Magnaflow Mufflers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Humble

Magnaflow Mufflers

So im about to put some Mufflers on my 03 v6 coupe. I Really want to put the magnaflows cause they sound perfect to me, not ricey or REAL loud like some mufflers. Im also gonna have an Aem v2 Intake with that, and im doing the install by myself since i have my own shop. But my question is, Which muffler would i get? Any one here with an Magnaflow muffler? Think i can get the part #? Or can i just go with an universal muffler?
7gv6coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #2

I'm running dual Magnaflow #14829s with custom 2.5 inch piping (no resonator). It sounds awesome :P
Mikemasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemasta View Post
I'm running dual Magnaflow #14829s with custom 2.5 inch piping (no resonator). It sounds awesome :P
How much did that setup run you (parts and labor)?
FollowingNFront is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Humble

You think just the 14829's give a nice sound ?
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowingNFront View Post
How much did that setup run you (parts and labor)?
Well I bought the mufflers for $130 plus tax each (x2), and the piping from the converter back cost $140 parts and labor. Overall it came to around $430 or so with taxes and everything for the whole setup. I bought the mufflers from a local parts shop but you can probably find them online even cheaper.

7gv6coupe: I'm very satisfied with the sound, it's very deep and throaty. Very aggressive sounding. I get alot of compliments for it! There is very little drone on the highway but it doesn't really bother me.
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemasta View Post
Well I bought the mufflers for $130 plus tax each (x2), and the piping from the converter back cost $140 parts and labor. Overall it came to around $430 or so with taxes and everything for the whole setup. I bought the mufflers from a local parts shop but you can probably find them online even cheaper.

7gv6coupe: I'm very satisfied with the sound, it's very deep and throaty. Very aggressive sounding. I get alot of compliments for it! There is very little drone on the highway but it doesn't really bother me.
Yeah but what I meant was like if I got just the mufflers with out the piping that u got and the resonator delete yenno? Will it still sound good?

Last edited by 7gv6coupe; May 4th, 2012 at 10:36 PM..
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gv6coupe View Post
Yeah but what I meant was like if I got just the mufflers with out the piping that u got and the resonator delete yenno? Will it still sound good?
Yeah it should sound just as good. I don't think the piping should make too much of a difference to the sound. My only concern though is the inlet of the muffler is 2.25'' and the stock piping is 1.75''...that's the main reason I upgraded my piping, but I guess you can always try to fit a sleeve and expand one part to fit the muffler and clamp the other to the existing piping. Does your shop have a pipe expander?
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #8

Any of you guys used flowmasters before? My friends dad works for them and can get me a good deal. Any opinions?
Jakefrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #9

yea i agree with mike the best sound i got was form my magnaflow exhaust and it cost me about the same. i dont know exactly which one i have there but i think its the universal and i love the sound. i also have no resignators tho and a test pipe with a SRI costum
samaccv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #10
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakefrom View Post
Any of you guys used flowmasters before? My friends dad works for them and can get me a good deal. Any opinions?
Yes.

I have a pair of 40 series and they are effing loud. Love 'em...
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Nor Cal Coordinator

^yes his sounds so damn sexy!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #12

Be careful with Magnaflow. I bought a catback system for my '07 AV6 6MT sedan. I like the performance of the system but was a little disappointed with the welding splatter on the rear facing part of the mufflers. I tried to work it out with Magnaflow but didn't get anywhere. PM me if you have any further questions.
mattyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #13

Magnaflow

Magnaflow does have a cat-back system for Gen7 Accords. When I went to Magnaflow's website, I used their dealer finder feature to find someone within 50 miles to try to buy from. I called the closest to me first. They were very unprofessional on the phone, and stated that they did not have the product, and their truck would not be back till Monday, and they could not give me a price until the truck came with the item..... They could not price it before they got it...... The other dealer's phone number was no longer in service. I called Magnaflow's contact number and talked to someone, and they said that the dealer should have called their distributor for a price. I asked them for a price but they said that they were only the manufacturer and could not give me a price, and suggested that I call Summit or some other dealer for a price. I visited Summits website and keyed in Magnaflow's part number, it came up with a price of $690.07.
Being one who would buy locally if possible, it caused me a lot of problems today, just wanting a price.
The price does not fit the ROI that I have planned for mods to my vehicle.
I hope you all have better luck than I.
twistedsixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM   #14

