Going Supercharged - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2015, 04:16 PM   #1

Going Supercharged

There is a local guy by me that I met at a Honda meet thats selling a comptech supercharger kit that I will buy, however, its for the 98-00 accord and 99-03 cl....so...can this kit work with the 7th gen engine bay? Intake elbow lining up with manifold, belt lining up with pulley etc.

If anyone has contact with Paul or anyone who would know please let me know, cant pass up this opportunity, thanks.

Last edited by pa1nt13aller; November 14th, 2015 at 02:27 AM..
pa1nt13aller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2015, 05:07 PM   #2

Spoke to Sean at Autowave, he said it should fit up well, the intake elbow should be the main concern. Heel&Toe auto couldnt answer my question, waiting on comptech to respond as well, might take a couple lifetimes for them to respond though.
Old November 13th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #3

interesting! keep us updated please
rave93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 14th, 2015, 02:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave93 View Post
interesting! keep us updated please
Will do I'm going to check it out tomorrow and see how things look. It's going to be so expensive though as a whole project. New clutch, injectors, engine mounts, the supercharger kit, battery relocation kit, etc
Old November 14th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #5

MP90 supercharger retrofitted to the MP62 Comptech Kit - AcuraZine Community

make it a mp90 while you're at it
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2015, 04:01 AM   #6
The Jester

Or switch to the prank parts m90 for about 1/5 the cost, more boost, and less heat.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2015, 05:35 AM   #7

I would rather stick to lower boost for now, will I need forged pistons? I'm already putting down 270-290whp (my accurate guess apart from dyno sheets). Isn't the regular output around 4-5 psi? I do not want to stress the motor....

Mind you I'm buying this kit for $1500.
Old November 15th, 2015, 05:37 AM   #8

And what injectors would be a good match? 500? 650cc? Can the rdx 410 handle it?
Old November 15th, 2015, 07:25 AM   #9

I would get 650cc just so that you have room to grow later on. The RDX injectors can be modified to do more than 410cc, but in either case you need to start thinking about new fuel pump and doing a return line with a fuel pressure regulator
Old November 15th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
I would get 650cc just so that you have room to grow later on. The RDX injectors can be modified to do more than 410cc, but in either case you need to start thinking about new fuel pump and doing a return line with a fuel pressure regulator
this is getting expensive lol. I thought I could maybe do without upgrading the fuel system but I know I'm getting close to not having a choice... What injectors are recommended for plug n play? ID725? RC 650?

Can I do without forged pistons?
Old November 15th, 2015, 08:51 AM   #11

you won't need forge piston if you run low to medium boost pulley, anything higher and you will run the risk of blowing out the ring lands after a while.

Going boost is never cheap. here is the difference between Unsaturated vs saturated injectors

There are two basic types of injectors that work on Honda and acura cars. How they operate are totally different. Let's take a look.

Peak and Hold:

Peak/hold injectors are low impedence, usually in the 1-4 ohm range. When the ecu calls for fuel to be injected, it sends out voltage via the wire clips until a certain current level is reached (the peak part) (varies by injector size, company). For the duration of 1 pulse width, that current is slightly reduced and held (the hold part).

Advantages of this design:
minimizes the injectors "on" time, resulting in faster response
Disadvantages of this design:
increases coil heat, which can lead to failure over time
<hr>

Saturated:

Saturated injectors are generally higher impedence than peak and hold, running in about the 10-15 ohms range. Unlike peak/hold, a saturated injector remains "on" for the entire pulse width.

Advantages of this design:
reduces heat
Disadvantages of this design:
slower response time
can't handle large CC or lb/hr styles due to limitations in its speed.
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:38 PM   #12
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa1nt13aller View Post
I would rather stick to lower boost for now, will I need forged pistons? I'm already putting down 270-290whp (my accurate guess apart from dyno sheets). Isn't the regular output around 4-5 psi? I do not want to stress the motor....

Mind you I'm buying this kit for $1500.
Quote:
This is why I recommended the prankparts. The smaller mp62 will create more heat meaning it will need more fuel to cool down. The mp90 is expensive as hell to add. The m90 should add around 4-5 lbs at a reasonable temperature. And honestly in most cases the SC is around half the cost of the system.

PP adapter with TB adapter is ~400, m90 rebuild kits are ~100. It usually fits on j32a2 IM, but might fit ours, so that would have to be taken care of, but those are maybe 100 shipped (ive got you if you go this route)

Thats around 600-700 tops with a freshly rebuilt m90, you already have the chip to tune, and on low boost you can probably set up the RDX injectors to cover boost initially fairly easily if the FPR is set a little bit high feel free to chime in on this one azn

As far as pump, I would try the stock one first, see how it feeds, and if it doesn't work go from there. Either way thats a boost kit with <1000 $, the only downside is it sticking out from the hood.
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #13

M90 can be adapted to the comptech kit, but the guy that originally did it wiped all the pictures.

The benefit between the m90 over the m62 is that it doesn't beat the **** out of the air and cause excess heat. M62 was recommended for 3.0L. m90 is recommended up to 4.6L?? (correct me if i am wrong). You can the m90 at a lower boost and make just as much power as the m62 on med to high due to the increase in efficiency.

Enough of my rant.

But if you are planning to run the m62. I suggest you get a water/methanol system to add another layer of protection. For increasing the FPR I think you can crush the restrictor, but I really have no idea how many psi can be gain from doing that.

