So I have V6 auto caliper/rotors on my 6MT coupe??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #1

So I have V6 auto caliper/rotors on my 6MT coupe???

So I was attempting to change my brakes tonight after work when I noticed that the front rotors i took off were smaller than the ones I purchased (11.8"). I tried to put them on but the caliper on the car wont accommodate them.

The caliper on the car now is marked Nissin 15-NV 23T (assuming the bracket is 23T)so the larger rotors dont fit.

I measured the rotors I took off and they are 11.1" which are for the other V6 models i assume.

Why would someone replace the entire coupe brake assembly for something smaller/less effecient?

I did the rears but I need to do the front because the rotors arent in the best shape. What options do I have here to use these 11.8" I purchased?

Get oem coupe 6mt caliper/bracket?

Get RL caliper/bracket?

My buddy said i can run the legend GS calipers but I'll the legend rotors because they are thicker than the coupe 6mt.
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #2
TrakCord

i know whos car you own...the front rotors are automatic accord rotors, the accord you own was a buddy of mine's, i helped him work on it. The auto accord rotors weigh 5lbs less than the 6mt rotors we were trying to create less rotational mass for that little bit extra acceleration, we figured what the hey its a street car and why have these big ass brakes that are gonna have all this extra weigh for no reason and ultimately slow you down, if you want increased bite or pad logevity get some Hawk HPS or HP Plus the pads interchange from Auto Accord to 6mt accord no issues there.... Also you asked about the sensor on the airbox well this was a Intake Air Temp relocation to get the actual temp of the air coming into the airbox and not the heat soaked air and sensor that is currently directly after your throttle body, again just one of those small attempts to get a little extra edge. Lastly, and i know this car inside and out becuz i worked on it for many years so dont freak out lol. The engine you have in that car is not the original one it was replaced with a very very healthy engine to say the least, the compression on your engine is a good 20-30 psi higher than the factory engines of the years 2003-2005, it is more like the 2006-2007 engines but better. Lets just say there is a beast in there waiting to be unleashed . That engine was... and i kno wut im about to say is gonna get some serious questions but that engine was at one point pushing very close to 300WHP on stock ECU.... I could go on and on but feel free to contact me with any questions. The last thing is IDK if the clutch was replaced but i know it left his hands with a clutch on its way out. Glad to see someone is going to take care of it though.

Last edited by AccordingLO; February 18th, 2012 at 06:35 PM..
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Slammed & Stunning

Send a message via AIM to MatthewYu
Lol i would be shocked to death if I heard all that all about my car.. Not in a bad way tho
MatthewYu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #4

@Cubanob247: Is it still a J30A4? What were the full specs on it when it had 300whp?
gwiffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #5
TrakCord

theres nothing to be worried about, i mean idk how many times the cars changed hands since he sold it but that motor was healthy when it left him.
And to be clear it never actually hit 300whp but it was close, so depending on the weather and if the a/c & p/s belts were bypassed and engine maintenance it could fluctuate as much as 10-12whp, so it could have gone mid 280's then jumped mid 290's on occasion i mean you never make the same exact horsepower all year round lol.. and full specs? i mean it is still a J30a4 yes, it pretty much just had alot of breather mods,
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #6

wow! lol thats good to tho. to be honest, I was hoping someone here knew this car. I dont have any real props with it, I love this car...fast as fawk. The clutch is good, no issues since owning it since the beginning of November. Ill hit u up for further questions on the car....i have one small question. Thanks for the info bro.

Sent from Samsung Epic
Old February 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #7
TrakCord

pmed
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #8
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
just get RL set up. well worth it.
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in