable things together and when shes all worn out and your tired of rippin it, hey at least you have your pure safe girl sittin at home waiting to make you breakfast in the morning.
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #14

Whats better Labree, Richies V3, or ATLP J-Pipe?
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #15

Quote:
yep the track has taught me alot about where real drivers belong and where high speed driving belongs. Also the right places to spend money. Basically, just have a comfortable, reliable, safe daily driver that you leave alone and bone stock & only requires basic maintenance. Then hav a second car for the track that you can tear apart and spend money on lol. I mean its hard not to mod your street car when thats the only car you have and you are trying to use it for multi-purposes. But the way i see it is if you left your daily alone and you save all that money you were gonna spend on mods & the cost of wear and tear from beatin on it, it would eventually add up and you could afford a little beater track car that you would be able to drive hard and aggressive without the fear of destroying it becuz you have your nice chillen reliable daily sittin safe at home ready to be driven to work the next day. In other words modding your daily will cost you more than a second car in the long run. Becuz if you hurt your daily you will have no car to get to work which will cost you your sick days or vacation etc...plus you may have to rent a car blah blah you get the point. So all those little things will add up. Last example think of having two cars as having two women. Your daily is like your nice wifey type girlfriend that you do all the fun lovey stuff with and keep her pure and safe at home. Then your second car is your nasty slutty type mistress girlfriend who you would never have as a pure wifey type becuz you and her do unspeakable things together and when shes all worn out and your tired of rippin it, hey at least you have your pure safe girl sittin at home waiting to make you breakfast in the morning.
I know that feeling...I got a Mazda B-series pickup truck full of stickers and **** that i wont put in my car and the best thing about it i park everywhere and run through **** and i dont have to worry about it sometimes i kind of like more that than my son(av6) but hes still looks good
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #16

I personally like the v3 jpipe because of the long tube desing wat is thr lebree?
purplerims is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #17
V6P Groupbuy Approved

Everything you need to run cats with the V3 jpipe.

RV6 V3 Jpipe & HFPC Combo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Richie V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in