A'pexi V-TEC Controller II - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:03 AM   #1

A'pexi V-TEC Controller II

Has anyone here manged to get the Contoller to work on their 6speed accord or CL-S???? If so can you point me in the right direction as how to get it to work?

'03 CL-S w/ 6 speed & nav
CT exhaust
CT sway bars
CT springs
Neuspeed short shifter
Neuspeed front strut brace
AEM underdrive pulleys
AEM cold air intake
Debadged rear
Momo racing pedals
18'' Motegi wheels w/ 235/ 40 ev100 yokes
35% tint
2 10'' punch subwoofers & RF amp w/ custom box in the trunk

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jruss9819
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #2

you might wanna talk to RussianRSX-S, he has VAFC II on his 03 AV6 6sp.

and another thing, there is wiring harness from Frog Engine controls that alows to plug in VAFC I harness into wiring harness of car without cutting, splicing, soldering or cramping, just plug-n-play. but that harness for VAFC I and i don't know if it'll work for VAFC II and i don't know wiring harness same on your car and 6 gen AV6.

you can see picture of Frog wiring harness here -> http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...highlight=frog

there is also another company that makes similar harness, here is info on that -> http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...highlight=frog

Last edited by HONDA_99; March 26th, 2004 at 06:04 AM..
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #3
Northcoast Tuner

Send a message via AIM to josephip
I was under the impression that the VAFC would be better suited for the V6 since it is VTEC and that the VAFC-II would be better for the I4 since it is iVTEC, unless the VAFC-II is backwards compatible, but then why pay the extra money for iVTEC compatibility if you can't use it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://members.cardomain.com/josephip
josephip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 27th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #4

Looks like VTECFROG.COM just came out with a new harness adaptor for the AFC II for the CL-S. I'm going to order one and give it another shot. Hopefully the AFC and the car will play nice this time. The down side is that the harness is $150....that kind of sucks.
jruss9819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #5
professional napper

Quote:
Originally posted by jruss9819
Looks like VTECFROG.COM just came out with a new harness adaptor for the AFC II for the CL-S. I'm going to order one and give it another shot. Hopefully the AFC and the car will play nice this time. The down side is that the harness is $150....that kind of sucks.
not to put the harness down, but why do you need it. it would take you about 15-20 mins longer to just hook it up yourself if you know the right wires. i personally wouldn't pay 150 just to be lazy. IMO
speeedfrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2004, 05:47 AM   #6
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
The harness is good way to keep your stock wires in tack. That itself is the reason I got a Frog harness for my Apexi V-AFC. Also it takes no longer than 10mins to have it install, though it's pain to get the connectors off the ECU.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in