help please - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1
andrew

help please

ok so ive looking into getting a catback for my 03 sedan and ive been looking through different threads and what not im still not sure on exactly what will work
so far im seeing that a coupe catback will work if i get it extended and the 7.5 gen sedan will fit but the tips will stick out some
i know there is a magnaflow catback but dont really want to go that route no offense to those who have it lol
just if some can tell me if thats all that will work or post up their setups so i can get an idea that would be a big help thanks guys
hubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #2
SSM_AV6-6

Why not? I'd much rather have the Magnaflow sedan catback than the coupe version (and I had this on my last AV6). You can have one custom made. What kind of mods do you have? If you've got plenty of mods I would go 3" custom. Cheaper than a manufactured catback, and much better. Not to mention if you don't want the Magnaflow for the sedan, you're going to have to spend even more to get one altered to fit.

For my car I bought a big 30" long Magnaflow resonator, a Magnaflow 2.5"dual to 3" single y-pipe, and Magnaflow oval mufflers, which were too long (you should get the 14" instead of 18" long ones) so I went with some Dynomax Super Turbos at the local parts store.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Came in at about $450, installed, with the labor and all of the piping included.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3
andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHB_AV6-6 View Post
Why not? I'd much rather have the Magnaflow sedan catback than the coupe version (and I had this on my last AV6). You can have one custom made. What kind of mods do you have? If you've got plenty of mods I would go 3" custom. Cheaper than a manufactured catback, and much better. Not to mention if you don't want the Magnaflow for the sedan, you're going to have to spend even more to get one altered to fit......
mods as far as performance this will be my first like i said nothing against those that do have magnaflow lol...im not looking to do anything crazy this and a intake i might do more later but ill be happy with that i dont want to get ahead of myself
as far as why im not sure on the magnaflow some clips ive heard onlie sound pretty good but the majority ive seen im not really feeling it idk just want some more options to make sure im getting what i want

Old March 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4
SSM_AV6-6

Well the theory behind the 3" exhaust would be that you're not losing anything down low with that size on a mildly modded car (mine actually feels easier to drive around town)...but you won't have to upgrade later on if you do decide to do more modifications. Also, it is simply cheaper than nearly any manufactured catback you can buy.

A few threads down you can find the Fujitsubo exhaust for the Accord sedan from XLR8 performance :thumbup:
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #5
andrew

Ya thx bro saw it already that's y I got the idea that anything that will fit a 06-07 will fit 03-05
I was thinking maybe greddy mufflers then custom piping any muffler shop would be able to add resonator though right or should I get one from magnaflow then throw it on a custom setup
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #6
SSM_AV6-6

Order whatever parts you can, don't pay the overhead for a shop's mufflers and such. They tried telling me both mufflers would be $210 but I bought them for $150 shipped online.
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #7
andrew

cool thx bro any other sedan owners with setups please post them up
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Quicksilver

well just so you know, you cant really get the true Magnaflow sound from the clips. all the clips i have, and have seen, sound nothing like what it actually sounds like in person. and so far, all the people that ive talked to about it have been 100% happy w their magnaflow. except 1 person. but good luck with your set up. and take sound clips so you can be the judge, cuz sound clips really dont do any exhaust justice. its one of those things u have to really hear in person.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
davesv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #9
andrew

Anyone else with advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in