Wheel Hop Fix? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ibreak4change
  • 2 Post By sscavy
  • 1 Post By sscavy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:41 PM   #1

Wheel Hop Fix?

I have a 2006 coupe 6-6 I have now drag raced my car 2x. I only have a CAI, CBE. I have some pretty nasty wheel hop.

What is the fix for wheel hop on these cars? Motor mounts? Eibach Pro Kit? Poly Fill the compliance bushings?
sscavy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2014, 04:35 PM   #2

More traction less weight
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2014, 04:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscavy View Post
I have a 2006 coupe 6-6 I have now drag raced my car 2x. I only have a CAI, CBE. I have some pretty nasty wheel hop.

What is the fix for wheel hop on these cars? Motor mounts? Eibach Pro Kit? Poly Fill the compliance bushings?
Yup, stiffer motor mounts, NRG torque damper (check the group buy in here), TL transmount

NA.... Till I Spray
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 23rd, 2014, 05:22 PM   #4

I guess what I'm really asking is what would be my next best bet for traction / wheel hop reducer? I'm thinking either Eibach Pro Kit (very partial to) or Motor mounts? I bought some McMaster carr polyfil but it doesn't look like the front and rear lower can be filled.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 05:30 PM   #5

Weight reduction and stickier tires
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM   #6

Yeah my cars been hopping off the line pretty bad also. I'm going to try some innovative street/strip mounts and a 6 speed TL trans mount. I want to try some fastline compliance bushings too, the factory pieces are way too soft for performance use.
simione likes this.
Ibreak4change is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2014, 03:30 PM   #7

I just did a little more research on wheel hop and it seems like the first thing to do is stiffen up the suspension bushings and check the struts for proper operation in which I am fairly certain mine are okay. I am going to poly fill my compliance bushings and motor mounts next weekend and see what that does and go from there.

Wheel hop is essentially caused by the change in toe angle on the front wheels so you have to limit the amount of toe change during hard acceleration. Those compliance bushings are total crap from the factory.

Lets start there!
simione and nismoasfuh like this.
Old May 24th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #8

I applaud you for doing suspension work before power gain mods. I did the opposite and actually got slower at the track with more HP (broken motor mount, compliance bushings, weak shocks). Suspension will be my next focus, and a hell of a lot more affordable to do.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #9

Ahhhhh yes I need a torque damper badly...I shamed myself racing a modified mazdaspeed 3 off the line. hophophophophopshakeshakeshakehophophop for about 5 seconds.....I HAVE DISGRACED THE NAME HONDA, TODAY WILL BE MY LAST
pa1nt13aller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #10

Is this the NRG torque damper for our cars? I know it says 92+ but just making sure.

https://www.getnrg.com/products/unde...amper/eda-401t
pa1nt13aller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #11

Not sure but I'm about to hop on this group buy that's listed in the 7th gen general thread section. Nrg torque damper, innovative street/strip mounts, TL trans mount, and fresh oem clutch set. Drop everything in while the sub frame is out. Not enough dough yet for a light weight flywheel and cm clutch yet.
Ibreak4change is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #12

Making more horsepower and running the same times or slower is the most frustrating thing ever.

I always look for a car's weakness and start there. But these cars seem to have quite a few considering they were designed to be quick, roomy and a touch on the luxury side.

Compliance bushings are a weak point: forced dealer to install new ones when I bought the car. They installed all new control arms.

Seems like the ride height/spring rate is off a bit for the "performance" aspect.

Motor mounts are horrifying. Not a fan of liquid filled.

I added some shifter base bushings and cable bushings. What a difference that made with firm crisp shifts.
pa1nt13aller likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in