Accord V6 Forum banner

Best 7thgen clutch?

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  FoXD!e 
#1 ·
I have a 6thgen and placing in a 7thgen 6spd tranny in it and I have the OEM clutch but it came off the junked 7thgen so I'm not sure what condition its in ... I see i few hot spots on the fly wheel so I'm thinking of just replacing the whole thing. My question is does anyone have any recommendations on which kit I should get or which ones I should stay away from. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#5 ·
Just checked and my price cant compete with what i just found google searching the part number. :-( Part number is HCK1007 But also going through another supplier and waiting to see if they carry Exedy or the other brands we can use.

#11 ·
$1234 shipped from XLR8. The downside is it took almost 2 months to get it. These kits are made to order.

The kit includes the lightweight flywheel. I would skip stage 1 and 2 and pay a little more to get the stage 3. If you do get the stage 3, ask for the fiber tough disc. The Kevlar disc that comes with the stage 3 kit will not last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.