Turbo feed line - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Registered User
 
emtdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Turbo feed line

Where do you tap in for the oil feed line for a 04 accord 2dr v6 6spd? I know the return is on the oil pan.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
emtdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Registered User
 
v66spd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: kettering,ohio
Posts: 160
go buy an adapter the will thread into where your oil pressure switch is,the adapter should have two spots where u can thread your pressure switch back into and a hole where u can adapt your oil feed line to the turbo.thanks the only thing i can think of. or you can get on ebay and buy an oil filter sandwich adapter.lol dont know how well those work?!?!?
v66spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Registered User
 
emtdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by v66spd View Post
go buy an adapter the will thread into where your oil pressure switch is,the adapter should have two spots where u can thread your pressure switch back into and a hole where u can adapt your oil feed line to the turbo.thanks the only thing i can think of. or you can get on ebay and buy an oil filter sandwich adapter.lol dont know how well those work?!?!?
Thanks. Do you think i can find athe adapter at a hardware store like HomeDepot or Ace Hardware?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
emtdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old October 11th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #4
★★★★
 
MoneyPit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,138
Just grab an oil filter sandwich online, it's the most convenient way to run fill lines.
MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #5
Registered User
 
emtdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPit View Post
Just grab an oil filter sandwich online, it's the most convenient way to run fill lines.
So the j30A1 filter sandwich will fit the j30A4? I can only find the 6th gen filter sandwhich.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
emtdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Registered User
 
v66spd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: kettering,ohio
Posts: 160
hardware store is probly your best bet. the thing with the sandwhiches is i dont know how well they will work with the location on out oil filters.line and what not may get in the way or be exposed to the whole open area.idk i guess by one and try it. there cheap. and also if u get one for a honda it will be the same. all hondas take the same oil filter besides the s2k's just for info.
v66spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #7
Registered User
 
rollaboy_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
The oil sandwich is what kmod uses for the turbo kits for the accords according to the pics. Probly easiest to use.
rollaboy_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 197
The sandwich adapter will work like moneypit said! I see your boosting?
bboy_trevstuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #9
Registered User
 
emtdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Cool thanks for the replies. Im going to go with the sandwich plate and see how that work if not ill do fittings.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
emtdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #10
Registered User
 
emtdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy_trevstuh View Post
The sandwich adapter will work like moneypit said! I see your boosting?
Yes im going boost. I bought the greddy emanage here and i ordered the boomslang harness. Its actually installed already im planning on boosting 8lbs on stock motor with upgraded injectors. They say our v6 motors can handle 8lbs. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
emtdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #11
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtdiaz View Post
Yes im going boost. I bought the greddy emanage here and i ordered the boomslang harness. Its actually installed already im planning on boosting 8lbs on stock motor with upgraded injectors. They say our v6 motors can handle 8lbs. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
make sure you have a good exhaust setup...meaning a great exhaust setup before the turbo with no pre cats and also making sure you a good downpipe setup...
I am currently building a turbo kit...
I am using a tial 44mm wastegate
I am using a side by side inlet/outlet intercooler..
23x11x3 or a 25x12x3 is the size I plan to use...
I am making my own exhaust flanges
(at the exit point of the cylinder head)(already done!!)
the main thing is to make sure the 2 exhaust pipes coming to turbo are equal length....then make sure that have a good merge...(this is what I am currently working on!!!)
for a turbo it really depends on you...
auto i recommend a 55mm turbo...
6mt i am using a 65mm turbo...
i try to use a precision turbo or turbonetics turbo...
turbos come in all shapes but 3 things to look for...
how is the internal bearing setup...
what is the size of the turbo? what is the trim on the intake side of the turbo?
I prefer garrett internals...they handle power and abuse very well...

the next thing is the exhaust setup from the turbo...
I look for a 5 bolt or a vband with a 3" flange...
I got my 3" downpipe almost done!!!
a lot of turbos come with smaller exhaust flange and I don't recommend those...
If you got any more questions...pm me!!!
I am currently fabricating the exhaust and waiting on parts to come in..
I am making a turbo kit for me and 3 other members...
I will be using 600cc injectors or rdx injectors...
I will be using the FIC for engine management...
I have 3 TL's in the area I have personally tuned with the FIC
2 run sc. 1 runs a turbo kit...
I am using the oil filter sandwich plate for my oil line plumbing....the only other thing is to make sure the oil drain line is straight up and down and not angled...this is very important because the drain is gravity based...
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #12
Registered User
 
emtdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbconcepts View Post
make sure you have a good exhaust setup...meaning a great exhaust setup before the turbo with no pre cats and also making sure you a good downpipe setup...
I am currently building a turbo kit...
I am using a tial 44mm wastegate
I am using a side by side inlet/outlet intercooler..
23x11x3 or a 25x12x3 is the size I plan to use...
I am making my own exhaust flanges
(at the exit point of the cylinder head)(already done!!)
the main thing is to make sure the 2 exhaust pipes coming to turbo are equal length....then make sure that have a good merge...(this is what I am currently working on!!!)
for a turbo it really depends on you...
auto i recommend a 55mm turbo...
6mt i am using a 65mm turbo...
i try to use a precision turbo or turbonetics turbo...
turbos come in all shapes but 3 things to look for...
how is the internal bearing setup...
what is the size of the turbo? what is the trim on the intake side of the turbo?
I prefer garrett internals...they handle power and abuse very well...

the next thing is the exhaust setup from the turbo...
I look for a 5 bolt or a vband with a 3" flange...
I got my 3" downpipe almost done!!!
a lot of turbos come with smaller exhaust flange and I don't recommend those...
If you got any more questions...pm me!!!
I am currently fabricating the exhaust and waiting on parts to come in..
I am making a turbo kit for me and 3 other members...
I will be using 600cc injectors or rdx injectors...
I will be using the FIC for engine management...
I have 3 TL's in the area I have personally tuned with the FIC
2 run sc. 1 runs a turbo kit...
I am using the oil filter sandwich plate for my oil line plumbing....the only other thing is to make sure the oil drain line is straight up and down and not angled...this is very important because the drain is gravity based...
Thanks for the tips. I have the exhaust piping done and i did make sure that both pipe are equal. i picked up the greddy emanage with boost pressure sensor a while back for management. I Have a question though. what size injectors would be good for 7-8 psi and are the injectors plug n play?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
emtdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM   #13
Registered User
 
v66spd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: kettering,ohio
Posts: 160
some of these tips dont make since.but everyone has there own opinions of things.kmod just completed a custom setup using the pre-cats and pushed out good numbers.as far as making both exhaust manifold pipes the same. length?i dont see how that is possible consider the rear bank sits further back.and also whats the major piont of having a big exhaust down pipe.i think 2.5 is plenty.unless u want to crazy anoying exhaust.but like i said everyone has there differences.good luck with the builds..
v66spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On