RV6 - Pre Cat Deletes or PCDs install and review - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2i2dk1ny2i3
  • 1 Post By 2i2dk1ny2i3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2016, 02:07 AM   #1

RV6 - Pre Cat Deletes or PCDs install and review

i'll be hopefully getting them installed this weekend and will post pics, a review, and sound clips if possible

i got the Version 3 since most V2 and V1's don't exist anymore due to the fact that RV6 replaced almost all of them due to defects

other Performance Parts:

1. custom Intake
2. Tsudo J pipe
3. Dual Borla Exhausts with custom straight piping

4. RV6 Pre Cat Deletes

also, i got the $369.00 version and couldn't justify getting the $569.00 High Flow Precats (HFPC) since i haven't seen anyone Dyno them with gains justifying paying $200 more

RV6 PCD
RV6™ V3 PCDs™ (Precat Deletes) Kit for 03-07 Accord V6 (3.0L)

RV6 HFPC
RV6™ V3 HFPCs™ (High Flow Precats) Kit for 03-07 Accord V6 (3.0L)
0VM66T likes this.
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2016, 11:58 PM   #2

drive to getting PCDs installed after going to the local Junk Yard...McLaren FTW:

pics of the RV6 Pre Cat Deletes, Gaskets, etc. etc. including the License Plate Frame and Lanyard:

Sights in and around while waiting for the few hours it took for Install

Subie FOR SALE around $25Kish for anyone in and around CO:

MASSIVE 28 inch Wheels...Tires...so skinny

if you need a Expensive vehicle shipped across the country...i guess i would try:

Tesla dealership nice enough to let me look inside one of their Tesla's when their "technically" not suppose to:

17" screen...very nice

Old November 7th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #3

for anyone thinking of getting the RV6 Pre Cat Deletes at the $369.00 V3 or the $569.00 version and thinking is it really the "BEST BANK FOR YOUR BUCK"

here's my personal review,

Sound: not much difference but DEF. still keep that nice Deep tone with my current Performance Mods. If you have a J Pipe, the "snake rattle" sound will be way better. The RV6 PCDs add a nicer deeper tone throughout lower gears and screams in higher RPMS but what I was dreading most...RASP! and whether I would have to fork out more money to add a Resonator to my current Dual Borla + Straight piping to get rid of it...at its current sound...definitely glad I won't have to add this

Gains: here's the easiest way I can put it with a Trunk full of Parts, my 30 pd. Toolbox, Jack, etc. etc.

Imagine your at a Red Light, dead stop, not moving...your floor it...if your in an Auto like me, it'll shift around 6.5K RPMish and while its shifting from 1st into 2nd...you start to count in your head the milli-seconds of time to 2nd and eventually reach around 80 MPH when you hit 3rd gear

now WITH the RV6 Pre Cat Deletes...same scenario as above but you hit 80 MPH IN 2nd gear and not 3rd @ around 5K RPM meaning if you are still flooring it...you will hit 100MPH in 2nd gear! simply put...the PCDs get rid of any LAG between 1st and 2nd...and you can hit 100MPH or higher in 2nd gear vs having to go into 3rd gear

the gains are great, sound is fantastic, very nice deeper tone than before and i would highly recommend this Mod if you can

total cost for me:

$370 RV6 PCD/shipped
$250 install and labor

$620

if i had to choose...i would do it exactly the same for my current Performance Mods:

1. custom Air Intake ($150-200ish)
2. custom Straight Piping with dual Borla Exhaust/Mufflers (piping/labor $150ish & retail on Borla is around $290 not including shipping or $580 for the pair)
3. Tsudo J Pipe ($450-550ish with install/labor)
4. RV6 PCDs ($620 shipped/installed/labor)

also, i can't imagine how much better it would be not being on 18" wheels, not being a Auto, etc. etc.

if you have any questions, please PM or post anytime

Old November 7th, 2016, 04:35 AM   #4

Damn all that labor... Lol just fyi hfpc and pcd make 1 hp difference within each other. But the pdc will smell and leave a yellow residue on your bumper since all the cats are gone now .
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2016, 04:35 PM   #5
Mr. Detail

Is your check engine light on or off?
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Damn all that labor... Lol just fyi hfpc and pcd make 1 hp difference within each other. But the pdc will smell and leave a yellow residue on your bumper since all the cats are gone now .
yeah, but the Labor was well worth it. the sheer amount of special tools used to get the rusted Bolts off of the J Pipe install as well as the PCDs install...they gave me a great deal

i did notice a difference in smell for sure and hopefully my Mufflers are far out enough to avoid any discoloration of the bumper
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Is your check engine light on or off?
one of the main reasons i got these. my CEL would come on intermittently and since I tried the easier/cheaper fix (replacing all 4 Oxygen Sensors)

i knew one of the Cats was on its way out. BTW the code was P420

ever since i installed these, zero Check Engine Light issues. the RV6 PCDs include defoulers which was a great plus

i know in about 2 years i will have to buy OEM Cats to pass Emissions here in CO but to me, thats 2 fun years away
Scottwax likes this.
Old November 8th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #8
Mr. Detail

Here we just can't have a CEL, there isn't a visual inspection. I know there are actually mini-cats you can put between the hole and the O2 to keep the light off too. Not just an extender but a tiny catalytic converter.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2016, 06:39 PM   #9

I just got my rv6 pcd install yesterday too. I was surprised at the welds and quality of. Very nice top notch just like in your pictures. And yes theres only a difference of tq and hp by 1 between hfpc and pcd but the cost and smell. At the same time i had install my xlr8 v2 long jpipe(3rd cat delete). The removal and installation of the pcd and jpipe took me 6-7 hrs
530av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in