Android Torque App - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #1
SSM_AV6-6

Android Torque App

Has anybody messed around with this thing? It seems cheap enough to take a chance on, at only $25 shipped for the bluetooth OBD2 plug in and the droid app DL. Murphy's Law won, and I was not able to get a clean onramp acceleration reading because for the first time ever the interstate was flogged in the early afternoon, but I did get a second gear HP pull on flat land, though it was incomplete due to reading peak HP at 5476 rpm lol. Also, I don't know if the CEL clear function actually works. As soon as I plugged it in it gave me the reading of the stored P0430 code, so I cleared it, and despite the CEL being off for the last three days, and the codes being cleared at that point, when I got home it still said the code was stored, even though the CEL never came back on? Our our ECUs that big of a pain in the ass?

I compared the dyno to Atlas' baseline dyno in the beginning of his thread, the reading of 192 hp @ 5476 seems right on par with his reading barely above 190 whp @ about 5500 when his car had I/E on a low reading Mustang dyno. I will have to wait until after work tonight to see what the 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 acceleration reads.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #2

so i wont be the only one using this anymore... LOL
Atlas.46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #3

sounds cool, where do you get the adapter?
dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #4

I use it too with a cheap bt adapter, though I think the cheap ones might not access everything, seems like more of the data points should be accessible.

Some codes can be cleared with it, they show up in yellow . The ones in red either have to self clear or require the ecu to be cleared by disconnecting the battery after the part its replaced. One code I had actually state in the factory service manual to fully reset the ecu. I skipped that and it never cleared, so I finally unhooked the battery and it went away .

Either way, torque is pretty sweet .

Sent from my cm9 TouchPad
kingmoocow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #5

i cant find this for my samsung tablet.
wayacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #6

Some apps won't show in the Marketplace if it's "not supported" by the manufacturer. Look for it on the website market (https://market.android.com/details?i...h_result&pli=1) from a PC, and you should be able to log in, and then below the "buy" button it should state if it's compatible with your device or not. If it's not compatible, you should contact the developer to get them to either list it as supported or potentially correct what doesn't work.

Sometimes incompatibilities are just because of a slightly different native resolution on a device not being in the "supported" list.
kingmoocow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #7

Ah thanks for the tip. I will give that a try. This sounds like a good simple tool and more accurate than the butt dyno.
wayacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #8
SSM_AV6-6

Yeah I did a third gear pull and it read back 186 hp @ 5100 RPMs, so if nothing it's consistent. I want to find out why it keeps reading peak output well below redline though. Everything else seems pretty precise.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in