Rotrex J Series Supercharger Kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2016, 03:24 PM   #1

Rotrex J Series Supercharger Kit

Does anybody have any info on the Rotrex J Series Supercharger Kit? Has anybody fitted one of these kits to your J30A4 Accord V6 or swapped Accord v6? What mods did you have to do to make it fit it the Accord chasis? The guy told me all that is required is a piping modification to make it fit.

I like this kit better than the CT. It runs with an inter-cooler, and no supercharger whine like the CT. Swap in a TL ECU and Hondata Flash Pro is all you need for engine management and you have a Supercharged and intercooled J30A4 Accord V6 it appears. No radiator modification necessary like the CT Supercharger requires.

The Kit comes in a variety of stages for different J Series Engines. It's Possible to build up a J35A8 and swap it into the Accord and add this kit for 600+HP. And it will run on e85.

https://www.facebook.com/RotrexV6

Last edited by AccordFire; September 22nd, 2016 at 07:31 AM..
AccordFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2016, 05:41 PM   #2

Can anybody make adapters to relocate the Supercharger to the same position as the CT? And some custom piping to the intercooler? I hate losing the AC with this kit.
Old September 9th, 2016, 05:52 PM   #3

that is Andy Gerzard kit, and no, no one makes an adapter to move it up so that you don't lose a/c... yet.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 9th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #4

Somebody should make some adapters for this kit to move the SC up. I wish I had the equipment and know-how to make the adapters, I would do it myself if I could.
Old September 9th, 2016, 06:29 PM   #5

Other than losing the AC, this kit is nice.
Old September 9th, 2016, 06:31 PM   #6

Why can't somebody just make a bolt on kit SC kit for a 7th Gen Accord? It's driving me nuts!!!
Old September 9th, 2016, 06:43 PM   #7

I would love for an off the shelf supercharged and inter-cooled J Series 7th Gen Accord Kit be made specifically for the Accord that retains the AC. No modification of the system necessary to install. There has to be somebody that is capable and willing to offer such a kit. This Andy Gerzard kit is almost it, just needs some tweaking to the kit for me to consider.
Old September 9th, 2016, 06:58 PM   #8

the real question is why do you have to spam??? lol put it in 1 reply man.
Old September 9th, 2016, 07:53 PM   #9

Nobody is spamming here. You went totally off topic.
Old September 9th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #10

uh huh.. keep telling yourself that. If you want something done then get it done yourself. Throw some cash on it and make it happen. My turbo build didn't happen overnight took a lot of planning , buying stuff, failing, and throwing cash at it to get it to work out the way it did.
Old September 9th, 2016, 08:45 PM   #11

If I knew how to make brackets and bend inter-cooler tubing, trust me, I would do it myself. I would rather a company or somebody with a lot more experience and know how to do it though, and just let me purchase the system and install into my car.

**** like this makes me just want to buy a new car instead of putting money into a 2003 Honda.

Plenty of other cars have FI systems that are made specifically for that car. That you can purchase, install, and tune. But not the 7th Gen Accord V6. Makes me almost want to trade my Accord in for a Supra or a G37.
Old September 10th, 2016, 05:30 AM   #12

Trade it in or throw money at a frabicator to make the bracket.

Do you have flashpro? Becuaee that's another grand on top of that kit and tuning ranges from 400-600 dollars.
Old September 10th, 2016, 07:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordFire View Post
Plenty of other cars have FI systems that are made specifically for that car. That you can purchase, install, and tune. But not the 7th Gen Accord V6. Makes me almost want to trade my Accord in for a Supra or a G37.
Sounds like this is research you should have done before buying the accord. We don't have huge aftermarket support but it's slowly getting better w the increasing popularity of the j swap.
Old September 10th, 2016, 01:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07J30 View Post
Sounds like this is research you should have done before buying the accord. We don't have huge aftermarket support but it's slowly getting better w the increasing popularity of the j swap.
I bought my Accord brand new back in 02. I had no plans to add FI at the time, and am surprised that I am still driving it. That's what I am talking about, the J series has become way popular because of the swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
S
Trade it in or throw money at a frabicator to make the bracket.

Do you have flashpro? Becuaee that's another grand on top of that kit and tuning ranges from 400-600 dollars.
I don't have a flashpro, but I am aware that you need a TL ECU Flashed by Hondata along with the Flash Pro for FI. I have no problem purchasing a flashpro and taking it to a shop for a tune.

