Accord V6 Forum banner

j35a Swap

23K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  bdbconcepts 
#1 ·
Has anyone done of these? I found one pretty cheap and was wondering what I would need.

#11 · (Edited)
yo...

let's clarify some things...

a j35a4 and a j35a8 both fit the

TL type S MANUAL transmission that came with a J35a8 engine....
2007-2008 ACURA TL Type S....

the older pilot and ody motors fit for the 6th gen because of sensor sets and ALSO the bell housing fits the 2003-2007 Honda 6mt accord transmission or the 2004-2206 acura tl 6mt transmission...

I hope this helps you....:p

fyi...I would go j32a3 and bore it out and use a MDX crankshaft (j36)

or buy a j35a8.....which then means you need different bell housing for the regular 6mt accord or acura tl 6mt tranny to work...or you could get a j35a8 6mt...

#13 ·
let's clarify some things...

a j35a4 and a j35a8 both fit the

TL type S MANUAL transmission that came with a J35a8 engine....
2007-2008 ACURA TL Type S....

the older pilot and ody motors fit for the 6th gen because of sensor sets and ALSO the bell housing fits the 2003-2007 Honda 6mt accord transmission or the 2004-2206 acura tl 6mt transmission...

I hope this helps you....:p

fyi...I would go j32a3 and bore it out and use a MDX crankshaft (j36)

or buy a j35a8.....which then means you need different bell housing for the regular 6mt accord or acura tl 6mt tranny to work...or you could get a j35a8 6mt...

Yes this help me.

I don't care about the sensor. I want to know for the bell housing.

So if I want to go MT with j35 from MDX 2004-2006 or RL 2005+ I need the MT from TL-S 07-08 ?? this same MT fit on J37 ??

THANKS ALOT for your help.

#21 · (Edited)
that is correct...
also you can use a regular tl 6MT transmission and
just buy the different bellhousing....:p:p

my personal opinion I have never seen the j35a8 cylinder head or valves in person.....

but I like the j32a3 valves and I think the motor is very strokeable and is made easier to breathe better by some port and polishing......

#29 ·
yo...

It is the second revision of the single exit exhaust head...
1st model was j30a4...
so From Honda the j32a3 was designed to flow more exhaust and have diff cam profiles to achieve the 270hp...
but they (exhaust ports)look the same...
my biggest notice was that the j32a3 valve is cut diff than the j30a4...or at least the ones I have run into....
I think these valves flow better because of the way they are cut on the backside....looks like more air in the low range...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.