Hondata flashpro...worth it? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Hondata flashpro...worth it?

I've been looking into every thread on here about flashpro. I'm looking into getting it but am apprehensive due to others problems with throttle plate relearn procedures, idle problems/bucking/rev hang and Honda dealers not wanting to reprogram ecus w new vins. I am not super technically inclined, and electronics are my worst nightmare, but have done all my mods myself and am very mechanically inclined. Seems like a lot of money and then u need to tune on top of it. All this at the risk of having to spend a month perhaps to sort out the above problems.

My car is a dd, I can't have it down for any length of time. How many have installed flashpro without problems? I'm fine driving on a base tune for weeks till I get an etune but this whole bucking/idle problems has me apprehensive.

Current bolt ons listed below
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #2

its worth it. Even with all the BS behind it. If your in for a penny you are in for a pound once you commit to hondata. its about 1000 bucks if you can find a used flashpro unit, used tl ecu to modify, and the harness (I have the harness in the FS)

I have had my fair for issue with trying to get hondata to work (you can follow my build thread).

First off try to see if your hondata dealership will even do the vin reprogramming.

Then you can start buying all the stuff.

Base map is totally **** from hondata. So you will need to tune asap. Ether E-tuning or dyno. I am etuning still. The car is also my daily so I been trying to avoid getting tickets.

Now with that being said. You have a few more options before you go hondata. That would be built heads, swap block, PNP manifold, runners, pulley.

I have maxed out every single bolt on along with built heads and camshaft. This is why I went with hondata. Gave me more room to expand beyond the world of bolt on. Drivablity and power is just perfect. The car is very smooth and power seems to keep on climbing. Next step is probably nitrous since the cost of boost is crazy for these cars.

I don't have any issue with the rev hang that wasn't already there from stock (I have other issue not related to flashpro though)

So to sum it all up. Max out all the bolt on. If your still not happy. Hondata is the only way to feed that need for more power. I am pretty sure the rest of us that do have Hondata would agree it was worth it even if it was a ***** to get it running in the first place.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:58 AM   #3

^ agree with that. I would keep building till you plateau, or must have a tune. The stock ECU is something of magic. It learns just about everything you can throw at it. As Ken said, a few of the Rev hang issue with people were attributed to mechanical issue and all had oversized TB, in my case i have two of then. For me it was simply to many off the wall mods thrown at the car, but even I overcame that.

Let me say that I feel Hondata is NOT for peak power improvements. Hondata shines under peak power, in the band. There are spots in my power band that have increased 15-25whp off a tune, that's insane!!!
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM   #4

Ok then where should I invest next? I'm thinking intake mods. I know 3.7 im and tb are the best along w ported runners. But how ab a pnp im spacer pnp runners and stock im/tb? Or maybe some combination of these two setups? Guess I'm just at a loss what to do next
Old March 21st, 2015, 03:58 PM   #5
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07J30 View Post
Ok then where should I invest next? I'm thinking intake mods. I know 3.7 im and tb are the best along w ported runners. But how ab a pnp im spacer pnp runners and stock im/tb? Or maybe some combination of these two setups? Guess I'm just at a loss what to do next
aznboi and I can set you up with pnp runners and spacer, heeltoeauto can get you the 3.7 im and tb, and then I would recommend an exhaust modificaion.
Either pre-cat delete or high flow pre cat, 3rd cat delete or high flow 3rd cat, a new j pipe(ATLP v2 and RV6 as well as XLR8 are favorites), or simply a new catback exhaust.

Personally, I would start with the top end of the engine first. Easy to get, easy to install, instant gains in sound and power.
Then work on the exhaust, all those mods you have done to the top end will make any/all of the exhaust mods shine through more than them done alone.
At this point going to nitrous, or using different cams, or working on the inside of the engine, inside of the transmission, or using hondata, would be the next step toward full power.

needless to say your car has some room to grow before it has a sufficient need for hondata. Kinda like filling a cake with frosting instead of putting it on last. It's just not how it's done.

edit: correction I just saw your sig. you pretty much just have the top half of the engine to take care of, and some MDX cams or bisi/whoever you want, then tuning wouldn't be a half bad option to pull some power out and make it comfy to drive.
unless you wanted to get heads ported. and or valve jobbed. That depends on if you can have your car down for downtime though. If that's a path you want to go send over a message, I have some good shops for that.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2015, 05:23 PM   #6

3.7 IM + zdx throttle body and you will need a new coupler for the v2 intake.
Old March 21st, 2015, 05:37 PM   #7

Or a new intake...how about part numbers for the im and zdx tb? There's so many im threads I can't tell what's the proper IM to bolt rite up. It would prob make sense to just drop in the pnp runners while changing the im also.

