Virtual Dyno - Anyone use it? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #1

Virtual Dyno - Anyone use it?

http://www.virtualdyno.net/

Anyone use it? I was messing around with it last night and it's pretty cool. I'm E-tuning with someone on AZine and he's been really helpful. I will disclose if he gives me permission The Accord wasn't listed in there so I had to add it to "Custom" cars. I'm not sure if it's visible for everyone, but if not, you can add it pretty easily. You can take datalogs with FlashPro and then upload them to this software and it gives you a dyno plot. Basically what I've found is:

1) Upload a Datalog to FlashPro
2) Options -> Export - Save it as a .csv file
3) Open in Excel and delete the first 3 lines (data/time/etc)
4) Filter on TPedal 99 -> Copy & Paste in new worksheet
5) Save & upload into Virtual Dyno

Check this link out as well, which describes how to log in a little more detail:

How To: Setup and use Virtual Dyno - Mazdaspeed Forums

Happy tuning
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #2

Ooo is it Dom?
Sonnick likes this.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #3

Yes.

Old August 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
http://www.virtualdyno.net/

Anyone use it? I was messing around with it last night and it's pretty cool. I'm E-tuning with someone on AZine and he's been really helpful. I will disclose if he gives me permission The Accord wasn't listed in there so I had to add it to "Custom" cars. I'm not sure if it's visible for everyone, but if not, you can add it pretty easily. You can take datalogs with FlashPro and then upload them to this software and it gives you a dyno plot. Basically what I've found is:

1) Upload a Datalog to FlashPro
2) Options -> Export - Save it as a .csv file
3) Open in Excel and delete the first 3 lines (data/time/etc)
4) Filter on TPedal 99 -> Copy & Paste in new worksheet
5) Save & upload into Virtual Dyno

Check this link out as well, which describes how to log in a little more detail:

How To: Setup and use Virtual Dyno - Mazdaspeed Forums

Happy tuning
i started looking into this but stopped. I like your step by step how to. Saved for later use. Now when you do the file. Are you using a datalog only from 3rd gear or 4th gear pull? Or can you pull from say a longer datalog?
Zach @ YCU Dyno Tuning
Atlas.46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 14th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas.46 View Post
i started looking into this but stopped. I like your step by step how to. Saved for later use. Now when you do the file. Are you using a datalog only from 3rd gear or 4th gear pull? Or can you pull from say a longer datalog?
I tried putting in an entire Datalog but it was all over the place. I used one pull in 2nd and another in 3rd. A 4th gear pull is too risky because that would have me doing almost 120mph. I will probably continue using it to see my progress. We are trying to perfect the part throttle tuning now, though.
RED_COUPE likes this.
Old August 14th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #6

Quote:
I tried putting in an entire Datalog but it was all over the place. I used one pull in 2nd and another in 3rd. A 4th gear pull is too risky because that would have me doing almost 120mph. I will probably continue using it to see my progress. We are trying to perfect the part throttle tuning now, though.
so what did your e-dyno say? I guess i will do a 2nd and 3rd gear pull on the way home today...

Also what did you use for Drag Coefficient and Frontal Area?
Zach @ YCU Dyno Tuning

Last edited by Atlas.46; August 14th, 2014 at 02:22 PM..
Old August 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas.46 View Post
so what did your e-dyno say? I guess i will do a 2nd and 3rd gear pull on the way home today...

Also what did you use for Drag Coefficient and Frontal Area?
The numbers were lower than I expected despite being on the stock catback. It was around 245/210 or so. My power plateaued around 5800 but again, we are focusing primarily on part throttle tuning currently. I'm more interested in the graph itself.

Drag Coefficient I found was .29 and the Frontal Area 23.208 ft^2.
Old August 14th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #8

Update: MAP/RPM Scaling almost done, then the real tuning starts!
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #9

I'll probably get an etune to start out. In for results good luck.
Sonnick likes this.
CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:43 PM   #10

Anyone brave enough to tune themselves? I hate to reduce the accomplishment but I program **** for a living...thinking about tuning on my own if only I knew where to start...

Ive seen the Hondata guide...the program seems easy enough to use. But what's the process? Tune for Afr first? Then tune timing? Then refine Afr then back to timing? Then move VTEC around and rinse and repeat?

Bad example probably but I've been building and over clocking computers for well over a decade now. It can't be harder than that...only more expensive when you **** up.
thisaznboi88 and Atlas.46 like this.
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #11

LOL, my graphs are wild
Atlas.46 likes this.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBUS-AV6MT View Post
Anyone brave enough to tune themselves? I hate to reduce the accomplishment but I program **** for a living...thinking about tuning on my own if only I knew where to start...

Ive seen the Hondata guide...the program seems easy enough to use. But what's the process? Tune for Afr first? Then tune timing? Then refine Afr then back to timing? Then move VTEC around and rinse and repeat?

Bad example probably but I've been building and over clocking computers for well over a decade now. It can't be harder than that...only more expensive when you **** up.
Brave or Stupid, lol ? Call it what you want, but I am.

I think you should tune AFR first. Luckily I was dyno tuned and found the happy point for my AFR. Some are running way richer then I am. Richer from the common 13.3 AFR, we found my car gained some power around 12.5-.8 . Any richer then that didn't do any good.

I believe my Dyno tune timing was at 24-26*. It is not scientific results, but running the same cars I have in the past, and bumping the timing up showed good gains (1.5 cars lengths). This was multiple runs, but again a Dyno will be the best tool to show improvements.

What Im doing. I have two set ups, NA and Nitrous. I am making multiple maps to run on a dyno that I will rent out ($60 hr). With the maps on hand, I will be able to simply upload each one and see what power it puts down. If one sticks out more then others, I will adjust off that map on the spot till I get to where I want to be. Key is to take big enough swings that differences will show, but not too large that many adjustments will have to be made on the spot. Hope that makes sense.

