Disabling egr with hondata? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thisaznboi88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM   #1

Disabling egr with hondata?

I want a block off plate but not the code that goes with it. I've seen the plate that keeps the egr functional without the gasses recirculating back to the intake but truth be told I'd rather just block it with a cheap plate. Can I disable the egr system with hondata and avoid the code being thrown? I'm assuming yes, but how?

There's a checkbox on my latest map for "egr system enabled" that's currently checked, do u just uncheck this box?

Also I live in a county where all emissions go through the obd 2 port. Basically looking for engine codes and all systems in "ready"mode. Anyone know if disabling the Egr will keep this system out of ready mode and cause me to fail the test?
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2015, 11:20 AM   #2

Yes you can. I used a blox block off plate. no CEL.
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #3

Yea you can there a box u check that turns it off.

Old October 15th, 2015, 02:28 PM   #4

Ok so just load up my most recent calibration uncheck the "enable egr" box (or whatever the box actually reads) then flash my ecu?

Can I skip adding the plate and just leave the egr in place and unplug it?
Old October 15th, 2015, 02:46 PM   #5

Yeah u can do that also and not remove anything. But give that egr a quick cleaning
07J30 likes this.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2019, 02:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07J30 View Post
I want a block off plate but not the code that goes with it. I've seen the plate that keeps the egr functional without the gasses recirculating back to the intake but truth be told I'd rather just block it with a cheap plate. Can I disable the egr system with hondata and avoid the code being thrown? I'm assuming yes, but how?

There's a checkbox on my latest map for "egr system enabled" that's currently checked, do u just uncheck this box?

Also I live in a county where all emissions go through the obd 2 port. Basically looking for engine codes and all systems in "ready"mode. Anyone know if disabling the Egr will keep this system out of ready mode and cause me to fail the test?
So did you pass emissions with it disabled in hondata. I have the same problem and am due for inspection. Replaced the EGR valve and the p0401 code came back after a few days.
leonine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in