J pipe prototype- - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #1

J pipe prototype-

So I have been very busy with launching the website EndLess RPM (parts still being uploaded everyday, but we came out with an exhaust for the 04-08 TL, but part of that was the j pipe, which is interchangeable with the 03-07 V6 accord:

Check it out, its on presale for cheap, any questions just ask!

Also, check out the huge sale on tein!

EndLessRPM 2004-2008 Acura TL performance J pipe (base and type-s) - EndLess RPM

p.s. magnaflow themselves engineered this for me as a private label, so its going to be top notch because it wasn't cheap..
AckTL05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #2
The Jester

Going to need some dyno runs on this. It looks a bit too simple to work better than the ATLPv2 (current leader).
Then again the simplest answer is often the right one. Components all look right, is this on a 2.5" or 3" collector?

Also DAMN that subframe has seen better days.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2015, 07:46 PM   #3

looks very affordable. Are they uneven length pipes?
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 28th, 2015, 09:34 PM   #4

Cheap is good, since J-pipes gives very low gains... better be cheap to get them
DomGSR-T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #5
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
looks very affordable. Are they uneven length pipes?
Asked myself the same, check the onsite description, it is even... somehow without the infamous G bend
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomGSR-T View Post
Cheap is good, since J-pipes gives very low gains... better be cheap to get them
Just like a downpipe, by itself almost useless. If you try to build a system around a stock one the design will choke.
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:01 AM   #6

It was built by magnaflow themselves and engineered by them as well. The thing about long tubes is that I have seen dyno sheets and even the man himself said the original designs were the best gains. The only dyno sheet I have seen so far is from a turbo build which is kind of cheating.

like oP said before j pipes don't add much, but they release full potential of the other supporting mods since the stock pipe endures what it called the bottle neck effect. I don't see how a 3" collector would be beneficial for a simple modded car.

The stock j pipe is scrunched together and this also has better clearance than stock as most of us lowered or slammed guys almost always rip apart the stock j-pipe at the flex. Being separate runners opens up supporting mods potentials.

I am working on getting a dyne before and after with a stock car to see what it actually gains because most dyne charts from companies are fully bolted which isn't fair because it doesn't show what exactly just the j pipe gains.

this design is also friendly for emissions states such as cali and Wisconsin where one can add a high row third cat or if you wanted, add a third cat delete.
thisaznboi88 and RED_COUPE like this.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:21 AM   #7

exciting, looks promising
any word on pre cat deletes as well? still saving up for the rv6 pcd and j pipe combo but the price is on another level. so this seems definitely better than ebay special. looking forward to what you bring to the table!
rave93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:14 AM   #8

Looks good. Does it come in black?
State.Of.Prime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2015, 08:53 AM   #9

Sweet. Jpipes give great power, what are you guys talking about? Lol. Especially on a stock car. It's once you implement PCDs that it's tough to find a good balance between primary length and diameter.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckTL05 View Post
It was built by magnaflow themselves and engineered by them as well. The thing about long tubes is that I have seen dyno sheets and even the man himself said the original designs were the best gains. The only dyno sheet I have seen so far is from a turbo build which is kind of cheating.

like oP said before j pipes don't add much, but they release full potential of the other supporting mods since the stock pipe endures what it called the bottle neck effect. I don't see how a 3" collector would be beneficial for a simple modded car.

The stock j pipe is scrunched together and this also has better clearance than stock as most of us lowered or slammed guys almost always rip apart the stock j-pipe at the flex. Being separate runners opens up supporting mods potentials.

I am working on getting a dyne before and after with a stock car to see what it actually gains because most dyne charts from companies are fully bolted which isn't fair because it doesn't show what exactly just the j pipe gains.

this design is also friendly for emissions states such as cali and Wisconsin where one can add a high row third cat or if you wanted, add a third cat delete.
I would gladly Test your J-pipe on my stock 2004 V6 6speed on our in house AWD mainline Dyno.