I've read on here it's usually better to do either Im spacer or im. But not both, true or no?
Old March 21st, 2015, 05:41 PM   #8

just go on acura part website and look it up. that's the easiest way.
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:14 PM   #9

You guys still selling runners for 180-200$? You both do them the same way?
05accord6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM   #10

oraclem19 does and accord324 also.

I quit making them. Causing some lung probably with this shavings
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:19 PM   #11

FS: sh-awd intake manifold rdx injector - AcuraZine Community

Good deal for the 3.7 I'm and tb here.
thisaznboi88 likes this.
simione is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM   #12

What else do I need w this? Kinda wana jump on it. Do I need a top plate or anything like that to make this bolt up?
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:46 PM   #13

It comes with the top plate. Only thing you will need to do is relocate the iat sensor, and get a coupler that will fit properly over the 80 mm throttle body
simione is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2015, 12:14 AM   #14

Dam if I didn't already have the zdx tb for real probably still worth it.
05accord6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2015, 11:03 AM   #15
SK8 OR DIE

Quote:
I am apprehensive due to others problems with throttle plate relearn procedures, idle problems/bucking/rev hang...

but this whole bucking/idle problems has me apprehensive.
you are conflating two things here.

the rev hang/idle issues are caused by people changing their throttle bodies, not by hondata per se. people are hoping to fix their ecu confusion therein with hondata tuning. i haven't actually researched how successful this has been...
Old March 22nd, 2015, 03:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05accord6spd View Post
Dam if I didn't already have the zdx tb for real probably still worth it.
U didn't miss out...I msged him...this was a 3.5 im and tb mislabeled as a 3.7
Old March 22nd, 2015, 05:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by invsblduck View Post
you are conflating two things here.

the rev hang/idle issues are caused by people changing their throttle bodies, not by hondata per se. people are hoping to fix their ecu confusion therein with hondata tuning. i haven't actually researched how successful this has been...
I have rev hang with the stock TB too. Rev hang is from the TL ecu and it cannot be fix with hondata tuning as of now. need a fix like they did on version 1.7.0 for the Kseries guys.
DomGSR-T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:38 PM   #18

Quote:
U didn't miss out...I msged him...this was a 3.5 im and tb mislabeled as a 3.7
I thought that TB looked awfully small

NA.... Till I Spray
Old March 22nd, 2015, 11:07 PM   #19
The Jester

Quote:
Or a new intake...how about part numbers for the im and zdx tb? There's so many im threads I can't tell what's the proper IM to bolt rite up. It would prob make sense to just drop in the pnp runners while changing the im also.

I've read on here it's usually better to do either Im spacer or im. But not both, true or no?
a shorter IM spacer can be used nearly universally given that the spacer + runners are both ported correctly, and to the correct target power band.
heeltoe is easiest place to get the IM/TB, no worrying about missing parts or finding the best deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05accord6spd View Post
You guys still selling runners for 180-200$? You both do them the same way?
Yup, and probably similar. I use some carbide bits, sandpaper rolls, and a die grinder as well as belt sander and polishing bits depending on the job. And I have a spare set of blanks rn, you know where the pm is. However i've heard 325 does them as well.

and i use a respirator and glasses, no aluminum lung for me learned to use both of those the hard way while porting my heads.
thisaznboi88 likes this.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 11:25 PM   #20

fun fact aluminum causes constipation. ;p

Ooo I forgot to add. Hondata can raise the redline and speed limiter. 8000RPM HERE I come!
Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:49 AM   #21
The Jester

Just remember to upgrade springs! I'm not sure the tls springs are capable of 8000 comfortably with the stock valves. I have a vague memory of them only being 7600 capable.

my suggestion would be to get springs, valve stems, and a valve job done all at the same time. Very worth it, you might be able to get to 8500 if you can get the porting done correctly on the IM and all that. (@azn, or OP)
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:07 AM   #22

jigga runs his car to 8k all day
Old March 23rd, 2015, 02:22 PM   #23

^ 7600.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:31 PM   #24

Are you sure. I thought he said 8k? On one of his video and I asked why his motor didn't blow up yet.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:58 PM   #25

I thought it was 7,800
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:04 PM   #26
SFL AV6

7800 on dyno tune few times.....7600 for close to a year before my 3rd to 2nd mishift
nismoasfuh likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jiga21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:09 PM   #27

^nice! the man came in
Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:47 PM   #28
SK8 OR DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomGSR-T View Post
I have rev hang with the stock TB too. Rev hang is from the TL ecu and it cannot be fix with hondata tuning as of now. need a fix like they did on version 1.7.0 for the Kseries guys.
Damn that is fail.

Really??!

Haven't been on here in a while.
I have some serious j37 intake research to do yet...guess I will learn all the things
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #29

Well sounds like I'll b ordering a 3.7 IM and a zdx tb. Will I need to do the idle relearn after all is installed? Anyone want to pnp some runners? Haha I mind as well do it once and do it rite.
07J30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #30

PnP runners can be done. I can ask my buddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in