I looked into fabricators. Its certainly a possibility. Problem is, I don't have a Forced Induction kit to modify and take measurements with.
Old September 10th, 2016, 02:02 PM   #15

Contact Andy and see if he can help you with pricing if you are willing to be a tester for it
Old September 10th, 2016, 06:11 PM   #16

this is the guy you need to get in contact with.

https://www.facebook.com/andy.gerzina?fref=ts
Old September 11th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #17

Quote:
this is the guy you need to get in contact with.

https://www.facebook.com/andy.gerzina?fref=ts
I talked to him. He was cool w/ me, but he specifically said he was not interested in changing his kit or doing any mods to it. I would have to buy a kit from him and do the measurements and blueprints for some brackets and tubing. I have a 8-6 job and live in an apartment, so finding time for a project like this might be hard. I have no clue how to take measurements and do CNC Blueprints. If somebody could teach me, I would possibly be willing to do it when I have the money. The parts that I see needed are a left bracket, a right bracket, an axle similar to the CT supercharger, custom tubing from the SC to the inter-cooler, and custom tubing for the intake. The rest of the kit can remain the same. The kit is awesome as it is, I just need AC where I live, or else I would be all over this kit. It's by far the best I have seen for the J Series.

At the end of the day, I just want to see a bolt on kit on the market for the 7th gen Accord, where the only mod is the TL ECU for the Flash Pro, and everything else is bolt on. Both the CT and Andy's need mods to make them work.
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM   #18

I know what you mean man. I would have love to run a rotrex s/c also but I love my AC especially since this is a daily driver.

How about doing nitrous? That would be the cheapest way to make tons of power and with flashpro you could make it safer
Old September 11th, 2016, 05:32 PM   #19

Quote:
I know what you mean man. I would have love to run a rotrex s/c also but I love my AC especially since this is a daily driver.

How about doing nitrous? That would be the cheapest way to make tons of power and with flashpro you could make it safer
I have always shy'd away from nitrous. I once lived with a guy with a Vette that had a 150 Shot and he blew his engine with it. Turbo or Supercharging is much better for me.

I just want a high quality forced induction kit made for the Accord, that allows you to bolt on to any J Series: J30, J32, J35, 37. I think there are a ton of people out there that want this. Wish a company would make an official kit for the Accord. Nothing fits the accord out of the box. The easiest application I see so far is the CT with a Griffin custom radiator. But I like that Andy's uses an inter-cooler. When it's 100F outside, I bet the inter-cooler makes a huge difference on intake temps.

I am almost tempted to get a G37S 6 Speed and add an off the shelf turbo or sc kit to it. It's just easier for me to deal with than custom fab.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:13 PM   #20

Quote:
I have always shy'd away from nitrous. I once lived with a guy with a Vette that had a 150 Shot and he blew his engine with it. Turbo or Supercharging is much better for me.

I just want a high quality forced induction kit made for the Accord, that allows you to bolt on to any J Series: J30, J32, J35, 37. I think there are a ton of people out there that want this. Wish a company would make an official kit for the Accord. Nothing fits the accord out of the box. The easiest application I see so far is the CT with a Griffin custom radiator. But I like that Andy's uses an inter-cooler. When it's 100F outside, I bet the inter-cooler makes a huge difference on intake temps.

I am almost tempted to get a G37S 6 Speed and add an off the shelf turbo or sc kit to it. It's just easier for me to deal with than custom fab.
Yes, your right, It would be awesome if a bolt on kit was available for us accord/TL guys. There would be much less hesitation for supercharging the J series than it is now.

j32a3
accordlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordlyfe View Post
Yes, your right, It would be awesome if a bolt on kit was available for us accord/TL guys. There would be much less hesitation for supercharging the J series than it is now.
definitely, have to agree with you. For the price of the kit and not being able to retain the A/C is a big problem. Most people don't know that A/c is not only use for cooling. It is also used to in the defroster mode to dry the air and prevent the windows from fogging up. Also considering that it is also marketed to people that drive acura (aka luxury honda) most people would shy away from it.

I think there might be someone in the fb j series nation that might be willing to step it up and make a kit with a driveshaft, but nothing is certain right now.
Old September 12th, 2016, 04:58 PM   #22

Quote:
I talked to him. He was cool w/ me, but he specifically said he was not interested in changing his kit or doing any mods to it. I would have to buy a kit from him and do the measurements and blueprints for some brackets and tubing. I have a 8-6 job and live in an apartment, so finding time for a project like this might be hard. I have no clue how to take measurements and do CNC Blueprints. If somebody could teach me, I would possibly be willing to do it when I have the money. The parts that I see needed are a left bracket, a right bracket, an axle similar to the CT supercharger, custom tubing from the SC to the inter-cooler, and custom tubing for the intake. The rest of the kit can remain the same. The kit is awesome as it is, I just need AC where I live, or else I would be all over this kit. It's by far the best I have seen for the J Series.

