KMOD Performance Turbo kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to TypeR-AV6
KMOD Performance Turbo kit

KMOD Performance - Forced Induction - high point, NC

Came across this shop that apparently makes a turbo kit for our car. The car is auto and is using a t3/t4 54 trim turbo. I just got pics from a friend who knows the owner and sent me pics of the setup on the Accord. seems interesting. Im still waiting results and reliability and durability.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #2

Do u know if they make this for a 6th gen?
DiceX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to TylerT
What are they using for tuning / meth?
TylerT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Bobby Lane Racing

EBAY. look at the picture on their website. They have headers in the picture. the couplers and piping are all ebay. no management, POS unless proven imo.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to TypeR-AV6
idk he sent me pics, he said the pic on the website is just an example not exact product for the application, because I asked him about the image on the site and he said it isnt 3 to 1 manifold but just like dump tubes/downpipes. I do see it as being farfetched, but Im waiting for results and more feedback. so we will see.
TypeR-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Engine Building & Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
EBAY. look at the picture on their website. They have headers in the picture. the couplers and piping are all ebay. no management, POS unless proven imo.
Hello Guys, I am the owner of KMOD Performance, and this kit is a custom made turbo kit. We have done plenty of custom turbo kits for 4 cyl Honda/Acura cars, but this is the 1st turbo kit that we have done on a V6. That engine bay is tight.LOL. There were tons of wires, and hoses that had to be relocated.
This is by no means an "EBAY" kit. The turbo is a Precision Turbo unit,(High Quality), All the piping is Stainless, high quality couplers, The engine management is an AEM FIC.
This is by no means a POS kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR-AV6 View Post
idk he sent me pics, he said the pic on the website is just an example not exact product for the application, because I asked him about the image on the site and he said it isnt 3 to 1 manifold but just like dump tubes/downpipes. I do see it as being farfetched, but Im waiting for results and more feedback. so we will see.
The pics on the site are representative only. Not pics of the actual kit. Why do you all find this to be far fetched. A custom turbo kit is not that dificult. Time consuming Yes, difficult NO.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
KM0D-Kese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #7
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Subed...

Edit -

Why would you use pictures of a crappy ebay kit and not pictures of the kit you produce? Sounds sketchy from that stand point alone.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #8

How much is the kit alone, without installation. Also KMOD Performance - **GOD IS GOOD** - high point, NC ... wut?
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.George View Post
How much is the kit alone, without installation. Also KMOD Performance - **GOD IS GOOD** - high point, NC ... wut?
DuvalHonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #10
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Marquis, if you'd like to be a authorized vendor on V6P, please contact Dizzy and inquire about a vendor agreement.

You can reach him by clicking here -

V6 Performance.net Forums - View Profile: Dizzy
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:21 AM   #11
Engine Building & Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
Subed...

Edit -

Why would you use pictures of a crappy ebay kit and not pictures of the kit you produce? Sounds sketchy from that stand point alone.
At the time that the customer ordered the kit we had not done one yet. As I mentioned earlier this is the 1st V6 kit that we have done. That being the case we could not take a picture of something we did not have yet.
If you would like to see pics of all of the parts that we used to build the kit have the OP post them. I cant post pics yet. The parts pic was sent to the customer.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:34 AM   #12
Engine Building & Tuning

Quote:
How much is the kit alone, without installation. Also kmodperformance.com/-GOD IS GOOD ... wut?
We do not sell the kit alone. This is a custom made kit that we build per customer per vehicle.
Did you even read the GOD IS GOOD link. If so, its self explanatory. If its not for you now, then I pray that one day it will be. Your life will be better off w/ Christ than w/o. Thats a fact.

I seem to see alot a negativity on this forum. We build custom turbo kits, and if you dont beleive that we do- dont buy one. If you have a genuine question about our products I will answer them. I will not entertain any question that have a negative tone to them. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the validity of our products. We are extremely busy and dont have time to play games on the internet.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
Old July 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM   #13

There is always negativity on this forum with new parts for a lot of reasons, but for me it's because there are never a lot of performance options made for our cars, and when they are made half the time they are a let down.

Your kit looks nice. How much for you set up?
inspire1318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:38 AM   #14
Bobby Lane Racing

Let see pictures of all the piping on the intake/intercooler side, to the exhaust side. Lets see the couplings used, the clamps. What grade is the stainless. ETC. No negativity here, I also run a shop, and build custom kit too. However There's more crap work out there than there is good work hence the immediate response. Search EBAY accord v6 turbo kit and you will know what I mean. We've had so many guys run through this forum saying they build turbo kits so you're not the first. Your generic picture on your website was pulled from Ebay, hence the reason for the negative response. I'm just as busy as you, if not busier, Calendars always full 2-3 weeks in advance, Plus racing schedule etc. If you can't handle constructive criticism than by all means you're in the wrong place as well.

Constructive Criticism allows you to understand where theres room for improvement. Show us what you got, and we'll respond accordingly.
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:23 AM   #15

Ouch... Kind of rude for a individual who is wanting to (perhaps) sell his products, and on his third post here.

Members on here often find themselves being the "test bed" on these parts finding design failures which should have been identified at the design phase or during the New Product Development (NPD) process.

We are all for new products, yet been burned in the past. A prime example is the Pro-E Shift Cats.