Also to answer your original question. The accord 98-02 supercharger will work, except you need to drill need holes for the throttle body since it is different than the gen7 accord/ gen3 tl.

You will also need a new radiator or a new hose because I think it on the accord it will hit the s/c body. The TL have the hose in the top middle of the radiator while the accord is closer to the top driver side.
pa1nt13aller likes this.
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM   #14
The Jester

Quote:
The benefit between the m90 over the m62 is that it doesn't beat the **** out of the air and cause excess heat. M62 was recommended for 3.0L. m90 is recommended up to 4.6L?? (correct me if i am wrong). You can the m90 at a lower boost and make just as much power as the m62 on med to high due to the increase in efficiency.

But if you are planning to run the m62. I suggest you get a water/methanol system to add another layer of protection. For increasing the FPR I think you can crush the restrictor, but I really have no idea how many psi can be gain from doing that.

Also to answer your original question. The accord 98-02 supercharger will work, except you need to drill need holes for the throttle body since it is different than the gen7 accord/ gen3 tl.

You will also need a new radiator or a new hose because I think it on the accord it will hit the s/c body. The TL have the hose in the top middle of the radiator while the accord is closer to the top driver side.
This is the main attraction point. If a car can only go 75mph, the highway probably isn't its best running condition.

Any chance AZ has any documentation of someone changing the stock fpr?
Old November 15th, 2015, 02:03 PM   #15

its in the instructions to crush it. No idea how to swap to a different FPR

http://ct-engineering.com/Portals/17...-SCKit2009.pdf
Old November 15th, 2015, 03:28 PM   #16

Lots of info, good thanks. Getting a better idea of what im getting myself into. I suppose I could crush the FPR, apparently that gains me 10psi more of fuel pressure. Im most likely going to keep the m62 for the project, I want to make this as simply and reliable as possible. I might have to go for the water/meth injection yes, but I dont track the car, nor beat on it, ever. I will occasionally go through 2 gears of 100% throttle then baby it the rest of the trip. Im nice to my car . So will I still need the water/meth injection to keep air intake temps down as well as the safety?
Old November 15th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #17

WTF!?!?! I just looked up the prank parts m90 adapter, screw my current plan ill do that instead!!! Way cheaper, looks better, and much better charger. Hell ya. Why isnt there a thread on this?
Old November 15th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #18

I would run water/meth. Even going from part throttle to wot would still cause higher than normal IAT. Remember even if you're not boosting those rotors are still spinning and generating heat.
Old November 15th, 2015, 04:12 PM   #19

Quote:
I would run water/meth. Even going from part throttle to wot would still cause higher than normal IAT. Remember even if you're not boosting those rotors are still spinning and generating heat.
Change of plans, im doing the prank parts setup instead, far cheaper, way easier too install, looks better and a better blower. I wish I knew about this option sooner, I would expect this to blow up all over the J series community.
Old November 15th, 2015, 05:17 PM   #20
The Jester

Quote:
WTF!?!?! I just looked up the prank parts m90 adapter, screw my current plan ill do that instead!!! Way cheaper, looks better, and much better charger. Hell ya. Why isnt there a thread on this?
Quote:
Change of plans, im doing the prank parts setup instead, far cheaper, way easier too install, looks better and a better blower. I wish I knew about this option sooner, I would expect this to blow up all over the J series community.
Told ya.

It hasn't gotten big because there's no advertising, and it was originally made for j32a2, but I contacted the guy and he's either offering to make adapters/components to use the j30 TB or j37 tb, or has them on his site. Not sure if he updated it or not, but if that's the route I can take care of that bit.

Also, it pokes through the hood a good 4", but either a hood scoop (if you're in the hood) or just leaving it bare, solve the problem. Isn't a huge visibility issue even in a civic, just a cosmetic flaw.

Also, m90s with full guaranteed rebuilds can be had for like 500 I think, or pulled from a local thunderbird and rebuilt for under 100.
Old November 16th, 2015, 09:36 PM   #21

Ken showed this to me before and I thought it was pretty baller.

I wish the guy would make a kit that mounted the M90 directly to the runners. If I could get this under the stock hood I would do this in a heartbeat.
pa1nt13aller likes this.
CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2015, 08:17 AM   #22

Please start a new thread when you adapt the prank part to fit on the 7g. I mite be in on this in the near future, very interested!!
pa1nt13aller likes this.
Old November 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07J30 View Post
Please start a new thread when you adapt the prank part to fit on the 7g. I mite be in on this in the near future, very interested!!
yup i was planning to!
Old November 17th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #24

Me and Oraclem19 are working on this together but putting it on my car. The supercharger I have in my garage, with all gaskets and fluid on the way. Oracle is working with prank parts to make some custom plates...the trouble we are running into atm is lining the supercharger pulley up with our pulley placement on the j30a4/5/j32a3.
Old November 17th, 2015, 02:56 PM   #25

Gotta cut that hood also.
Old November 17th, 2015, 03:57 PM   #26

I'm getting it on too,very soon.
If I can get home from work with some daylight
acuracl35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #27

acuracl35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2015, 04:23 AM   #28

Ooo shiny . Did you have to disassemble the entire supercharger to powder coat it?
Old November 18th, 2015, 05:46 AM   #29
Carpe Diem

Love the color scheme!
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2015, 09:23 AM   #30

[email protected]$$ cant wait to see how it turns out!
will is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in