At the end of the day, I just want to see a bolt on kit on the market for the 7th gen Accord, where the only mod is the TL ECU for the Flash Pro, and everything else is bolt on. Both the CT and Andy's need mods to make them work.
I agree the market needs a bolt on turbo solution for these cars. However, the one thing no one seems to understand is the cost - what in your mind would this said turbo kit cost, and what would it include?

Let's say it is $4000 - less than a comptech kit, less than Andy's kit, and less than the JnR when it was available.

You'd still need a fuel pump, injectors, hondata, tuning, and probably a battery relocation kit.

At a minimum, that's another $1500 - $2500.

Don't forget that you'll also need a full exhaust - the stock is restrictive and probably wouldn't make enough power. Add another $400 - $800.

So, all in, to have a turbo on this car, but still running a stock motor, you're looking at $7K+. That's no labor either.

If you have an auto, add even more since you have to go full standalone.

Just some food for thought.

Let us know if you go the Nissan route. I've been there and I couldn't stand them. The G35 engine bay is the most crowded pita to work on. Best day ever was selling that car. Lord I hate Nissans.
screaminz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordlyfe View Post
The J Series is one of the best engines to supercharge. Surprised there is not a kit specific to the Accord out, not even from Japan. There is no better bang for your buck than a 7th Gen 6 Speed with a quality forced induction kit on it IMO.
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #24

Quote:
definitely, have to agree with you. For the price of the kit and not being able to retain the A/C is a big problem. Most people don't know that A/c is not only use for cooling. It is also used to in the defroster mode to dry the air and prevent the windows from fogging up. Also considering that it is also marketed to people that drive acura (aka luxury honda) most people would shy away from it.

I think there might be someone in the fb j series nation that might be willing to step it up and make a kit with a driveshaft, but nothing is certain right now.

I agree, for the price, and losing A/C is a huge problem. It would be unbearable without AC on hot summer days. And damp humid days with the defrost.

I hope somebody can step it up and make an Accord specific kit. I think it could be a lucrative venture for whoever does it. The demand is there for one.
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminz28 View Post
I agree the market needs a bolt on turbo solution for these cars. However, the one thing no one seems to understand is the cost - what in your mind would this said turbo kit cost, and what would it include?

Let's say it is $4000 - less than a comptech kit, less than Andy's kit, and less than the JnR when it was available.

You'd still need a fuel pump, injectors, hondata, tuning, and probably a battery relocation kit.

At a minimum, that's another $1500 - $2500.

Don't forget that you'll also need a full exhaust - the stock is restrictive and probably wouldn't make enough power. Add another $400 - $800.

So, all in, to have a turbo on this car, but still running a stock motor, you're looking at $7K+. That's no labor either.

If you have an auto, add even more since you have to go full standalone.

Just some food for thought.

Let us know if you go the Nissan route. I've been there and I couldn't stand them. The G35 engine bay is the most crowded pita to work on. Best day ever was selling that car. Lord I hate Nissans.
I would prefer to keep my Accord over getting the Nissan. I just want my Accord boosted. I would be willing to spend up to $5-6K for a boost system, injectors and fuel pump included. I plan to get RV6 PreCat, J Pipe, and Apexi WS2 Exhaust in the next few months. My 14 year old stock exhaust has had enough. I can do the Forced Induction install myself. Obviously, I would need Hondata and would have to take it to a shop for tuning. Worth it for me.
Old September 12th, 2016, 08:38 PM   #26

I am running stock fuel pump and the stock non-return fuel system. So you should be okay unless you up the boost like crazy.

Would you consider the comptech s/c if it was cheap?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-HONDA-...VXmhLx&vxp=mtr

Last edited by thisaznboi88; September 12th, 2016 at 08:55 PM..
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #27

That is about $3,000 too much for a comptech, lol. Its nothing but a giant heat pump - way too small for these V6s.
Old September 13th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #28

Paul still builds m90 s.c. but not sure how long the wait time is
Old September 13th, 2016, 07:52 AM   #29

Quote:
Paul still builds m90 s.c. but not sure how long the wait time is
His version of the M90 is the way to go for a PD blower. Much better than the Prank parts version, though I see the appeal in the cost difference wiht the Prank version.

I'm just not sold on PD blowers on these cars. Id take a centrifugal or a turbo every time over the most efficient PD.
Old September 13th, 2016, 09:21 AM   #30

Quote:
I am running stock fuel pump and the stock non-return fuel system. So you should be okay unless you up the boost like crazy.

Would you consider the comptech s/c if it was cheap?

Acura Honda Accord CL TL Type s J32 3 2 V6 Comptech Ct Turbo Supercharger | eBay
I saw this. Wasn't sure if it fit the J30A4 or not. I am assuming it does. If I had the money right now, I would buy it, but I just had to spend $2k on other mods.

How much is cheap? I would rather buy new if I went that route.

Last edited by AccordFire; September 13th, 2016 at 09:38 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in