7th gen intake question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #1

7th gen intake question

Hey. how much did all of you get your intakes for? Where's a good place to get one for a good price? thanks!
6speedmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2004, 12:56 AM   #2
ACO's black sheep!

Send a message via AIM to slow CORD grl
it shud be around $145

[ ROFL 3 ... ITS ME ]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slow CORD grl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #3
Ash

I ordered mine off ebay. I got the AEM one. I wouldn't worry about getting the V2. It's practically the same as the other one for much less $$. The only way you'll tell a difference is if you plan on driving over 100 miles an hour. All it is is a big metal tube anyway. With shipping it came out to $188 using the buy it now option. Hope this helps!
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 14th, 2004, 02:50 PM   #4
Banned

I heard the version 2 has the sensor going into the tube . Make sure you get this one. Thats what the dealer told me
unrealcpu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Ash.. $188 for CAI? you should have shell out another $40 just to get V2... it is that big of a difference..

yes, the IAT sensor is relocated to the tube..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #6
I'm Rick James B*tch

here you go http://www.kinkyimports.com/kinkyimp...s/24-6110.html

I'm getting it soon the AEM V2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M-20 18x7.5 offset 45 on Fuzion ZRi Tires235/40R18
HIDS Xenon Iceberg Blue 7000k
Taken out selling the car soon!

Selling the car soon.
albaughrsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #7
Banned

i would also go for the v2
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:02 PM   #8

I got the V2 and i love it. i reccommend it for all. nice hum and definite difference in torque.
AccordV6NYC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #9

my v2 just came in like couple hours ago im plannin to install it after my trip from cali...because its still freakin snowing in chicago....blah
patrickkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:52 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Jliu2k2
you guys think i should buy an intake v2 or injen or just wait for comptech's downpipe to come out and get that? I hear the 6mt intake is already pretty good so i wouldn't see too much gains. I hear that with the downpipe there is legitimate gains to be made to free up all that pinched piping
Jliu2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:54 PM   #11
Banned

wait for the comptech supercharger , it will come with the icebox.
the down pipe will be great when it comes out im sure
Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by unrealcpu on March 21st, 2004 at 03:54 PM

wait for the comptech supercharger , it will come with the icebox.
the down pipe will be great when it comes out im sure
I didn't know Comptech was even planning a SC kit for the 7th Gen. Last I heard there were no definite plans...?
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM   #13
I love this car!

as far as the 6mt stock exhaust... yes it is pretty free flowing. This is why I am reluctant to buy a V1... because there really is nothing more going on in that one. The V2 has the sensor relocate AND this odd design that so far kinda sorta makes sense to me. Even if the V2 makes only 5hp more than the v1, you KNOW youll make the upgrade someday. Thats just the way we are.. us tuners. So I say, if youre the type to buy into intakes ( like I am ) then the truth of it all is that you are an HP micromanager. So get anal, anal and buy the peace of mind of an AEM v2. I will!

Tein H-tech
CL-s sway
35% tint
rpgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #14

AEM v2 says 25hp gain-- i think thats a little high what are some reasonable estimates on HP incrase and Torque increase ?

and will gettin the AEM v2 nullify the Honda warranty on the engine ?
EX-6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:03 AM   #15
I love this car!

TOV dynoed the 6speed at 217hp... and russianrsx-s dynoed his car with injen intake and remus muffler and dynoed 221 and then with cat-back at 225hp. Here, you are looking at 4hp gain with "regular" intake, if not less (considereing the exhaust too). The aem site says 9whp for the injen. 4-9whp aint THAT great. Someone even claimed that the inken gave them 10hp. But I didnt see a dyno from them.

The V2 website has 18.7-22hp gain for their v2 with dynos provided. This is the MAX gain though. jgarner got MAX 15whp or somthing like that, but his dyno were not corrected nor were they done on the same day. The AEM site had corrected numbers.

me personally, id pay extra for the extra (potentially 18hp more)

Tein H-tech
CL-s sway
35% tint

Last edited by rpgonzalez; March 25th, 2004 at 12:15 PM..
Old March 25th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #16
Banned

So what does aem v2 give with no exhaust upgrade. I just bought this last night and i am curious to find out what gains i am expecting. is it 3 hp?
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:25 PM   #17
I love this car!

Quote:
Originally posted by unrealcpu
So what does aem v2 give with no exhaust upgrade. I just bought this last night and i am curious to find out what gains i am expecting. is it 3 hp?