Message me if you are interested.
Sonnick likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chipped ECUs, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Harnesses, DIY Parts, Widebands, and More
Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Haltech, Precision Turbo, Injector Dynamics
RED_COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_COUPE View Post
I would gladly Test your J-pipe on my stock 2004 V6 6speed on our in house AWD mainline Dyno.

Message me if you are interested.
Would this be a real before and after dyno test within 1 hour or so interval of stock vs jpipe? I have done that before and curious to see this done again
DomGSR-T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2015, 01:41 AM   #12
The Jester

So it has a 2.5" collector?
Onboard with this one, given you provide runner lengths before the collector, collector size, and ID measurements of the tubing. Could be a good test for minor boltoners gains (hfpc, hftc, atlpv2 onboard for comparison, home depot 4" intake.) or in other words for what most people will run it on.
Old January 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomGSR-T View Post
Would this be a real before and after dyno test within 1 hour or so interval of stock vs jpipe? I have done that before and curious to see this done again
As long as we can come to an agreement, I will do as comparable of a test as possible. I will do my best to do it the same day, the same ambient air temp(or as close as possible), same engine temps, etc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chipped ECUs, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Harnesses, DIY Parts, Widebands, and More
Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Haltech, Precision Turbo, Injector Dynamics
RED_COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2015, 03:14 PM   #14
Mr. Detail

Looks pretty good for those who have to deal with visual inspections and need to keep the 3rd cat.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:42 PM   #15

Here is the stock vs mine. As you can see it sits mucher higher and the stock one is all crunched together creating the infamous "bottle neck". The endless rpm is more free flowing and will allow the engine to breath better..

http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazin...f1cb513c2b.png
Old February 2nd, 2015, 07:54 PM   #17
The Jester

Damn, almost got it above the oil pan there!

Unfortunately some of us still scrape our oil pans, but still thats good ****
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:16 PM   #18
Bobby Lane Racing

I'm going to be real:

The 2 to 1 merge collector sucks.
05accord6spd and nismoasfuh like this.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:34 PM   #19

Yea i don't get it this looks terrible. What am i missing? saving 50$?
05accord6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:00 PM   #20

I could care less on the looks of a part you never see. I do however agree that the merge isn't all that great. Let's wait and see if it makes power. That's how I determine a good performance part from the bad. Longevity/durability plays a part also.
06accordcoupe likes this.

Last edited by accord325; February 3rd, 2015 at 08:11 PM..
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:33 PM   #21

What in particular makes it suck?

Sorry I really have to get my head out of the gutter sometimes...
Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:29 PM   #22
The Jester

Just speculation on what is wrong about the collector, but the collector isn't a Y, one side is longer than the other and more importantly comes into the airflow at a different angle.
And it looks like a slip fit with some tack welds on it. Not good.

Correct me if i'm wrong?
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:02 PM   #23

The y-collector we are using allows for the tube to retain its diameter and in equal lengths, this creates a smooth transition and maintains critical clearances, These are areas that the OE piece compromised on.

It allows for a better flow over stock and keep the equal length structure.

Dyno charts to come.

This is a first shot of the prototype, obviously production won't be tack welded. Magnaflow themselves are actually engineering this for me so its not just a "shot in the dark" production or hopes that how its made will work.

This stock design length allows for people to keep a third cat, delete it, high flow if they go precats since all catless gives a horrible smell (I like it, but still). As OP said before, J pipes don't add much, they just allow for better flow because as you see the stock one is scrunched together and is just a huge bottle neck.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:30 PM   #24

good option for people who choose form over function.
oraclem19 likes this.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:42 PM   #25
The Jester

Quote:
like oP said before j pipes don't add much,
Quote:
The y-collector we are using allows for the tube to retain its diameter and in equal lengths, this creates a smooth transition and maintains critical clearances, These are areas that the OE piece compromised on.

Dyno charts to come.

