J30a4 question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2015, 12:51 PM   #1

J30a4 question

I've been spending some time on here looking around but this site seams pretty dead... :/ But regardless I have a few questions for anyone with knowledge to give! First off I work at honda And we just replaced a j30a4 engine for a customer that was ran out of oil and spun a bearing.... I'm swapping this into a Miata which they make a kit for but its for a j32/j35 so first question is are the oil pans interchangeable? Because I have to buy a special one for the swap. Second right now my thoughts are on rebuilding the bottom end and running a turbo. Is that a good route or should I swap the j32a2 block and rebuild that? Will most of the sensors swap from a j30 to a j32? Anyways I may be asking some dumb questions but I was going to go k but this is just being given to me so what the heck?!? Worse case I part out the j30.... Thanks in advance!
ExCb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2015, 06:40 PM   #2

If your donor is a J30a4 then you would be better off with a J32a3 block, not J32a2. J32A2 is more compatible with the J30a1.

If you go the J32a3 block you can stroke it for increased displacement (The J36...) using the top end, oil pan, sensors etc, of the J30a4.
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2015, 04:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich01 View Post
If your donor is a J30a4 then you would be better off with a J32a3 block, not J32a2. J32A2 is more compatible with the J30a1.

If you go the J32a3 block you can stroke it for increased displacement (The J36...) using the top end, oil pan, sensors etc, of the J30a4.
Yeeee ^
pa1nt13aller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 20th, 2015, 08:19 AM   #4

Your also speaking about DBW (J30a4, J32a3) to DBC (J32a2, J30a1). I just want to make you aware of that. Not sure if it factors into your swap, but this info should help with the wiring.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:46 PM   #5

Damn! Well that's awesome to hear! Thanks guys I'll keep you posted if I have anymore questions
ExCb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in