J32a3 swap question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 7thgen66

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2018, 01:43 PM   #1

J32a3 swap question

Ok i searched and searched and never could find a straight answer i have a 03 accord coupe 6 speed manual and the j30 in it bent a valve but im swapping a j32a3 and have the 6 speed tl ecu does it matter if the j32 comes from an automatic trans car?
Dustin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2018, 02:19 PM   #2

You'll be fine. What year is ecu ?
accordlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2018, 02:26 PM   #3

Its from a 04 tl 6 speed so it doesnt matter that the motor is from an auto? Nothing needs to be changed on the motor for the swap
Dustin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 7th, 2018, 09:16 PM   #4

you will have to double check the coolant cross over line. I believe the AT and MT are different
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:09 AM   #5

No, nothing major needs to be changed when using auto motor into manual car.i did this when i swapped an mt into my auto accord. Only difference i seen was coolant lines on the auto tranny that the manual didn't use. I just plugged them. Going on 5k miles since swap no issues..
steve4748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2018, 05:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
you will have to double check the coolant cross over line. I believe the AT and MT are different
yeah theres one coolant hose off of the stock MT j30 block you need to reuse, it literally loops the coolant right back into the block, located under the TB, about the same thickness as the heater core hoses. its on the same coolant pipe as the radiator hoses.

i did the swap, j32a3 from automatic in my accord 6MT, there was ONE sensor on the intake manifold that had a different sized plug, its located behind the TB bolted onto the intake manifold with a vacuum hose keep it from your original block and slap it on the j32 intake. it won't bolt on directly but take the whole bracket from your original intake manifold, you can make it work to stay on with one bolt. if for whatever reason you want it to be bolted securely you can just swap over the whole intake manifold from your j30, as far as i know its the exact same thing.

ill upload pics later.

first picture shows me pointed at that sensor i grabbed from the J30 before i tossed it you can see it goes to that "EVAP SERVICE POINT" thing with the green cap in the second photo, then the second photo is hard to see my finger but im pointing at the hose that loops out and right back in to the block, the inlet and outlet are right next to each other just slightly parallel.

yes i know i left that clamp loose on the sensor lol, i noticed AFTER taking the photo.
imnotmatt1189 likes this.

Last edited by 7thgen66; June 10th, 2018 at 07:43 PM..
7thgen66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in