XLR8 V2 J-pipe + Stage 2 Exhaust mod - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1

XLR8 V2 J-pipe + Stage 2 Exhaust mod

As most of you are aware, Excelerate is doing a group by for the new XLR8 V2 J-pipe. As soon the group buy reaches the number, I will be purchasing it.
Most of you have seen the link to the Acura 4-Stages exhaust mod thread by now. I've decided I want to do the Stage 2 mod in addition to the j-pipe. And was wondering how much of a sound/power difference this will make.
I've heard different people say different things in regards to the sound difference with the J-pipe, and was wondering if the J-pipe + Stage 2 exhaust mod would make it much louder?
Any thoughts?
chipperf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #2

Make it much louder than what? Stock? Or Stage 2 without the Jpipe?

The general consensus (myself included) is that the Jpipes really don't do much in terms of making the exhaust 'louder.' The Jpipe will change the tone of the exhaust though. It may get slightly louder, but not enough to say "man, after the install of the Jpipe my exhaust is too loud." More like "oh wow, I really like the change in tone and am pretty excited it didn't get much louder and still gave me the oooo ahhhhh feeling in my butt without having to resort to ghey s3x."
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #3
SSM_AV6-6

Lmao. I am actually thinking about keeping my mufflers and replacing everything from the pcd back through the midpipe. I just dont know if I want to risk getting pulled over for an exhaust in my the accord and having them pop the hood, game over. Happened to a friend, had to return exhaust to stock in 30 days even though it was just an apexi catback :| Will take the few HP loss.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #4

^^ Just for a catback? That's crazy. You could always go for the HFPCs from Richie, which apparently yield similar gains when compared to the PCDs and still keep the cats in place. Best of both worlds
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #5
SSM_AV6-6

How similar? Any dynos? I found that on their site, and am kinda interested, but its a lot more $$ and I have no idea about the performance gain. I just know that the magnaflow HFCat for my old solara was supposed to give you 1-2 hp lol
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #6

Still cheaper than even 1 OEM cat

Honestly, if the PCDs gain 10-12whp untuned, the HFCs will probably do 7-9. The difference really should be almost negligible. I'm not 100% sure if any dynos were done to be honest, so I could be speculating. But you will definitely gain more than 1-2hp.
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #7
SSM_AV6-6

true. Wonder if a shop would actually be willing to install these? Is there anybody here or on azine that has these?
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #8

AZine sure. Here, not sure.
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #9

What's the cost of the jpipe
07_accord_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #10
SSM_AV6-6

$400 if we get a few more to buy one in the groupbuy thread by the end of this week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in