2017 sport brakes - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:27 PM   #1

2017 sport brakes

ive seen it thrown around that the 2017 accord sport will come with 12.2" rotors. anyone able to confirm this? if so anyone looked into cross compatibility of calipers/rotors/brackets w our 7g dinosaurs?
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2016, 07:18 PM   #2

whats wrong with tsx/tl/6mt coupe 300x28mm rotors???
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 18th, 2016, 10:02 PM   #3

Im running RL calipers
gnxpro24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 28th, 2016, 10:27 PM   #4

The only braking system that I would put on a 7th Gen in 2016 is the Stoptech system. Or if you are on a budget, the Advics RL calipers with some nice 328x28 2 piece rotors. I would not put a 2017 Accord system on a 7th Gen when there is better out.
AccordFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:26 AM   #5

You don't live anywhere that it snows do you? ppl like me who have winter tires on the stock 17" wheels have that to consider. And if the legend dual piston caliper with coupe rotors on a sedan is considered an upgrade why wouldn't a 2017 sport rotor be?

Last edited by 07J30; September 29th, 2016 at 10:44 AM..
07J30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #6
The name is Z

Could always go with the crv caliper upgrade. Benefits of equal diameter dual pistons and use the rotors from the tsx/6-6 coupe. No need to flip for bleeding like the legend calipers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2016, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07J30 View Post
You don't live anywhere that it snows do you? ppl like me who have winter tires on the stock 17" wheels have that to consider. And if the legend dual piston caliper with coupe rotors on a sedan is considered an upgrade why wouldn't a 2017 sport rotor be?
We get a 1-2 foot snowfall just about every year where I am. The RL Caliper should fit a 17 wheel. The 2017 system sounds like an upgrade over the stock 7th gen, but I would not use a factory system, unless the calipers were of aftermarket quality. But that is just me.
AccordFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2016, 09:51 PM   #8
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
Could always go with the crv caliper upgrade. Benefits of equal diameter dual pistons and use the rotors from the tsx/6-6 coupe. No need to flip for bleeding like the legend calipers.
Need to find a source on this, sounds like a currently available and viable upgrade. Although as the car sits right now on RX-7 16s the caliper has about a pinky width of clearance to rim.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2016, 07:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post

this is the first ive heard of this swap, good info, although i already have the legend so im set there. as for the RL calipers, the 17" wheel diameter isnt the problem, its the offset of the factory wheel thats the problem, to fit with factory wheels we need like 20mm spacers (although i still haven't heard anyone able to nail this number down). and that requires extended studs or janky bolt on spacers with new studs attached, never been comfortable with those.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in