k&n intake - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Frank

k&n intake

hey guys,

Is anybody runnning this intake:

http://images.autoanything.com/image..._n/69-1207.pdf

if you are r u happy with it? the reason i want this one is that i can run it without the cold air extension.

apparently noone makes a short ram intake for the v6 03-07 model, which is what i want.

thanks for any info =)
06accordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #2
SSM_AV6-6

The 04 Accord I test drove had the short K&N on there. The sound and throttle response were excellent, she lit up the tires from a roll in second gear lol. If the interest in Paul's SRI continues to wane, I will buy this and do the same, use the SRI portion. You can get them for just about $200 even for the whole thing, which is not a bad price at all. K&N claims 10 whp with their CAI for our cars.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #3
Frank

thanks nhb,

think i'm gonna go ahead and buy it next paycheck. =)
marcusvici likes this.

Old February 4th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Mr. Detail

Looking at getting one as well. My local Pep Boys either has them in stock or can get them in one day.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Quicksilver

this is the intake i have. i use it as a SRI because I didnt want to worry about driving in heavy rain. ill post a pic of it tomorrow cuz the old pic i have is crappy.

oh and btw, im very happy with it! you can feel and hear the difference! GET IT!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
davesv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #6

I like! Good for the rainy weather. just take it off. and make it a short ram
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #7
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Looking at getting one as well. My local Pep Boys either has them in stock or can get them in one day.
Check the price. I checked Autozone, and they sell them for $100 more than you can get them for on Ebay and Amazon. You can get the Spectre universal SRI and 3" filter for $60, just have to saw it to less than half length. Make sure you get this one; the one that you can use to build a custom CAI with doesn't have the hole for the tube that runs from the intake to the rear valve cover.

Spectre Performance/Intake Kit - Performance (8219) | 2003 Honda Accord EX 6 Cylinders 3.0L MFI VTEC | AutoZone.com
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #8
Frank

intake

thanks for the extra info nhb.

now i have more choices i guess, but i don't want to go the cheapest route cos most of the time you're disappointed with the results.

A picture of your intake would be nice to see for those of us who r still looking for a good SRI.

please post a pic of your SRI if you guys got one.

Old February 5th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #9
SSM_AV6-6

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

I would recommend buying a 3" K&N cone if you buy this. I bought one from Oreilly's without a size, because it looked like it would fit perfectly on the 3" pipe. Nope, either 1/4 or 1/2 inch too big :| Disregard the bend on the filter, I tried forcing the pipe past the lip on the inside of the filter coupler so that I didn't have to cut the pipe a second time :P For $60, a trip to the nearest parts store and a 30 minute install, I'm pretty happy. Can actually hear v-atak now
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #10
Quicksilver

its up to you.....heres how mine looks
[IMG][/IMG]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Frank

intake

davesv6,

your pic just made up my mind, bro.

looks clean and perfect fit, exactly what i was searching for.

thanks
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #12
Quicksilver

^well im just glad i could help. i really felt the difference after i put the intake on. your gonna be 100% satisfied!

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Frank

placed order for the k&n intake =)
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #14
Quicksilver

Niiiiiiice!!!!
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #15

That looks like a pretty clean setup. I'm ordering mine from Andys Auto tonight.
BLKV6MTCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #16

I am running this K&N on my 07 coupe as a SRI. It is a noticeable improvement. I love the throttle response. The one drawback that I do experience is that on hot days, maybe 80 degrees or warmer there is a drop in performance.
Red Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #17

I prefer the "long" tube application to pull "cooler" air, and not from the engine compartment.
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #18

I would have preferred the “Long Tube” application as well, but being my daily driver, I was concerned about a water issue, with how low the intake was positioned
Red Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #19
Quicksilver

i dont notice a drop in performance at all. and i live in TX, its hot often. but when its cold, like it is now, i dont feel any difference due to the outside temp.

Old February 18th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #20
Frank

update

so got the intake on friday, went with the polished intake instead of the red one.

Old February 18th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #21
Frank

installed intake

had a hell of a time removing the stock intake, the intake resonator just would not come out, so i got pissed off and was tempted to use the sawzall to cut it all off.

ended up just cutting some pieces off with tin snips and managed to take the resonator off. anyway, it turned out fantastic IMHO. LOL

thanks again dave
i'm very happy with the intake and in the summer i may make it into a cold air intake.
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #22
Quicksilver

it looks great!! i like the polished finish. and no problem, im just happy that your happy! ive been thinking of trying mine out as a CAI as well. just gotta wait till this rainy weather clears up.

Old February 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #23

Looks great guys. I can't decide on red or polished once I have the cash.. they both look excellent. Quick question... Is it necessary to bypass the TB coolant line? Id rather not due to my climate in upstate NY. It looks very straightforward but how are K&N's directions out of curiosity?
Sedan66MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #24
Frank

sedan66mt

got the intake for $211 + 18 tax & free shipping at this place: Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts, Truck Parts & Auto Body Parts Online - Free Shipping on most Auto Accessories & Performance Parts AutoPartsWarehouse

you can see the installation instructions when u click on the link on the very first post.

the tools you'll need r listed with the instructions, the only hard part for me was taking the intake resonator off cos it's a big piece that didn't come apart and there was a bolt that was hard to reach.

good luck with the new toy =)

i may have to start saving for an aftermarket cat back exhaust. lol
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #25

Thats same exact setup I have, and in few days I plan to get the CAI setup because I found out in order to hydro lock the filter has to be submerged for at least 5 sec of water, and I would recommend the filter net placed on because it will help keep it cleaner.
BURNED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #26
Quicksilver

thats why i have my filter net on. and im also thinking of trying it out as a CAI. But it can also hydro lock if its in heavy rain and sucking up a significant amount of water right?

Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesv6 View Post
thats why i have my filter net on. and im also thinking of trying it out as a CAI. But it can also hydro lock if its in heavy rain and sucking up a significant amount of water right?
I run this intake as a CAI and from what i heard from people i talk to about this is that your filter needs to be somewhat submerged in water while accelerating. Just what ive heard. I have driven in rain before and its been fine so far. However, I have not driven with it in a storm or anything like that.
RCChin31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:50 PM   #28
Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCChin31 View Post
I run this intake as a CAI and from what i heard from people i talk to about this is that your filter needs to be somewhat submerged in water while accelerating. Just what ive heard. I have driven in rain before and its been fine so far. However, I have not driven with it in a storm or anything like that.
see and thats what im worried about. if i get caught in heavy rain id be worried to keep driving. i wonder if there is a huge difference from a CAI and SRI. like if the difference is worth the risk ya know??? wish there was some dyno tests to actually see the difference.

Old February 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #29
Carpe Diem

I have the K&N intake and I've used it as both a CAI and a SRI and I've noticed no difference in power or even much difference in sound. I keep it as a SRI now because I'm not trying to hydrolock my engine...again.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #30
Frank

thanks for the info

ikethegreat,

thanks for the info.

i didnt wanna take a chance on hydrolocking the engine just in case i had to drive through a partially flooded intersection.
why would i drive through a partially flooded intersection you ask, well i'm crazy and i don't give a s hit that's why. lol

the other reason i didnt wanna add the extension later on is that once i install something i dont wanna mess with it anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in