03 accord top speed limiter - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:58 AM   #1

03 accord top speed limiter

hi,
i have been on the net to every electronics supplyer i can find, and spoken with other owners etc. and no one can tell how to bypass the top speed limiter [130 mph] . i do a bit of top speed work here in fla. and it is tough to take seeing P.O.S. out run me because of this legally driven evil device. i sure hope some kindred soul will be able to come up with a solution. i have a j30a4 engine in the '03 accord
fireball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #2
professional napper

well, as i don't condone the type of driving you do, i will still try to help you. the only way to remove the speed limiter is to change your ecu. as of now, there are no ecu upgrades that i am aware of. something like a aem ems or hondata would eliminate your "problem".
speeedfrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #3
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Get a 6-speed...... they don't have a speed limiter.

As of now, I've never heard of a way to bypass the limiter on the auomatics.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 26th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #4
shady mofo

amen 03LXV6Guy, amen

--hoop

*neuspeed race springs||neuspeed short shift||SPC rear camber kit||
||15% tint all around||k&n filter||shaved rear end||yoko avs es100||
||custom powdercoated wheels||aem cai||custom flomaster exhaust
i'm a ferrari driver trapped in a honda owners body...
IIHOOPII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to 03 Aero Coupe
Re: 03 accord top speed limiter

Quote:
Originally posted by fireball
hi,
i have been on the net to every electronics supplyer i can find, and spoken with other owners etc. and no one can tell how to bypass the top speed limiter [130 mph] . i do a bit of top speed work here in fla. and it is tough to take seeing P.O.S. out run me because of this legally driven evil device. i sure hope some kindred soul will be able to come up with a solution. i have a j30a4 engine in the '03 accord
Maybe it is God intervening. I would not push it. You do not need to go over the limiter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 Aero Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #6
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
Quote:
Originally posted by 03LXV6Guy
Get a 6-speed...... they don't have a speed limiter.
I know that the whole top speed thing has been disscussed here before. I seem to remember that the 6 speed does have a limiter. Sorry but in my mind it makes no sense that an identical car with 2 different trannies would have a limiter on one and not on the other.
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #7

Well, if you go to dodgeintrepid.net and do a little searching there is a member who made a device that you solder in that can bypass the speed limiter. What is does is make the car think it is going exactly half the speed, and also shows half the milage. I think the guy who made this will sell it to you for pretty cheap, though it is very illegal since it tampers with the odometer. Any how good luck.
Accorddude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #8

hi friends,

thanks for the info to help me by-pass the top speed limiter, i'll let you all know if i am sucessful. also, to those misinformed the six speed [i have,of course] does have the limiter [know before you advise ! and finally to my religious friend , i will pray for you . in the mean time keep both feet flat on the floor.

still at large,
fireball
fireball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #9
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by fireball on March 27th, 2004 at 08:43 AM

also, to those misinformed the six speed [i have,of course] does have the limiter [know before you advise !
I thought I did know.......... but I guess not.

I apologize for being misinformed.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #10
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
JATO rockets.....heck going over 130mph on public roads is dangeous enough, why not?
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #11
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

The 95-99 Maxima guys can kill the speed limiter on the GXE/GLE models by just pulling a fuse I think. ABS or speed sensor fuse. Some of them put an inline switch in so they can turn it on or off. It throws a CEL but who cares.

SE models are unlimited.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in