7th gen DC Sports Dyno - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM   #1
yeh, i said it ...

Send a message via AIM to 03TGCoupe
7th gen DC Sports Dyno

Dyno from Dc sports says that intake header and exhaust on the 7th gen I4 Coupe produces 24 peak hp, anybody have these products, how realistic are these figures+

http://www.dcsports.com/images/dyno/...d-combined.jpg
20% TInts, AEM CAI, Neuspeed Short Shift Adaptor,Grill Tech, Tein S. Tech Springs, OEM Style Rear Spoiler, OEM Style Fog Lights, Hardwired Valentine One, Sunpass(lol), DC Sports TCS Exhaust, Custom Carbon Fiber Dash Accents ...
03TGCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2004, 01:18 AM   #2
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I would take the HP claim very lightly until someone buys them and dynos there car with them. Aftermarket companies sometimes make HP claims that just arenít true or even realistic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #3
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
No such thing as an intake "header" The term header comes from the exaust manifold that connects directly to the heads, hence headers. The intake tueb connects to the throttle body. Anyways yeah thats not a huge gain for both an intake and a exaust system.
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 27th, 2004, 09:38 AM   #4
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by bored&stroked on February 27th, 2004 at 11:02 AM

No such thing as an intake "header"
I think he may have just forgot a comma........ that it should have read intake, header and exhaust.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #5

no such thing as headers for a 7th gen AV6 either, it has built in exaust manifolds in the heads. Removal would require cutting, grinding, welding, and then making headers. Don't think so
Old February 27th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #6
sittin low

Hey bored&stroked, he say that it was an I4 not a V6. I Think only the v6 has the bulit in one.
AcCoRd16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #7

Maybe, good catch I always miss that because theres a forum for just inline 4's. Either way its still very possable [good recovery, no?]
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #8
yeh, i said it ...

Send a message via AIM to 03TGCoupe
yeh, i missed a comma, i know there is no such thing as an "intake header" lol bad gramma
03TGCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #9
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by bored&stroked on February 27th, 2004 at 04:22 PM

Maybe, good catch I always miss that because theres a forum for just inline 4's.
Yea, how many times you gonna fall for that one??

j/k
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #10
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

The mods aren't producing 24 extra "peak" horsepower. As in, the engine doesn't have 160 + 24 = 184 hp.

The "peak" gains they're referring to are just the maximum gains that were produced at any point on the curve, and that just happened to be at redline. That's the maximum gain that it produced. The gains in "peak horsepower" were more along the lines of 12 hp maybe.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in