J35A3 conversion - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2017, 04:58 AM   #1

J35A3 conversion

Long story short I cracked my oil pan on the highway and had to drive a little further than I wanted to while the oil was dumping out of the car. Replaced oil pan and drove the car, seems like I need a new bottom end now. Considering just doing a 3.5 conversion while I have the chance.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But for the most part I just need mdx or odessy crank and then use rest of type s stuff ie. Rods, pistons, rings and type s heads? Stock j32 block? What about the computer? Would it adjust itself or would I need tuning? What bearings would I need to go with the 3.5 crank?

Honestly don't wanna dump this $ into the car especially being this old. But at the same time I don't wanna junk the car because it's well taken care of, as of right now 101k all original miles. (Granted I cracked the oil pan and need a new bottom end) Interior is still perfect, probably could use a good waxing on paint but the car is in great condition. Pretty much it's whole life has been in a garage and barely driven.

Car is an 03 Acura tl type s
Vipi_inspire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2017, 01:31 PM   #2
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Yes, you need the crank and rods from a 01-02 MDX or 02-04 Odyssey.

You can use the J32A2 pistons and rings or 2005 Acura RL piston and ring set.

I Don't know the bearing part #'s/colors you need to use.

Tuning itself would free up some horsepower. The cars run a little rich from the factory. Piggy back is all you need.

OEM Computer will run it fine though.

Honestly, if the car is well taken care of and you drive them till the wheels fall off, Like me, then just replace your J32A2 internals with the same. Compare the price for doing each and see if you wanna do it financially.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #3

I reuse j32 rods and pistons? Just change crank and bearings?

Old November 5th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #4

Going to put a hole in your block if you reuse j32 rods. Get j35 rods you can reuse the j32 pistons if you are doing the j35 block also
Old November 6th, 2017, 06:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Going to put a hole in your block if you reuse j32 rods. Get j35 rods you can reuse the j32 pistons if you are doing the j35 block also
I'm trying to minimize labor costs. So I was planning on reusing stock j32 block as I doubt I will find just a J35A3 bottom end. So I was just trying to swap crank, bearings, and I guess you are saying rods as well.

I'm assuming j32 rods are longer than j35 rods by your post
Old November 6th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #6

^ you are correct j32 are longer since the stroke is shorter, j35 rod are longer due to the long stroke.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in