Worst case scenario: +8whp
Best case scenario: +22whp

The worst case scenario was with a non- SAE-corrected, apples to oranges comparison done by jgarner. His second run got about +15.6 whp. This is the only non-aem sponsored dyno Ive seen after searching, and the methodology was not rigorous. (read the very last post) worst case

The best case scenario is from the guy who lent the car to AEM V2 for production. Conspiracy theory says these guys cheated and used higher octane on the "AEM" run. Also, that +22whp is a peak at like 6500rpm.
best case

Tein H-tech
CL-s sway
35% tint
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Ash
I ordered mine off ebay. I got the AEM one. I wouldn't worry about getting the V2. It's practically the same as the other one for much less $$. The only way you'll tell a difference is if you plan on driving over 100 miles an hour. All it is is a big metal tube anyway.
This is completely untrue and a whole lot of misinformation. You should really do some research before making sweeping claims like this.

The V1 and V2 may be "big metal tubes" but the differences in the V2 compared to the V1 are quite notable. AEM does considerable research on each car that they produce a V2 for and find the correct tuning using sound frequencies to optimize the amount of air going into the intake manifold. This increases power at lower and upper RPMs (as oppossed to most intakes which just increase power at upper RPMs), not just at 100 mph. I've talked to the engineer who helped design the V2 and there is a whole lot of design that goes into their product (thus the premium price tag).
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2004, 06:22 PM   #19
Banned

i think i just made a good choice. I just ordered the aem v2 for 248 shipped.
looking foward to it 2weeks from now, and hopefully i will see a more than 3-7hp increase
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #20
I love this car!

Quote:
Originally posted by unrealcpu
i think i just made a good choice. I just ordered the aem v2 for 248 shipped.
looking foward to it 2weeks from now, and hopefully i will see a more than 3-7hp increase
cpu guy,

why do you keep saying that? Ive provided you with evidence that the minimum is at least higher than 8hp... it is MOST LIKELY something like 18hp. STONER from accord tuner got these results by addding v2

Best V2 Run: [email protected]
Best Stock Run: [email protected]
Stock Runs: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

an approx .2 gain in 1/4 mile DEFINITELY shows more gain than just 7 hp.

Tein H-tech
CL-s sway
35% tint
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #21
Banned

yes you are right. i cant wait
thanks for the post.

I think im going for HID next month phillips 6000k

Hey i was going to wait for the comptech ice box but i said screw it and orders the v2. I cant wait.

Oh my next future mod will probbly be tein springs and then switch over to the coil overs around 40-50k miles. What do you think ? i have 3400m
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #22
Large Member

Would this be a good time to ask about what one can do to prevent water ingestion on a V2 intake? I had an AEM in my 01 and always held my breath when I drove over a puddle of unknown depth...Can you use the bypass valve on a V2 (I see some here think they are a complete waste...)?
duck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 04:38 AM   #23
Banned

i think there is a way but you have to saw the tube in half and install a bypass valve. Which would be dum because you will not gain any hp
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:47 AM   #24
Banned

Do you have to take out the battery to get the intake installed?
I am thinking about installing HID and wasnt sure if you had to remove the battery as well.
Woudl it be better to install Phillips 6000HID while installing the intake.

any experiece or advice would be helpful
thanks
Old March 26th, 2004, 08:29 AM   #25
Banned

I would say to look for the best price for the intake. Look for it used cauze 240something for an intake is outrageous. It's a hallow tube with a filter on the end. That doesn't cost more than 70 bucks if u do it urself buying the parts at retail price in a hardware store. If u look for other cars like Ford, the aftermarket intakes are wayy cheaper. Personally I've noticed that the price for Honda aftermarket parts are pretty high.
Well, I haven't heard anything from the aem cai. From reading many posts I've seen that there isn't much difference between Injen and Aem V2. The only difference is that AEM V2 relocated the sensor(wow!!) and the tube is smaller at first and get's bigger half way. The Injen is pretty big the whole way until where the filter is where it actually gets bigger like the V2.
Personally the sound frequency thing from AEm v2 is . What they're really doing is trying to look better or different than the competition. It's called marketing. First they relocated the sensor like 6 inches farther away from the manifold(ohhh that will give ya 5HP extra) and the intake looks weird and "technological". Kinda makes injen look "inferior", but it's actually the same. It's like LEVIS and WRANGLER. The jeans are made at the same plant, but u pay premium price for the NAME. So if u want LEVIS so u can talk get the AEm V2, if u want practicallity(wrangler) get an Injen for 180 bucks instead of 240 bucks from V2. Just take the other 60 and treat urself to a nice dinner, a shirt, and a movie ticket. Forget about ur car, it's just a piece of metal with rubber and stuff. UR MORE IMPORTANT.
vsmack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:14 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by unrealcpu on March 26th, 2004 at 07:47 AM

Do you have to take out the battery to get the intake installed?
I am thinking about installing HID and wasnt sure if you had to remove the battery as well.
Woudl it be better to install Phillips 6000HID while installing the intake.

any experiece or advice would be helpful
thanks
I haven't purchased a CAI for my car yet because I think the prices are a little steep, but I can relate my experience installing my HID kit. The passenger's side is not a big issue. You can even install it through the engine bay, no need to go through the fender. It's similar to a halogen replacement except for the additional wiring and ballast/igniter..

