Amazon pcds and jpipe - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Amazon pcds and jpipe

Yeah yeah I'm probably gonna get **** for actually buying these but I bought them for time being before I go turbo. I just wanna let anyone interested in spending >$200 rather than $700+ know that they actually fit. Probably not the same power gain and they probably wont last as long... but they fit lol. I didn't think they were going to but they did. Welds looked fine. Not top notch but they'll hold together fine. Was planning to just test fit so I could decide if I needed to return them or not but I destroyed some of the bolts on the stock jpipe so I left them on. Actually felt power gain up top despite the low compression in 4 cylinders😧. I bought these before I found out about my low compression or else I would not have bought them.
stalloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2014, 09:20 PM   #2

link?

http://www.amazon.com/Accord-Design-...ord+headers+03
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2014, 09:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Yep! Those are the ones. From auto dynasty. Super raspy but idk if all pcds are like that.

Old November 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4

Also the bottom o2 sensor on the front pcd wont fit unless you get a 90 degree o2 sensor simulator. Like $15-$20
Old November 3rd, 2014, 12:40 AM   #5

are you stock from the jpipe back?
rave93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave93 View Post
are you stock from the jpipe back?
I have the stock cat and after the stock cat I have 3in single outlet.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:49 AM   #7
The Jester

Aye, get a test pipe or HF3rdCat before putting this on. It will help tons.

Honestly though, doesn't look bad. It will get you power more toward the top of the rpms and cause some rasp, but the pipe size looks right and decently built. Wouldn't blame anyone for trying it out.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclem19 View Post
Aye, get a test pipe or HF3rdCat before putting this on. It will help tons.

Honestly though, doesn't look bad. It will get you power more toward the top of the rpms and cause some rasp, but the pipe size looks right and decently built. Wouldn't blame anyone for trying it out.
Causes a ton of rasp. Put it on already with stock 3rd cat. Lol and I'm already looking for a 3" resonator due to unbearable rasp noise.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM   #9
The Jester

This pipe? As in you already have it?

Yeah anything with PCD and not HFPC will rasp to hell without a resonator.

I think theres a 6" x 24" magnaflow 3" resonator that deals with PCD rasp damn well and fits into our car's cutouts without it having to hang down.
Amazon.com: Magnaflow 13743 XL Stainless Steel 3" Round Muffler: Automotive

might be this one. Will do a little more research later unless sonnick pipes in or qaz, atlas, etc. as they have used these or the size under it.

Edit: okay found the resonators im thinking of. I think these are the same ones that have been used before. (length depends on your level of rasp and at what rpm it drones)
18"
http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/13743/10002/-1
24"
http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/13742/10002/-1
30"
http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/13741/10002/-1
34"
http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/13740/10002/-1

I believe the 18" is what is usually used to maintain a little rasp, 24" causes clearer sound. 30-34 have not been tested but would likely mute any low rpm rasp you can throw at it.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:45 AM   #10

Exhaust Header Down Pipe FOR 2003 2007 Honda Accord CL7 3 0L V6 | eBay'

@oraclem i probably have the most ghetto setup right now. still on stock piping. i found some magnaflow muffler and resonator for around 60 bucks used but they are 2.5 inch.
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:48 AM   #11

these might actually be better than rv6. 2.5 primary tubes to 3" collector vs 2.25 to 2.5"
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM   #12

@oraclem yeah I already put on the Amazon pcds and jpipe. Probably going to put 3" resonator in place of 3rd cat. Because right now it's going from 2.75" to 2.25" to 3"
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM   #13

Also will probably take and post pics tonight. Idk why I didn't do it when I was installing.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:00 AM   #14

Don't get xl muffler. Get straight thru oned
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
Idk what xl muffler is. Was looking at vibrant, magnaflow and Jones resonators.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM   #16

Magnaflow xl
Old November 3rd, 2014, 03:49 PM   #17

Curious since people have been using these - are the PCDs a match for oem placement? In other words, would you be able to bolt the oem j pipe to the PCDs on these or is it an all or nothing affair?
screaminz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:07 PM   #18

Quote:
these might actually be better than rv6. 2.5 primary tubes to 3" collector vs 2.25 to 2.5"
Is this really a 3in collector? That would be great. I know it says that on the ad, but china marketing ain't the best...
stalloutboy likes this.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminz28 View Post
Curious since people have been using these - are the PCDs a match for oem placement? In other words, would you be able to bolt the oem j pipe to the PCDs on these or is it an all or nothing affair?
I didn't check to see if it fit the stock jpipe but just from looking at it I'd say it wouldn't fit the stock jpipe. Also the ID of the jpipe was more like 2.75" if I remember correctly. If I mess with it tonight I'll post pics and measurements.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:58 PM   #20

hm thats gonna be an issue for me.
right now im running a stock pcd, stock jpipe, megan highflow cat, then straight pipe to magnaflows.
i was thinking of getting these but now im not sure if it will work with the set up i have :/
Old November 3rd, 2014, 05:21 PM   #21

^ why wouldn't it work?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:33 PM   #22

Yeah, sounds like it would work for you Rave. I was curious if the PCDs or J pipe are interchangeable with OEM. Its not a big deal really, and I expected it not to be, but figured I'd ask. It should work with your setup since the J pipe ends at the same point as the oem one.