I just purchased the magnaflow cat back for my 06-6 and i love it. perfect fitment, and great sound. good price too.
ChristopherClar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #15
Humble

I'm looking at just the mufflers # 14832. Anyone running them? I wanna do just the mufflers not the catback.
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #16
Picture Perfect

A buddy of mine had his stock exhausts replaced with some straight tubing. Otherwise his exhaust is completelly stock. It's quiet until you get on it. Then it has a nice roar. He said best $40 he's spent.
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #17
Humble

Sounds like a nice idea. I'm thinking of just chopping the stock mufflers and welding on the magnaflows. How would that sound.
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #18
Mr. Detail

Had a Magnaflow on my '90 Accord (also had a DC Sport header) without a resonator and it was insanely loud. I was back in 3 days getting a resonator installed too. Quieted it down a lot but it did drone on the freeway. Ended up swapping the Magnaflow out for a Vortec turbo style muffler. Much quieter, my AEM CAI was louder when I got on it. Zero drone, no engine noise to speak of at freeway speeds.

If you mostly drive in town, its probably not an issue but on a 1000 mile road trip, a loud exhaust can be really annoying and you might want to go with something quieter if you regularly travel on the freeways.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #19
Humble

I'm not sure of how it would sound by just chopping the stock mufflers and leaving the cat and resonator on. Some people say it'll be too quiet some day it will sound good. So I'm confused.
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #20
Picture Perfect

Quote:
I'm not sure of how it would sound by just chopping the stock mufflers and leaving the cat and resonator on. Some people say it'll be too quiet some day it will sound good. So I'm confused.
Do it, worse thing is you buy a set of mufflers. Make sure that if you have the stock cans cut and replaced with a straight pipe that the tips extend past the bumper. Simione had some crazy drone that was caused by the exhaust sound being trapped in the bumper and reverberating into the cabin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #21
Humble

I meant chopping the stocks and welding magnaflow mufflers.
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #22

It won't be loud then. Especially with stock cats/resonator/mid muffler. I was thinking about straight piping my mufflers (all 3) deleting resonator, and buying a test pipe for the 3rd cat. Should sound good and not too loud as long ad I have the stock precats
nismoasfuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #23
Humble

So it wont be noticable at all? and is Anyone running dc sport mufflers?
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #24

Quote:
I have dc sports mufflers. They're awesome. I have complete straight pipe from j pipe back, and its nice and deep. The DC sports resonated tips.

Team A4(7th gen) Crew
05J30VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #25
Humble

Yeah I kinda like those too. Any part#?
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #26

Idk but here it is

V6 driveby exhaust sound - YouTube
05J30VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #27

I've had the coupe magnaflow catback since stock and I think it sounds good. Deep and mellow at idle, and really good at WOT. After HFPC and jpipe, it did have a little rasp, so I upgraded the resonator. Went back to how it sounded before. Now I have more engine work, so I'm upgrading to bigger tubing and still keeping all magnaflow. I'll let you know how it sounds soon. I'm keeping the main design of the catback, just bigger tubing, resonator(s), y-pipe, and mufflers.
KaotikPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #28

Quote:
it will be noticeable but not extremely loud. i dont get it do you want to make your car loud or the opposite?
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #29
Humble

I just want it to be a bit louder. Not Ricey if u know what I mean.
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #30

If you want to be a bit louder then get the mufflers. Our stock cans are super restricted,well actually the whole exhaust is. After you get the mufflers welded on you can see how you like it, if its too quiet you can always straight pipe your mid muffler, resonator, 3rd cat. You can do one at a time even. Or just replace the resonator with a magnaflow one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in