03 Auto Accord with J2K swap? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2018, 08:18 AM   #1

03 Auto Accord with J2K swap?

Hello Everyone, let me start off saying I got this car for crazy cheap!! Like $125 cheap! My neighbors son got into an accident with this car and bent the front of the subframe.. so I replaced the subframe and the airbags and now it runs amazing... did I mention it only has 70,234 miles on it? The only problem is that it’s an automatic!! So I know the easier way is to swap in the 6-speed trans and everything that comes with it.. but I like the thought of using the J2K kit and using a K-series 6-speed. I then can use the k-tuned shifter box as well. My question is, does anyone have any experience with the J2K kit, I know the starter is somewhat of an issue but with the thickness of the adapter plate and the heads being single-port I feel like there’s enough space that I could make it work.. any ideas on ECU? Would I just use the 6-speed V6 ECU? Also what mount would I use for the trans if I went to the K? Maybe the i4 manual trans mount? Just trying to make a plan on this.. this isn’t my daily and plan on fully gutting/caging it eventually. I love the look of the 7th gen coupes and want to do something different.
Ttali211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2018, 08:37 AM   #2

This is the car after fixing it
Attached Thumbnails
03 Auto Accord with J2K swap?-2604aa56-735a-4ed0-8219-7d08a2b4c8db_1521643047654.jpeg  
Old March 24th, 2018, 07:24 PM   #3

Curious if the K trans is more common? I drove a MT6 before buying my Auto car, and I hate the auto, but I’m having a hard time finding an MT6 trans locally. Is the K trans an easier fit?
DaveyG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 25th, 2018, 11:13 AM   #4

The k series 6-speed trans are way more common and cheaper to get. But doing the swap isn’t as straight forward of an install and finding a 6-speed for a j-series is not easy and if you do they have high mileage. I’ve found rebuilt LSD k-series trans for the cost of a high mileage J 6-speed. But I have yet to find anybody do a J2K swap in a 7th gen along with doing a Auto 2 MT at the same time.. lol I hoping to be the first.. I got this car so cheap that it’s worth it to me to at least try it..
Old March 26th, 2018, 07:57 AM   #5

There’s currently one on eBay that is the engine and trans together from an 06, J30 and 6MT both for $2200 shipped. Since I want to build a forced induction setup later on that would be a great way to go, to have a complete second engine, but like you said, it’s got 170k miles (not a ton, but definitely not low, my 05 only has 102k currently and it’s my daily) I would even more prefer to find some way to swap to 6 speed manual and AWD from another Honda/Acura donor vehicle, but that would likely require some serious mad scientist work, like putting manual K trans internals into a case from an MDX or something nuts like that. It’s likely all just a pipe dream for me.
Old March 26th, 2018, 06:36 PM   #6

Only J2K kit I’ve found is $1095! Ouch! Almost evens out a MT6 that costs $1500-2000
Old March 27th, 2018, 07:48 AM   #7

Here is the link I’ve found for the J2k kit which is only $595.. I live in VA so I can just go pick it up

http://inlinepro.com/inlinepro-j2k-1/
Old March 27th, 2018, 04:40 PM   #8

Ah. The one I found was the adapter plate and flywheel. Probably have to call them to ask what it takes to put the K flywheel on the J engine or if they also include an adapter for that as well.
Old March 28th, 2018, 06:23 AM   #9

Honestly your probably right about calling and figuring out what all it takes to make it happen. I will do so and update the thread so that anyone who’s looking into this, knows exactly what it takes
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:17 PM   #10

You can delete thread, I found a 6-speed trans for $850 shipped with 125k which isn’t too bad
Old March 30th, 2018, 11:31 AM   #11

Yeah I saw one on eBay that was like $900, hard to pass up a direct bolt in with no adaptation guess work. Unless you could find a 6 speed K trans out of a RSX or something for almost free, which I find unlikely
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:24 PM   #12

Yea man, I’m happy I found the trans for a good price, just wish I could of found the TL 6-speed due to the LSD. But can’t complain! can’t wait to feel this motor with the 6-speed
Old May 17th, 2018, 07:42 PM   #13

Its so worth it man, this engine with a manual tranny is nasty. ill be keeping an eye on your thread lmk if you have any questions, as im currently driving a complete manual swapped 7th gen v6. Ecu and vss wiring was hardest to overcome but now that i figured it out it seems so easy!
steve4748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in