2.75ID on the j pipe is really nice. I think a 3IN 14 gauge tube has an ID of 2.85, so it's very close. I wonder what gauge pipe they are using?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:24 PM   #23
The Jester

Quote:
IIRC the xl is a straight through. It's listed as a resonator on other sites but JEGS doesn't do that.
I did think all the other resonators were not xl models, but haven't gone back to the threads, I just remember there was a 18" and 24" option and they were magnaflow; and the xl was the only one I could find that had those lengths.
Quote:
Is this really a 3in collector? That would be great. I know it says that on the ad, but china marketing ain't the best...
3" collector piping/flange? Can this be confirmed? Not sure if the current j-pipes were a 3" collector or which ones were but this is one thing that could actually put this setup ahead.
Quote:
hm thats gonna be an issue for me.
right now im running a stock pcd, stock jpipe, megan highflow cat, then straight pipe to magnaflows.
i was thinking of getting these but now im not sure if it will work with the set up i have :/
All the parts should(in theory) line up and be interchangeable with any matching part in the stock system. However, china.

Quote:
Exhaust Header Down Pipe FOR 2003 2007 Honda Accord CL7 3 0L V6 | eBay'

@oraclem i probably have the most ghetto setup right now. still on stock piping. i found some magnaflow muffler and resonator for around 60 bucks used but they are 2.5 inch.
yeah I got down through the 3rd cat of upgraded then stock from there back. **** looks stock, haven't found a welder I trust to put mufflers together and a res. Also haven't found a muffler/res combo I trust.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:15 PM   #24

thanks for the help haha
awesome i shall deffs look into this then, since i assume the rasp would be the same as if i were to spend double on the rv6 pcd's anyways
Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:37 PM   #25
The Jester

Quote:
thanks for the help haha
awesome i shall deffs look into this then, since i assume the rasp would be the same as if i were to spend double on the rv6 pcd's anyways
Honestly a PCD is still a piece of piping. As long as there are no holes in the welds, good flanges, and measures toward defouling the 02 sensors, a PCD is a PCD.
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #26
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclem19 View Post
Honestly a PCD is still a piece of piping. As long as there are no holes in the welds, good flanges, and measures toward defouling the 02 sensors, a PCD is a PCD.
Unfortunately it's not at all that simple. You understand why we're on version 3 of pcds right?It took them a while to master it because of heat and stress cracks.

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NvrDwn; November 4th, 2014 at 12:34 PM..
NvrDwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #27

didn't someone buy this piece of crap and found out it was junk and belonged in china?

go rv6 or go home. do it right
bigballer8526 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #28

Don't get me wrong, the RV6 V3 is an excellent piece, and the cast sections are great, and contribute greatly to longevity and preventing cracking.

If you're against china just for the sake of being against china, that's fine. However, looking back at old threads, there is very little difference between the ebay/amazon PCD & J-pipe and what the original RV6 PCDs were. Even back then they were hailed as the holy grail. If they were so geat, why are these crap? Quality of materials, ok I'll give you that.

I'm all for supporting vendors but sometimes there are reasons to using different parts.
Keltalon likes this.
Old November 4th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the RV6 V3 is an excellent piece, and the cast sections are great, and contribute greatly to longevity and preventing cracking.

If you're against china just for the sake of being against china, that's fine. However, looking back at old threads, there is very little difference between the ebay/amazon PCD & J-pipe and what the original RV6 PCDs were. Even back then they were hailed as the holy grail. If they were so geat, why are these crap? Quality of materials, ok I'll give you that.

I'm all for supporting vendors but sometimes there are reasons to using different parts.
rv6 are proven stainless steel.

watch how long that chinese junk craps out on you. I like ebay as much as the other guy, but rv6 has gone through 3 revisions for a reason.
bigballer8526 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #30
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrDwn View Post
Unfortunately it's not at all that simple. You understand why we're on version 3 of odds right?It took them a while to master it because of heat and stress cracks.
Yeah, that was the "but, China" part of my eval.
However when you can buy 4 of these and still not cost as much as the rv6.... there's a little more room to play with for defects and longevity.

However inconveniencing me by cracking an exhaust pipe is definitely worth the extra 400 I paid to get those ceramic coated HFPCs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in