This is a first shot of the prototype, obviously production won't be tack welded. Magnaflow themselves are actually engineering this for me so its not just a "shot in the dark" production or hopes that how its made will work.

This stock design length allows for people to keep a third cat, delete it, high flow if they go precats since all catless gives a horrible smell (I like it, but still). As OP said before, J pipes don't add much, they just allow for better flow because as you see the stock one is scrunched together and is just a huge bottle neck.
Who is OP?
Will be waiting on dynos. My current knowledge of fluid dynamics doesn't agree with the collector, maybe magnaflow works on tuners though.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:47 PM   #26

Does it come in TI???? Slip fit TI magnum FTW!!!!

Seriously though if it's equal length and the ID is greater than OEM, I'd wait to see a dyno before judging it's performance on how it looks.

Don't bash me for this but it kind of looks like it has something similar to a hy-tech reverb chamber just after the merge.
I'm probably wrong on that though...

Last edited by State.Of.Prime; February 3rd, 2015 at 11:51 PM..
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:49 AM   #27
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
I could care less on the looks of a part you never see. I do however agree that the merge isn't all that great. Let's wait and see if it makes power. That's how I determine a good performance part from the bad. Longevity/durability plays a part also.
Anything can make power if you free up something that was initially bottle necked to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclem19 View Post
Just speculation on what is wrong about the collector, but the collector isn't a Y, one side is longer than the other and more importantly comes into the airflow at a different angle.
And it looks like a slip fit with some tack welds on it. Not good.

Correct me if i'm wrong?
Quote:

Dyno charts to come.

The problem with your equal length theory is, equal or not, there is still a merge. The transition isn't smooth, and will create turbulence, which will result in one side emitting the hot gases faster than the other. The Dyno is useless when you are comparing your product to a OEM J-pipe. There will be gains regardless. Compare your product to the current R-V6 J-pipe... and don't copy his product please once you see the results.
accord325 and oraclem19 like this.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #28
Frank

I wanna see the gains compared to the stock jpipe if any. I'm in so cal and smog inspections are tougher here than other states so i wanna keep the third cat.

My stock jpipe needs to be replaced cos it has a big dent on it. Saw the dip on the road too late and i hit my jpipe pretty hard. Anyway, if this jpipe has gains over the stock jpipe, is cheaper than the other jpipes and if it sits higher which will protect it from being damaged means WINNING in my book.

If magnaflow is actually engineering this jpipe it will definitely be a decent product.

Waiting on dyno results
RED_COUPE likes this.

06accordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2015, 01:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06accordcoupe View Post
I wanna see the gains compared to the stock jpipe if any. I'm in so cal and smog inspections are tougher here than other states so i wanna keep the third cat.

My stock jpipe needs to be replaced cos it has a big dent on it. Saw the dip on the road too late and i hit my jpipe pretty hard. Anyway, if this jpipe has gains over the stock jpipe, is cheaper than the other jpipes and if it sits higher which will protect it from being damaged means WINNING in my book.

If magnaflow is actually engineering this jpipe it will definitely be a decent product.

Waiting on dyno results
Where are you located in Cali? Shoot me a PM.

I like richie and we text often I would never steal his design. The problem is (correct me if I'm wrong) but there has never been a PROVEN dyno theory. Look at the v2r, he dyno'd it on a boosted Tls and the design is a 3" collector which was also said to be not as beneficial on a stock NA motor but showed huge gains and that dyno proven it to be the "best gains" on a boosted car which most don't have boost. Don't get me wrong its a good pipe and I'm not bashing it but my point is, the car, heat soak,different mods, different maintenance done, dyno itself it will be hard to "compare" one another. If it gains one less HP from the others, tucks more, $70-150 less and built by a well known company which stands behind their products and allows carb states to gain some hp with passing emissions..thats what I was going for.

I emailed them to gets some insight on the collector, just waiting to hear back on what their engineers have to say. They have state of the art machines so I am taking my trust in them.

Will post back with some more details.
Old February 16th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #30

Here is the updated pipe:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in