Custom catback - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #1

Custom catback

If I were to do a custom exhaust setup on my 03 accord coupe v6 what is the diameter of the stock piping from the cat leading to the y pipe that I would need? And stainless steel is best material right?
Nick000468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2011, 02:58 AM   #2

If you read and search a lil more on the forum you will find different kind of setups that work for different people and depending of what you want I know you are new but i was once there and i read all the threads till i found what i wanted use the search tool up in the forum and type exhaust it will give you a lot of results of threads....
elliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #3

Yes I've been doing a lot of searching. I have an extra magnaflow catback exhaust off my Mazda model number 15803 and was wondering if I could fab it up somehow. It is all 2.25 piping so I was thinking of doing a custom pipe leading up to the y. The only concern I have is that the mufflers are offset going in and center out and as a result would affect performance/tone. Any input on this would be appreciated!

Old August 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #4

2.5-2.75 mid pipe split to 2.25 or 2.5.

It really depends if you can find 2.75 piping.

Just know that the stock cat outlet is only 2.25 and uptop where the primary cats are they are 2-2.25 in? i dont remember.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #5

Do you want performance? Sound? Both? If you want performance, go 3in. If you primarily want the sound, go 2.5in from the cat. I saw just get rid of the cat, the primary cats underthe hood do 90% of the work anyway. Magnaflow makes great mufflers as do Vibrant/Dynomax/Flowmaster/Apexi/Greddy, etc.

I wouldn't try to hack up the Mazda exhaust. Try selling it then getting either a custom catback, or look in the classified section.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #6

I redid my whole exhaust today. Had Magnaflow mufflers installed, from the mufflers to the y I had 3" stainless pipe installed. Had the resonator and midmuffler removed and replaced with a straight stainless steel 3" pipe. The sound is amazing... and the car seems to breath alot easier. Maybe its just me but it drives alot 'peppier'.
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #7

^ +1 ....our exhaust is 2.25 if you want performance with good tone and not that much of sound do a test pipe and 2.5 all the way back from there with 1 or 2 reso
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #8
SFL AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes View Post
I redid my whole exhaust today. Had Magnaflow mufflers installed, from the mufflers to the y I had 3" stainless pipe installed. Had the resonator and midmuffler removed and replaced with a straight stainless steel 3" pipe. The sound is amazing... and the car seems to breath alot easier. Maybe its just me but it drives alot 'peppier'.
Start a thread in performance section, post some vids and pics. Thank you sir

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jiga21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #9

Will do... Ill try my best to take pics and sounds as best as I could. Alittle late right now but once its sunny ill get my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiga21 View Post
Start a thread in performance section, post some vids and pics. Thank you sir
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #10

sonnick thanks- def gonna scrap that idea and just sell them

sonnick and elliot- yes exactly, i want performance with a good tone and not too much sound..but what/where is a test pipe and same for the reso's? my exhaust is stock right now but ill be getting rich's v3 j pipe soon. Should i wait to do the custom catback after i buy the j pipe?

jiga and stokes- yes that would be awesome post some vids/pics! much appreciated!
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #11
SFL AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes View Post
Will do... Ill try my best to take pics and sounds as best as I could. Alittle late right now but once its sunny ill get my camera.
No rush lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #12
SFL AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick000468 View Post
sonnick thanks- def gonna scrap that idea and just sell them

sonnick and elliot- yes exactly, i want performance with a good tone and not too much sound..but what/where is a test pipe and same for the reso's? my exhaust is stock right now but ill be getting rich's v3 j pipe soon. Should i wait to do the custom catback after i buy the j pipe?

jiga and stokes- yes that would be awesome post some vids/pics! much appreciated!
I would wait to do custom catback after jpipe install, plus the 1 peice jpipe v3 replaces 3rd cat (more performance and more sound with the catback exhaust of course)

Old August 17th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #13

if you are going with j-pipe just wait and with that you would not need the test pipe....test pipe is to delete the 3rd catalytic that is right after de j-pipe RV6 long tube J-pipe takes care of that if you want something not agressive go with j-pipe, 2.5 " straight pipe to a single 2.5" magnaflow reso going out on a dual 2.5" exit to the mufflers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in