J30 forge rods - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NVA-AV6
  • 1 Post By screaminz28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2016, 07:26 AM   #1

J30 forge rods

Honda Accord Acura CL - J30A Rods - Pauter

founds some j30a4/5 rods :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Mr. Detail

Damn, almost $1500. But I guess that's cheaper than rebuilding motors when stock rods fail.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 18th, 2016, 12:44 PM   #3

Wouldnt u need to balance the crank shaft for the new weights if its lighter or heavier???
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 18th, 2016, 12:45 PM   #4

And isnt it more practical to dump a j35 or j37 crank shaft rod if u doing that much work already??????
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 18th, 2016, 01:08 PM   #5

nope because you cant high rev on those motor. and you lose the benefit of a square engine.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 19th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #6
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

I sent him samples of all 3 honda rods to him quite a while ago. Yes 3, J30/32 use the same rod specs, then 35 and 37. Yes they are pricey, but bullet proof.
thisaznboi88 likes this.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 20th, 2016, 08:06 AM   #7

I question the need for such expensive rods unless one is soley dedicated to American made. However, I still am shocked that the price differential between chinese rods and American rods are 7x.

The china rods are proven to take over 30PSI of boost from twin GT35s and 8 second passes.
screaminz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 20th, 2016, 10:29 AM   #8
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminz28 View Post
I question the need for such expensive rods unless one is soley dedicated to American made. However, I still am shocked that the price differential between chinese rods and American rods are 7x.

The china rods are proven to take over 30PSI of boost from twin GT35s and 8 second passes.
1) Yes they are superior quality than Chinese rods.
2) Go ahead and try to get a Chinese company to make you A set, unless you are buying a couple hundred sets they will not talk to you....
3) Because he is "custom" making them one set at a time costs are MUCH higher vs pumping out a couple hundred sets.
Old September 20th, 2016, 01:32 PM   #9

You can buy them for $60 each in quantities as low as 1, and even get better pricing when you buy in quantities of at least 20. You can buy 4 sets of these for less than 1 set of Pauters. Sure, Pauter is "better quality" with all that "better American Union Steel". There are many top quality brands that now manufacture in China because they have to in order to stay competitive. Eagle, Scat, and Manley all use Chinese manufacturing, and they are brand names of varying degrees of tiers.

I do agree that making one set at a time is cost prohibitive, but that's his own fault. It's a catch-22 for him. He could make more for inventory, but then that inventory is sitting eating up cashflow. He wont do it because they aren't selling, but they might sell @ 1,000 for a set rather than $1500, but he won't know because he won't make them.

Anywho - I'm still waiting for some cheap China pistons for the J32. I'll trust the rods, they're well proven.
Atlas.46 likes this.
screaminz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in