The driver's side OTOH, was very difficult in my case. If you decide to install it through the engine bay, you will need to remove the battery or get it out of the way somehow. The HID bulbs are larger than halogens and there is very little room to access the headlight housing as it is.

If you decide to go through the fender, like I did, the intake will be in the way. HID kits involve rewiring and ballast placement; it is very hard to do the wiring with a thick plastic tube in the way. Not only did I remove the intake, but I also removed the wheel to get more room.

It might sound like it's simply easier to remove the battery, and it probably is. I guess if you don't mind resetting all you HU presets, removing the battery is easier. Incidentally, after removing the bottom portion of my intake which is shaped like an elbow, I didn't bother reinstalling it after I finished my HID install. I figured, since I will be getting an aftermarket CAI sometime anyway, I could make it easier for myself by having to remove less parts in the future.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #27
I love this car!

Just because we dont understand the science of the AEM v2 does not mean its a hoax. Its possible its a hoax... look at 100% of the infomercials.

On the other hand, computer modeling has come a long way and contributed to amazing advancements. Take the accord for example... its a v-6 weighing in at 3300 pounds, producing 240+hp and still manages to get 24mpg city driving. Thats possible through technology and all kinds of "tricks." My harley davidson gets about 24mpg also... and its a v-2 making under 100hp! How does honda do it?

as a side note... the v2 is DEFINITELY NOT just a tube with a filter at the end. It has two tubes, each with different effective lenghts. How that helps, I dont know if it does... but aem spent alot of time researching this design and we pick up the tab!

Tein H-tech
CL-s sway
35% tint
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #28
Banned

i believe in AEM , and i believe that it will produce more HP than any other CAI on the market even the comptech ice box when it is released. 248 shipped ... please 60-80 dollars to me is nothing. I make 60k a year and im 27 so do you really think that 80-100 more dollars to buy the best worries me. NOPE
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by APOLLON
I haven't purchased a CAI for my car yet because I think the prices are a little steep, but I can relate my experience installing my HID kit. The passenger's side is not a big issue. You can even install it through the engine bay, no need to go through the fender. It's similar to a halogen replacement except for the additional wiring and ballast/igniter..

The driver's side OTOH, was very difficult in my case. If you decide to install it through the engine bay, you will need to remove the battery or get it out of the way somehow. The HID bulbs are larger than halogens and there is very little room to access the headlight housing as it is.

If you decide to go through the fender, like I did, the intake will be in the way. HID kits involve rewiring and ballast placement; it is very hard to do the wiring with a thick plastic tube in the way. Not only did I remove the intake, but I also removed the wheel to get more room.

It might sound like it's simply easier to remove the battery, and it probably is. I guess if you don't mind resetting all you HU presets, removing the battery is easier. Incidentally, after removing the bottom portion of my intake which is shaped like an elbow, I didn't bother reinstalling it after I finished my HID install. I figured, since I will be getting an aftermarket CAI sometime anyway, I could make it easier for myself by having to remove less parts in the future.
Cool i will wait and install my HID then my CAI .
THanks for the advice
Old March 26th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #30
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
Quote:
Originally posted by vsmack

Personally the sound frequency thing from AEm v2 is . What they're really doing is trying to look better or different than the competition. It's called marketing. First they relocated the sensor like 6 inches farther away from the manifold(ohhh that will give ya 5HP extra) and the intake looks weird and "technological". Kinda makes injen look "inferior", but it's actually the same. It's like LEVIS and WRANGLER. The jeans are made at the same plant, but u pay premium price for the NAME. So if u want LEVIS so u can talk get the AEm V2, if u want practicallity(wrangler) get an Injen for 180 bucks instead of 240 bucks from V2. Just take the other 60 and treat urself to a nice dinner, a shirt, and a movie ticket. Forget about ur car, it's just a piece of metal with rubber and stuff. UR MORE IMPORTANT.
You've never spent a day looking into the princibles and theorys behind automotive engines have you? AEM's V2 uses that technology to help ram more air in. It works. Been doing crap like this for many years in NA motors in racing. Its how you get a supercharging affect without any type of blower/turbo.
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in