Timing - Depending on how "Brave" you are with this or how how you go, you will have to adjust the "Ignition limits high" so the ECU doesn't retard with the extra timing. Read the help section in flash pro thoroughly, it is a great tool to help get started.
Atlas.46 and CBUS-AV6MT like this.

NA.... Till I Spray
Old August 15th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #13

hmmm I got to do more pulls. Wish i didnt leave my laptop at home... ugh..

2nd gear pull said peak tq was at 4233.... wonder if thats because i didnt delete the things you said. Definitely going to do some more pulls and check it out.

We need Jiga to record a pull and compare it to his dyno.
Sonnick likes this.
Old August 15th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #14

Good stuff accord325 thanks.
Old August 15th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #15

I tried uploading a run with a multiple gear pull and it said I put down 1050whp, lol
Old August 15th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
I tried uploading a run with a multiple gear pull and it said I put down 1050whp, lol
did you go through and make a custom car for the accord. and add the gearing. You porbably have to go through the excel sheet and cut each pull out and make a new spreadsheet.
Zach @ YCU Dyno Tuning
Old August 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #17

^ Yes, I did. I guess there were to many gears in the datalog. Did another, and this looks a little better. What smoothing you use ?

Here Smoothing 6

Smoothing 3
Old August 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #18

If anyone is curious as to how close this VIT Dyno is, see below. I put down 258.8, 211.81 when I got dyno tuned. See what this VIT said I would put down with that tune. INTERESTING

The power curve looks odd but the end results are spot on

Old August 15th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #19

i used smoothing 1. I was like man those are high and then was like wait... he is spraying... LOL. What shot are you using right now for those pulls?

Talking to someone right now about a wet kit they may be getting in a trade. That i may trade a bmx bike for.
Old August 15th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #20

^ smoothing 1 had me in the 500+ HP range. Smoothing 6 seems to be much more accurate, at least for me.

The first graph is 100 shot, which my new clutch will barely hold up to. It had a little bit of wot from 2nd to 3rd, which I think that extra line is.
Tried datalogging today and couldn't stop spinning. Punched it at a 70 roll in 3rd and lit the tires up all the to 7k rpm. Called it a day after that, no way I was goin to get good logs.

The lower 260whp graph is a old single gear pull I had logged for my tuner. It was NA and I was curious to see how close this VIT dyno would get to my end numbers. Pretty damn close. Again, on smoothing 6 though.
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #21

This is my most recent graph, but I have another tune waiting to be uploaded. The weight is high because I had a passenger and have several things in the trunk.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #22

^ WTF, my graphs are crazy, your actually look normal. Ill give another try
Old August 16th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #23

Quote:
^ WTF, my graphs are crazy, your actually look normal. Ill give another try
Delete the first 3 lines above the parameters, then filter the parameters and for "TPedal" filter on 99 only. Make sure the "gear" table only selects 1 gear. Find your starting RPM & ending RPM (should be near fuel cut) and copy/paste that into a new sheet and save again as a .csv. Now upload that file into the Virtual dyno and you should be good to go.

1 - 3.93
2 - 2.48
3 - 1.70
4 - 1.25
5 - 0.98
6 = 0.77

FD = 3.285 (stock) or 3.842 TB Motorworx. Still trying to figure out why my numbers are low, but the car moves so I almost don't care lol.
Atlas.46 likes this.
Old August 16th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #24

smoothing 6 in 3rd gear it said i made [email protected] [email protected] but my afr was all over the place. Im going check my logs. I must have inadvertingly changed something because on the dyno everything was smooth. So in this case im going to have the tune sent to me and reupload it.

Last edited by Atlas.46; August 16th, 2014 at 03:36 PM..
Old August 16th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Delete the first 3 lines above the parameters, then filter the parameters and for "TPedal" filter on 99 only. Make sure the "gear" table only selects 1 gear. Find your starting RPM & ending RPM (should be near fuel cut) and copy/paste that into a new sheet and save again as a .csv. Now upload that file into the Virtual dyno and you should be good to go.

1 - 3.93
2 - 2.48
3 - 1.70
4 - 1.25
5 - 0.98
6 = 0.77

FD = 3.285 (stock) or 3.842 TB Motorworx. Still trying to figure out why my numbers are low, but the car moves so I almost don't care lol.
Yeah I pulled the gearing off Hondas website. 2nd gear pull only has me at 300 HP, maybe its the gear ? Third is hard for me to make a full run with the roads around here. Idk, gettin on a dyno soon so ill stop messing with this only tune AFR

NA.... Till I Spray
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #26

3rd is better than 2nd & 4th is better than 3rd. It's tough to go full out in 4th though unless we have the endless highways of Florida like the homie Jiga
Atlas.46 likes this.
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #27

^ Jiga is lucky, he live close to the glades where there's a lot of protected areas and dead roads. We have a few but are 30+ min. Away. Not driving 30min each time to log
Old August 17th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #28

Quote:
^ Jiga is lucky, he live close to the glades where there's a lot of protected areas and dead roads. We have a few but are 30+ min. Away. Not driving 30min each time to log
Don't be a fairy.

Old August 17th, 2014, 01:27 PM   #29

^ LOL

My girl hates my car enough. Not the car so much, jut the amount of time spent with it. Plus I have a 2 year old I watch a majority of the time. Call you what it want, but a semi happy woman is much better then a bitter one
Sonnick likes this.
Old August 17th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #30

I did a 4th gear pull the other day and past a cop at 135mph. He tapped the breaks for a sec. and kept going lol

I don't want to do that often.
Sonnick and Atlas.46 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in