Based on your below comments, I will have to rule this purchase out and feel you have damaged your (new) image due to the fact on how you are aleady talking down to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM0D-Kese View Post
We do not sell the kit alone. This is a custom made kit that we build per customer per vehicle.
Did you even read the GOD IS GOOD link. If so, its self explanatory. If its not for you now, then I pray that one day it will be. Your life will be better off w/ Christ than w/o. Thats a fact.

I seem to see alot a negativity on this forum. We build custom turbo kits, and if you dont beleive that we do- dont buy one. If you have a genuine question about our products I will answer them. I will not entertain any question that have a negative tone to them. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the validity of our products. We are extremely busy and dont have time to play games on the internet.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:27 AM   #16
Got LSD?

Guys please keep in mind that he hasnt tried to sell them on this site yet so that is why he is getting irritated. This was posted by a member who knows the shop. I say we see pics of what NightHawk stated since he knows his stuff and then let this new shop prove himself. Face it we need a shop to get this thing available so everyone isnt re inventing the wheel.

KMOD, I would update your pics ASAP and get the ebay junk off. Please keep in mind that ALL forums are negative so this isnt anything new. Just ignore it and lets see you back up your work.
00suprchrgdAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00suprchrgdAV6 View Post
KMOD, I would update your pics ASAP and get the ebay junk off. Please keep in mind that ALL forums are negative so this isnt anything new. Just ignore it and lets see you back up your work.
I agree, when I first looked on the website the pics threw me off and I thought it was an eBay kit. Negativity goes thru all forums, don't take it personally
DiceX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM   #18

KMOD: I've seen you over at CRSX, how can you possibly say anything is negative when coming from there? Lol.

With that said, you aren't the first to try to sell turbo kits. As a shop owner/fabricator, I'd expect a little more in terms of "business conduct" on your part. It seems like you're a nice guy, but dude you posted pictures of an eBay kit. What did you expect? We aren't noobs, we know what the eBay kits look like. You probably shouldn't have posted any pictures if you didn't make any kits honestly.

I've seen the stuff you do for your RSX and have no doubt that you can do some good stuff. So please, when you get pictures of the setup you have done, post them up. I'm sure this will take a turn for the better. Keep us updated.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #19
Engine Building & Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00suprchrgdAV6 View Post
Guys please keep in mind that he hasnt tried to sell them on this site yet so that is why he is getting irritated. This was posted by a member who knows the shop. I say we see pics of what NightHawk stated since he knows his stuff and then let this new shop prove himself. Face it we need a shop to get this thing available so everyone isnt re inventing the wheel.

We have not tried to sell this kit to anyone other than the cutsomer who ask us to build it for him. I came across this site do the fact that it mentioned our shops name. The only reason I posted was to clarify that we do not sell an EBAY kit and by no means is this kit a POS.

This turbo kit should be done sometime this week, and we will have updated pics posted in the Customer Builds Section up shortly. (piping, connectors, etc)

We have also updated the pic on the website. If we would have known that the pic would cast a bad light on us we would not have used it.(did not know that it was an EBAY pic)

Sorry guys if I came across rude, it just that I take great pride in what I do. I was greatly offended by the EBAY POS comment and it set me off. My work is my lively hood and I cant let anyone spread word that our products are EBAY POS. KMOD Performance is the source($) for of my food, shelter, entertainment, hobbies, etc so I cant afford to let its name be soured.

Once again, I do appologize for my rudeness.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

Last edited by KM0D-Kese; July 7th, 2011 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: typo
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #20
Engine Building & Tuning

To see more examples of our work see below links:

KMOD RSX Shop Car links
www-dot-honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2911367
www-dot-k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89764

KMOD Performance Videos
www-dot-youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E8CDD1F932F2582
www-dot-youtube.com/user/kmodkese?blend=2&ob=5#p/u
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #21
Bobby Lane Racing

looks good Marquis, didn't mean to sound bashing and i apologize if I did. Keep up the good work bro
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #22

I want this.
1greek4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #23
Greg

Send a message via AIM to nellynel8512
subscribed, very interested in how this kit turns out?
nellynel8512 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #24

This turbo kit can be run on a mostly stock accord correct? I've heard of civics popping motors with bolt on turbo kits. But I assume that's from running too much boost?
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #25
Engine Building & Tuning

Quote:
This turbo kit can be run on a mostly stock accord correct? I've heard of civics popping motors with bolt on turbo kits. But I assume that's from running too much boost?
Weve done turbo kits on B-series(2.0L) w/ internally stock engines up thru 500whp, and K-series(2.4L) over 600whp. Its all about proper tuning. w/o tuning or poor tuning you can "Pop" and engine at low boost. Detonation will kill and engine quick.

This customer only wants to run this turbo kit on low boost. With and gine of this size(3.0L) at only 5-7psi, it should be extremely safe.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #26

God, there's some sick ass cars on here.
Roca Fella Brya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #27

haha nighthawk WILL bust your balls until the truth is extracted...
ahhhz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #28
Engine Building & Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhz View Post
haha nighthawk WILL bust your balls until the truth is extracted...
Truth?

More pics coming soon(Later today)

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #29
Engine Building & Tuning

Does anyone know of another 03 Accord V6 w/ a turbo kit on it. Ours came out pretty nice, and I'de like to compare ours to others. We may have to raise the price b/c this kit took more than the estimated time to fab up.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #30
Engine Building & Tuning

Cant post pics yet, but take a look at these.

www-dot-flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in