Pssst Sound & NASCAR racing with an MB E500 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:30 PM   #1
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Pssst Sound & NASCAR racing with an MB E500

I've driven my car for about 6500 miles now and haven't really opened her up until an @$$hole in an MB E500 cut me off in traffic the other day. I'm not the type that will usually get into road rage but for some reason, this guy really pissed me off!

Needless to say, once traffic cleared up, I decided to find out how my ride can hang with an MB E500 on the freeway. As I was taking the revs up to 6500 then shifting, I noticed a "psssst" sound like my car had a blow off valve or something. It sounded pretty cool.

Just curious...is this sound "normal" considering our cars don't have blow off valves? I love the sound tho...

Oh yeah...the MB E500 is pretty strong on the highway but he couldn't pull away from me...I wuz tailgating his @$$ like Dale Earnhardt Jr when all of a sudden he used his windshield washers to spray my car! I changed lanes and pulled up beside him when we hit heavy traffic again...but he wouldn't look at me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #2

well actually i noticed the "pssst" sound but it sounds more like a really really weak CAI for the 6MT
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #3
mog

Haha tat is cool...pompous aholes in mercedes always piss me off too. I've had my share of run in with mercedes. Once was in 241 toll roads...this new SL500 cut like inches in front of me with a entire freeway open....made it no reason change lane as if we're in china. So i started tailgating him....freeway turned into only 2lanes.....we pulled up to a suv...so i got next to the SUV and kept steady speed next to SUV and boxed that SL500 in for like the 5 minutes...hahaha...he was my b|tch for awhile...hahahahaha. Oh...that was in my 97 4runner too. So he got kinda scared and when more lanes opened i throttled it and he decided to stay behind...I'm sure he would have killed me easy. Top speed on 4runner about 105mph only.....Anyways I got accord auto V6...dunno if i can hang in there with a E500
mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #4
03 AV6 Coupe

Good race. Those E500's have strong top ends. They are supposed to pull around a [email protected] I would assume he would eat us alive off the line.

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
UR Pulley
Richie's V3 J-Pipe
J35 Magnesium IM
MDX IM Spacer
P2R Thermal Gaskets
TB Coolant Bypass
Innovative 60A Mounts
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit
TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Strut Bar
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #5

do you have an intake cause it couldve been suckin up a lot of air
patrickkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #6
Loneryder

Send a message via AIM to docfnky
that sound seem to me to be ur clutch engaging....cuz when my car hit 6500 and i engage the clutch i get the same sound.
docfnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:27 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally posted by docfnky on March 7th, 2004 at 07:38 PM

that sound seem to me to be ur clutch engaging....cuz when my car hit 6500 and i engage the clutch i get the same sound.
Yeah...that's what I'm talkin about. My car is all stock right now so it was kinda kool hearing that sound. I'm wondering if those with Injen/V2 CAI's hear the same sound when they shift???

Anyway, I didn't realize those E500s have over 300HP with a 14.2 1320 time. But then again they weigh close to 4000 lbs with a driver so it's a pretty heavy car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #8

E500 Sedan

5.0L 24 valve V-8 engine
302 HP and 339 lbs-ft @ 2700 rpm
0-60 in 5.9 seconds

These cars are no joke, dont let the 4 doors fool ya when its a mercedes.

If we know both are racing, my money would be on this car vs an accord.
sab4you is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by sab4you on March 8th, 2004 at 08:23 AM

E500 Sedan

5.0L 24 valve V-8 engine
302 HP and 339 lbs-ft @ 2700 rpm
0-60 in 5.9 seconds

These cars are no joke, dont let the 4 doors fool ya when its a mercedes.

If we know both are racing, my money would be on this car vs an accord.
No doubt...Germans know how to make rockets! I gotta admit that I was VTEC'ing every gear just to stay with him over a couple of miles! He wuz just prolly cruizin!!!

Old March 17th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to 6speedv6
In a head to head contest, an E500 would pull about a car length on the 1/4 mile up to the 120-130mph mark. They have just so much torque. Then there is no contest. The E500 would keep on pulling away. They can do 155 mph. AV6's are limited to 130.
6speedv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in