XLR8 JPIPE-V2 3rd Cat Delete Question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Scottwax
  • 1 Post By Scottwax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to smokeyjoe
Question XLR8 JPIPE-V2 3rd Cat Delete Question

Hey guys I have the XLR8 JPIPE-V2 with the 3rd cat delete not installed just yet. I live in Georgia. I know it will pass the ecu test because there is no sensor there but I want to cover up the 3rd cat delete for visual inspection. Can I put the factory 3rd cat heat shield over it somehow? Or a DIY mod of some kind? or you think I could just pass it off? If anyone knows in the area where they wouldn't give me a hard time about it for inspection please let me know I am due in a few weeks for inspection. I am in the Kennesaw, GA area.

Thanks!

-Dave

Last edited by smokeyjoe; September 11th, 2014 at 03:28 PM..
smokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #2

^ If he notices, with a suggestive look ask him "is this a $20 fix" and have money in hand ? LOL

You can probably rig something. Get under the car and start looking, or swap out and put stock Jpipe back on
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 11th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Mr. Detail

Is it a state run facility that does the inspections or a typical mom and pop lube joint? Odds are that since you won't have any codes present, they won't look any further at most independent shops.

Here in Texas, all that is required is no check engine lights and the gas cap working right.
stalloutboy likes this.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to smokeyjoe
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Is it a state run facility that does the inspections or a typical mom and pop lube joint? Odds are that since you won't have any codes present, they won't look any further at most independent shops.

Here in Texas, all that is required is no check engine lights and the gas cap working right.

There are inspection stations all over the place that will do the inspection for like 15$-20$ I do believe they do a visual inspection. I'm not sure if there are any mom and pop stations that will do the inspection reason being; I have only lived here in Georgia since last October. I wouldn't mind putting it on and taking it off 1 time per year if I did fail. I'm just too mechanically inclined. I know there are only 9 bolts to take on and off the J-pipe so it sounds like a rather an easy thing to do. Do you know if any of the bolts are hard to get to and would I have to take off any other parts before I get to the first set of cats mounted near the engine? and also the tools needed to install it?

Thanks!
-Dave
smokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #5

Breaking bolts loose is the worst part about that job. If I was in a state that tested I would swap stock back in just to avoid the worry.

Sorry not very helpful. Basic socket set. Be prepared to fight bolts if you live Ina salty area. Otherwise get the car up on jack stands and knock it out.
CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #6
Carpe Diem

If you plan on swapping it out all the time, it might be wise to invest in some air tools. Swapping it out with hand tools frequently would be a PITA.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Mr. Detail

I'd take it through as is. Won't be any codes, and not all visual inspections are that thorough. Worst they can do is fail you, then you'll know if you need to put the stock j-pipe in or not for each inspection.

Removing the XLR8 j-pipe is definitely easier than removing the factory one that's been on there forever. If its something you have to do each year, probably be able to get it down to an hour or so swap time.
bdbconcepts likes this.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #8
teamxxxracing

racing

Dave go to xlr8 web site they have a straight pipe with tabs to bolt on your heat shield,i have it on my car.
But I have the ALTP j-pipe. [Maybe this will help?]

Last edited by ET racer; September 17th, 2014 at 07:12 PM..
ET racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in