04 v6 sedan Performance parts - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:29 AM   #1

04 v6 sedan Performance parts

could anyone plzzzzzz assist me on where to find a good exhaust system, headers, intake, and a performance ecu which would fit on my 4 doors accord, i have been searching the net for a while and all i get is for coupe.

i have a budget of around $2000+ for these parts.
i have looked in to borla exhaust system part #140080 which says it fit only coupe only, would it fit on to my sedan. i have sent
borla an email a week ago and still no reply, also some other sites as well and none replied, all are useless.

i would really be thankful to you guys for your help

i really want to make this car in to a powerful and beautiful lady to ride

thanks guys
Mr Malik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2004, 06:56 AM   #2
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Welcome to v6performance.net... as for headers, you cant get em because the exaust manifolds for the front and rear deck are casted on the to the exahust heads. Comptech is expecting a J-pipe/B-pipe soon to alleviate some of the restrictions. There is no ecu at this time either, but we are working with Unichip of America to get on made. Intakes, well there is AEM, and Injen intakes right now, and maybe some ebay knock offs also. The borla exhaust is being tested on a Sedan as we speak to make sure the changes are being made.

If you use the search function ALL of these topics have been previously discussed by hundreds of people before you. So please take the time to research on what products are out there to help make your particular car faster. Again welcome to v6performance.net
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:07 AM   #3
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Ok, here's a little info.......

Headers - Not available for the J30A4, due to the heads having cast-in collectors already. Eventually there will be a b-pipe made for our cars, and I believe there are good gains to be had there.

Exhaust systems - Borla, MagnaFlow, Greddy Evo2 or custom. I think there's another one available also, but can't remember the manufacturer. The Mag fits fine. The Borla, I think, needs the tips modified for use on a sedan, due to not having the coupe style "bumper cutouts". Or the local muffler shop should be able to make you a custon system.

Intakes - AEM, Injen, K&N, eBay, 6-speed quasi-cai, diy sri/cai..... all available, probably other brands too. Both CAI and SRI are made for the car. I can vouch for the gains from the Injen CAI, and others rave about the AEM's, so those two are proven winners.

ECU - Nothing available, and probably won't be, from what I've read. You can get a vafc though, and people have seen measurable gains from the addition of it.

And, search here, not anywhere else, if you want the good info.

Last edited by 03LXV6Guy; March 13th, 2004 at 06:56 PM..
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #4

you guys are the best. thanks alot
Mr Malik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #5
Banned

Im suprised there is no pulley set available for our cars yet! I feel like Unorthodox or AEM should come out with a nice set soon! Should add a very nice amount of power too! I want to make my car to be able to hang with a 350Z. Im guessing I am going to need exhaust, intake, pulleys and some other sh*t as well!
tommcimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #6

I just called Borla. The fella I talked to didn't know anything about a new application for the Gen 7 V6 Sedan, but he admitted that they didn't get updates on all the new stuff being tested. He did say that they have not tested the existing system on the Sedan. For those of you who think that the Coupe version will fit on the Sedan, remember that the wheelbases are slightly different, so that probably means they need to be different lengths between the front and back wheels.

I hoped to get some kind of release date for the Sedan. I'm looking at getting an exhaust, but I read a post here that the Magnaflow was fairly loud, whereas the Borla for the Coupe was fairly quiet since they fixed the resonance issue. I'm looking for more horsepower, not more sound. Don't know if I completely believe the claimed gains by Borla, but I remember seeing a picture and the exhaust splits into two pipes sooner than the Magnaflow. The Magnaflow splits like a "T" (ie like the stock exhaust), whereas the Borla splits like a "Y" before the rear suspension, and the 90-degree bends are softer. I may be wrong there because I can't find the picture that I seem to remember seeing of the Borla system. It seems to me, if true, that the Borla would be less restrictive in that regard.

Anyways, I hope Borla makes a commitment soon for the Sedan. I talked to Brad at performancepeddler, and he is just starting to peddle the Borla systems. They are more expensive, though. He said about $515 delivered (to Chicago) vs. $370 for the Magnaflow. If I have to add another resonator to the Magnaflow to make it quieter, the cost difference becomes less significant.

Anyone with any new comments regarding noise levels of the two systems, or release dates, or anything else, please post them. Noise levels are hard to describe. It's something you have to experience. I would prefer the noise to be like the stock exhaust (which I think sounds just great). The fella at Borla did say that they would definately post any new release for the Sedan on v6performance.net.
fastnotfurious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #7

I just called Borla. The fella I talked to didn't know anything about a new application for the Gen 7 V6 Sedan, but he admitted that they didn't get updates on all the new stuff being tested. He did say that they have not tested the existing system on the Sedan. For those of you who think that the Coupe version will fit on the Sedan, remember that the wheelbases are slightly different, so that probably means they need to be different lengths between the front and back wheels.

I hoped to get some kind of release date for the Sedan. I'm looking at getting an exhaust, but I read a post here that the Magnaflow was fairly loud, whereas the Borla for the Coupe was fairly quiet since they fixed the resonance issue. I'm looking for more horsepower, not more sound. Don't know if I completely believe the claimed gains by Borla, but I remember seeing a picture and the exhaust splits into two pipes sooner than the Magnaflow. The Magnaflow splits like a "T" (ie like the stock exhaust), whereas the Borla splits like a "Y" before the rear suspension, and the 90-degree bends are softer. I may be wrong there because I can't find the picture that I seem to remember seeing of the Borla system. It seems to me, if true, that the Borla would be less restrictive in that regard.

Anyways, I hope Borla makes a commitment soon for the Sedan. I talked to Brad at performancepeddler, and he is just starting to peddle the Borla systems. They are more expensive, though. He said about $515 delivered (to Chicago) vs. $370 for the Magnaflow. If I have to add another resonator to the Magnaflow to make it quieter, the cost difference becomes less significant.

Anyone with any new comments regarding noise levels of the two systems, or release dates, or anything else, please post them. Noise levels are hard to describe. It's something you have to experience. I would prefer the noise to be like the stock exhaust (which I think sounds just great). The fella at Borla did say that they would definately post any new release for the Sedan on v6performance.net.
fastnotfurious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #8
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
Dave borla from borla frequents the site. Theres a few posts from him about 7th gen exausts, including talking about the sedan [although I dont think there is a thread just for it, its talked about in another thread] Just search for threads from him and then search threw them and you'll find all the answers
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in