J32 swap Dyno- 06 six speed accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By accordlyfe
  • 1 Post By accordlyfe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2016, 12:35 PM   #1

J32 swap Dyno- 06 six speed accord

Hey guys, was finally able to get my 06 six speed on the rollers this afternoon. Dyno was at altech, operated by owner Joe. Great guy, knows his Honda/Acura stuff very well.

Just some back round, I swapped a j32a3 out of a 05 TL into my 06 M/T accord. Original J30 had a knock, and needed a water pump/timing belt soon, so I opted to put in the j32 with only 130,000 kilometers, runs perfect, used TL injectors in the swap.

So, The j32 has been running great since early October. I wanted to get it on the dyno to see if I was running "lean", and what this motor could make backed up by the M/T.

Results: 230 whp ( 227.8). Joe said the car was running very well, and in fact was not running lean. He did 3 back to back pulls, . Car ran very clean, and very strong.

Keep in mind, aside from the j32, stock everything. ECU, intake, exhaust all stock, 230whp.

I was impressed with results. Next step> I/j pipe, eventually a true hondata system.

( I will try and upload pics, unfortunately don't know how to on this site)
Atlas.46, Scottwax and oraclem19 like this.

j32a3
accordlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #2
The Jester

I'm happy we have a baseline dyno of a j32a3 swap, stock. This means now that you have to opportunity to dyno the upgrades you do and know how much they added, where they added, and what the difference really is from your engine.

As far as the pictures, use tinypic or photobucket to upload them, then there should be a link like "share on message board" with text that starts out with a [IMG] section. Copy the whole section and paste into post.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2016, 05:32 PM   #3

In for the dyno chart
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 18th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #4

Yes. I will try to upload pics soon. Joe now does not print dyno sheets for his customers anymore, due to both customer laziness to claim sheets and technical "failure" to print these anymore. Said something about he didn't do a certain update on the dyno.. didn't really get into it. Was more than happy for me to take pics and vids which ill share with you guys.

Lowest pull(last) was 225.8 whp. So we averaged it out to 230whp with 3 pulls. engine fan was on full blast at last pull.

Primarily today, we were not mainly concerned with power. We were looking at how the motor was running, and im glad to say it is very strong and not lean what so ever.. Joe was impressed himself. This is with stock j30 ecu.

I know there's so many variables when dynoing. But to give you some background, the following may have "hindered" an extra couple HP.. It really doesn't matter but here we Go: 1) hour and a half stop and go drive to the dyno ( was in TO)..
2) heavy non oem rims ( almost double the weight wheels) with much smaller tires than Oem (both width and height)
3) Hood was closed, NO fan was pushing cool air onto motor. Motor sucking hot air in a very small area. I am sure some extra cool air would have been beneficial.
4) 91 octane fuel since swap, but I believe i pumped some "bad" gas recently. Car has been a little bit more laggy since last fillup and a CEL briefly came up when driving then went away last week .. I am as of today starting to use fuel additive. Now runs like new and much better again.. maybe would have helped out on the rollers

Any how, anything, even the operator is a variable.

However, I was happy to see the motor was running safe, and the car was a beast on the rollers. Seemed like it wanted to pull itself off the dyno and "hit the road". Was fighting for traction and fwd "fishtailing" when we fed the power to it on the dyno.

Stock J32a3 mated to 6 M/T certainly impressed me today.
alec_av6 likes this.

j32a3
Old February 18th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclem19 View Post
I'm happy we have a baseline dyno of a j32a3 swap, stock. This means now that you have to opportunity to dyno the upgrades you do and know how much they added, where they added, and what the difference really is from your engine.

As far as the pictures, use tinypic or photobucket to upload them, then there should be a link like "share on message board" with text that starts out with a [IMG] section. Copy the whole section and paste into post.

Yes, agreed. I am glad I got a base (and very stout) number with the swap. Now I will see which "upgrades" are the most beneficial in my ongoing build, which is a very slow process lol. Btw, it was a very reasonable price to hit the rollers at this particular spot..

Thanks for advise, I will try and upload this weekend.

j32a3
Old February 18th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #6
The Jester

ah darn, you're in canada. Always wanted a complete stock vs ported runners vs ported n polished runners vs ported n polished runners, pnp mdx spacer, and pnp magnesium manifold. Was tempted to send you out a set here, but I know shipping back and forth is absolutely terrible rates.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2016, 06:08 AM   #7

yes, In Ontario Canada. the exchange rate really does suck right now, and has me limited in buying new mods as of now.

That comparison would have been awesome.

j32a3
Old February 19th, 2016, 03:58 PM   #8

Nice number man. What dyno was used? What was your TQ number? Did you perform your swap yourself?
Old February 20th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #9

Thanks!

Test was performed on a dyno dynamic dynamometer. From my own experience,I come from modding rwd diesel pick up trucks, that are usually tested on mustang dyno', which usually yield better results. The dyno dynamic rollers, usually result in a 10-12% loss..

torque was 210.

My mechanic down the road primarily did the swap for me. I was glad the swap went smoothly, truly a plug and play system.
When we did the swap, we practically rebuilt the entire drivetrain- new fly wheel, took apart tranny, rebuilt front end, you name it, we replaced it. practically a refreshed 06 6 speed

j32a3
Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:45 PM   #10

Nice results! Where are you in Ontario? I'm in scarborough. I have a j32a3 swapped in with some bolt ons, and I'm in the middle of swapping from auto to tl 6mt.
Mikemasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2016, 06:42 AM   #11

Thanks. I am just outside of Guelph. Good to see another member in the area. we should meet up some time

j32a3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in